Billie Joe giving away a drumset to first fan to meet him in NYC today

JellyTime

Billie has done some cool things in his time but this is pretty fucking amazing!! What an awesome guy. Oh to live in NYC haha.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Blake looks like a complete cunt.

I think he has a nice smile.

I agree. Even I've been recently contemplating selling my stuff.

:shok: To buy what? More Green Day stuff?

I'm just playing, Adam, you know I love you.

Aww :wub:

Or maybe instead of moving he just doesn't want the drums or got a better set and has no room for that one?

Mighty cool and awesome of Billie to do

I was at work when I saw the first instagram post and wanted to just leave and get to the city (I live about 20 minutes away by bus)

But that's great that Blake won the drumset and I hope he uses it well :)

Good for the guy who got the drums! Hopefully he has fun with them! For now, at least...

barney-evil-laugh-o.gif

They'll go up on eBay eventually. No matter how much you cherish your Green Day possessions, the money always wins in the end :cry: :cry:

Wow. This kinda makes me sad. I have a copy of Look for Love and never in 14 million years would I think about parting with it.

Damn I still have my first drumhead.. I would never sell anything I got from someone famous. I still have my guitar pick that Billie threw, Sometimes I rub it on my face and... well you know it just gets dirty from there..

(Oh and I'm terribly jealous of this guy who got the drums ...ever since that Tre cool drum giveaway I've had nightmares haha)

...and this is why I've adored this guy for 20 years next month. *cough* Somebody else *cough* would never even think of this, and Billie is so wonderfully human. :wub: Congrats to Blake, whoever he is!

...and this is why I've adored this guy for 20 years next month. *cough* Somebody else *cough* would never even think of this, and Billie is so wonderfully human. :wub: Congrats to Blake, whoever he is!

*cough* Who are you *cough* referring to? *cough*

He was too early...

10919716_719556108164967_235605514_n.jpg

:lol: I think that's a smirk you can only get from beating hundreds of people to be personally given a drum set by BJA

And it's lovely that he's such a massive fan and appreciates it so much :happy:, good for him and for Billie!

My jelly is strong tonight.

Fucking americans and their opportunities

The number of Americans who had the opportunity to get to that street in a few minutes doesn't account for much of the population :P

Anyone that was there before/during/after 4pm that can describe how it went down and how many people showed up? I'm really curious. I bet it was chaos at around 4.30pm

There was nothing on the local news about this. I would imagine if a huge crowd had shown up there would have been a mention.

I bet there were only a few people rather than a crowd. How much time between announcement and deadline?

I´m still on my way... you never know...

I bet there were only a few people rather than a crowd. How much time between announcement and deadline?

I´m still on my way... you never know...

He posted the picture around 3:30, said to meet him at 4:30. But I think the guy got there around 4. So not much time.

No, not much time. That´s why I think there were only a few people. And the rest probably failed because they didn´t know how to transport a drumkit through NYC... :)

No, not much time. That´s why I think there were only a few people. And the rest probably failed because they didn´t know how to transport a drumkit through NYC... :)

If I could have gotten there, I would have figured out how to get the drum kit home.

If I could have gotten there, I would have figured out how to get the drum kit home.

I wonder where the guy picked up the drumkit. Can´t imagine BJ standing on the corner of the crossing with the drumkit in a wheelbarrow. :)

I wonder where the guy picked up the drumkit. Can´t imagine BJ standing on the corner of the crossing with the drumkit in a wheelbarrow. :)

I don't know if he had a wheelbarrow, but he was apparently standing on a corner with a drum kit. He gave the cross streets in his first instagram.

Or maybe he was just there waiting and the kit elsewhere in a dry, safe place to be picked up?

How was he not trampled by fans and cause a riot that police would be needed to break up? How?

Archived