What is Chad talking about?

Akshat

In a recent interview, while discussing the hate Nickelback gets, he said something on the lines of "Thank God we get so much hate. Love em or hate em. Without that, we would be like Green Day"

What is he trying to say? If he's dissing Green Day then I'd like to know why. Just like his music,I didn't understand this Green Day reference

Read the whole article:

http://ww2.nationalpost.com/m/wp/blog.html?b=arts.nationalpost.com/2014/11/24/nickelback-doesnt-mind-being-the-worlds-most-hated-band-without-that-we-would-just-be-green-day

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The point he was trying to make was drastically obscured by his terrible comparison, as well as his usual general impotence and pointlessness.

I just wish you buggers could spell Nickelback right.

It's their fault for spelling it wrong, if you ask me.

Bless him, his arse is still sore over the Nickelback Community piss-take.

This is how you remind me of what this place once was?

I read that too, I couldn't get what he was trying to say either!

He's saying that if a band is neither loved or hated then people are indifferent towards them, and implying that in his opinion Green Day are the latter.

You know that old saying - opinions are like arseholes, we all have them.

Everybody knows that if you make a video and you put the word Nickelback in it its going to get a minimum of a million views. Every single time.

So it must be interesting in some way, you know. Love em or hate em. Without that, we would just be Green Day.

Someone who can be arsed should gather some stats on GD video viewing figures and send them to him.

He's trying to capitalise the hate he gets. He's been doing it for quite some time. It's pathetic.

In show business people will do anything for attention, it doesn't really matter what kind of attention it is.

Personally I don't hate any bands. There's the music I like, and the rest is a kind of background noise.

He's trying to capitalise the hate he gets. He's been doing it for quite some time. It's pathetic.

He's also insanely rich so I doubt he gives a fuck.

He's trying to say that Nickelback are "love em or hate em", they're a controversial band that polarize people, and that he'd rather have that than not polarize people and just be bland and kind of liked by everyone, with Green Day as an example of that. But he fails miserably, because Green Day actually have polarized people on many occasions and aren't bland. There's a thousand boring bands he could've picked as an example, Green Day was a terrible choice. Meanwhile the fact is the main reason Nickelback is hated isn't because they're too extreme or edgy etc, but because they're middle of the road and bland, making the whole thing even more ridiculous.

I feel I should post this again, skip to 1:30 :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KrRLASM31SU

A few years ago, a local radio station took a bunch of nickelback songs and superimposed them on each other. They were almost exactly the same. They did it to prove that all nickelback songs truly sound alike. Sounds like Chad is a bit jealous

all you new members missed this

LZtSTJw.png

anyway I think it's just bad phrasing from Chadman. It looks like he is implying that Green Day only has fans and no haters, obviously they haven't been on youtube for hours just watching interviews replying to haters in a bitter manner with alternative YT accounts.

He's trying to say that Nickelback are "love em or hate em", they're a controversial band that polarize people, and that he'd rather have that than not polarize people and just be bland and kind of liked by everyone, with Green Day as an example of that. But he fails miserably, because Green Day actually have polarized people on many occasions and aren't bland. There's a thousand boring bands he could've picked as an example, Green Day was a terrible choice. Meanwhile the fact is the main reason Nickelback is hated isn't because they're too extreme or edgy etc, but because they're middle of the road and bland, making the whole thing even more ridiculous.

I feel I should post this again, skip to 1:30 :D

this is my fave interview.

He is saying if they weren't so hated they would have good music and be a great band. Alas they are hated so they fucking suck. Basically he is blaming the haters for his failure to morph into Green Day. I feel sorry for him that he can't accept responsibility for his own shortcomings *sigh*

Archived