"Ordinary World" movie starring Billie Joe

Give_Me_Novacaine90

I am VERY excited to see him in a lead role. Also mainly because I find his acting hilarious.

Agreed. The first time I saw him in that "Haunted" ep. I almost cried. I don't think his character was supposed to be /that/ funny, but I thought he was hysterical and did a good job. "The ponies'll kill ya!" xD

And because I can fangirl at the theater (no one ever shows up to the one I go to, except for big blockbusters and the superhero movies) hehe

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Billie's bad acting skills will only be funny to Green Day fans as long as his acting 'career' remains trivial. Once he actually starts 'seriously' acting (like in this case, starring in a movie), I don't think it'll be funny anymore. Like yes, we'll all still be like "oh Billie!" but if he actually wants to do this on a more serious basis, or have critics and fellow actors and directors take him seriously, I don't think it'll be as easy for us to just laugh his poor performances off like we want to. Him playing the lead in a film is the end of an era in which he's just doing cameo appearances for fun and his acting skills didn't really matter in those guest spots anyway. Once his characters start actually mattering to the long-term plots of films and whatnot, it's less excusable for him to suck. So, for his sake, I hope that he gets better. I think he is getting ever-so-slightly better at acting, and practice makes you better, but I for one do not want to see him suck anymore. He can suck all he wants in tiny guest roles on unknown TV shows, but I don't want to see him embarrass himself on a bigger stage.

Why does the English-speaking world have such high expectations and is so quick to criticise? Billie's acting is pretty good for a novice actor and he's obviously putting his heart into it. :)

Why does the English-speaking world have such high expectations and is so quick to criticise? Billie's acting is pretty good for a novice actor and he's obviously putting his heart into it. :)

Because there's a lot of damn good acting in films and Billie has mostly shown the opposite of that?

Maybe this is Billie's way of preparing for playing St. Jimmy in the AI film? Ya know, practice, practice, practice! :P

Maybe this is Billie's way of preparing for playing St. Jimmy in the AI film? Ya know, practice, practice, practice! :P

I hope so, I hope he acts and acts all as preparation for St. Jimmy, and then either becomes an enormously celebrated actor because of that, or simply retires from acting immediately thereafter :lol:

I hope so, I hope he acts and acts all as preparation for St. Jimmy, and then either becomes an enormously celebrated actor because of that, or simply retires from acting immediately thereafter :lol:

Preferably the second! :)

Think he's taking any acting lessons? I know he learned a lot while on Broadway and was probably given helpful hints by everyone but it's a bit different than actually being a lead actor. Unless the director wants him to be the geeky guy he always is for the role. That might be cute but a cringeworthy non-acting performance!

Agree! :)

Besides, I always think is a matter of what each one of like (maybe not ALL the time, but still); for ex., to me there are some performances of people who seems to be trying too much, and it shows and they're not convincing me at all!

Maybe I'll always make the exception with Billie, I know. But I like the roles he had! <Not the dying part, though :(

• 1 month later...

I'm kind of waiting for another source. Not saying it's not true, just kind of surprised that he'd sign on for more acting.

Ha my thoughts exactly - I thought this was a spam thread - but his cameo in this is 40 was solid gold

Nice thought but isn't that just the same as the musical but on the screen - if it even happens.

I'm sorry, did I click on the wrong thread? There's nothing on-topic on this entire page :P

Yar that's why I thought it was a spam thread..

He's not British so would never happen

(Not that I wouldn't oppose him playing Bond it would be funny/interesting to see his small frame running and jumping and fighting but only British actors can portray Bond Fleming was very strict on that when he sold the rights to the movie field)

I can imagine Billie "shaken yknow not stirred"

I just had a mental picture of billie sipping a martini

Let It Play, the film production company's info on Geezer:

Director: Lee Kirk

Producers: Tim Perell, Alex A. Ginzburg, Tony Lee

Writer: Lee Kirk

Cast: Billie Joe Armstrong (from Billie Joe's IG post I'm adding Selma Blair, Madisyn Shipman)

Synopsis: On his 40th birthday, Perry (Armstrong) looks back on his life and wonders whether he made the right decision to become a husband and father rather than continue pursuing a career as a wild rocker.

http://www.letitplay.com/?film=1

Awesome! Pretty much playing himself then :lol:. Can't wait to see it.

Hope the "wild rocker" writes some songs for the movie

Sad to say but I think Green Day is over. If Billie makes any more music, it will be solo and in a different genre.

Oh, you're sure? Ok cheers mate, I'll just delete all my Green Day and forget they ever existed shall I?

Let It Play, the film production company's info on Geezer:

Director: Lee Kirk

Producers: Tim Perell, Alex A. Ginzburg, Tony Lee

Writer: Lee Kirk

Cast: Billie Joe Armstrong (from Billie Joe's IG post I'm adding Selma Blair, Madisyn Shipman)

Synopsis: On his 40th birthday, Perry (Armstrong) looks back on his life and wonders whether he made the right decision to become a husband and father rather than continue pursuing a career as a wild rocker.

http://www.letitplay.com/?film=1

Awesome! Pretty much playing himself then :lol:. Can't wait to see it.

I wonder if he concludes he made the right choice or not :lol:

Geezer or Geezar, the film that Billie Joe is in is going to be filming in Queens this week!
via @olv neighborhood facebook page posted this. Geezar filming on Margaret Place in Glendale Queens NY 11/12 thru 11/14http://t.co/u219FT8Of6

10347714_10152672859308961_1877051254247

I wonder if he concludes he made the right choice or not :lol:

If they're going the comedy route and they want him to be the lovable idiot type character then yeah I'd say he will lol

If they're going the comedy route and they want him to be the lovable idiot type character then yeah I'd say he will lol

Is it a comedy?

I mean it's probably not a dark emo drama, so yeah, I'm sure his character will be fine in the end :lol:

Geezer - Feature Film - Shoots Nov 11

Geezer - Feature Film. No synopsis available this time.

Casting Date: TBD
Shoot Date: Nov. 11

Non-Union Grandparent Types | Male or Female | Any Ethnicity | Age: 57 - 73 | Role Type: Background Talent to portray grandparents at a talent show. Must be available Tues., 11/11. spacer.gifspacer.gif

SAG-AFTRA Portraying 9 Year Old Kids | Male or Female | Any Ethnicity | Age: 10 - 12 | Role Type: Background Seeking for 10 to 12 year old kids to portray 9 year old children at school. Must be available Tues., 11/11. spacer.gifspacer.gif

SAG-AFTRA/Non-Union Kid Breakdancers | Male or Female | Any Ethnicity | Age: 6 - 12 | Role Type: Background Seeking for kids who can breakdance. Please indicate in the cover note if child is part of a breakdancing group. Must be available Tues., 11/11. SAG SPECIAL ABILITY RATE. spacer.gifspacer.gif

SAG-AFTRA/Non-Union Kid who Plays Instrument | Male or Female | Any Ethnicity | Age: 7 - 10 | Role Type: Background Seeking for a child talent who plays an instrument decently. Please indicate in the cover note what instrument child plays and ability level. Must be available Tues., 11/11. SAG SPECIAL ABILITY RATE.

SAG-AFTRA/Non-Union Parent Types | Male or Female | Any Ethnicity | Age: 37 - 49 | Role Type: Background Talent to portray parents at a talent show. Must be available Tues., 11/11.

Baby Male Twins | Male | Any Ethnicity | Age: 0 - 1 | Role Type: Background - Updated: 11/5/2014Twins ages should be 10 months to 18 months old. The baby twins will portray sons of the lead character. Note: The babies must be available for 21 days of work.

Geezer - Feature Film - Photo-Double Talent

SAG-AFTRA Salome Photo-Double | Female | Caucasian | Age: 7 - 10 Talent to portray photo-double for Salome. Hair: Brunette. Height: 4'4". Weight: 60 lbs. Please see attached picture in the project description for reference.

I was just watching the weather. It's going to be i the 60's today and tomorrow and then highs in the 40's and lows in the 20's the rest of the week. We may even get some snow on Friday. Since Billie wears a parka and ski cap in 50 degree weather they are going to have to stick him in a heated bubble to survive.

Archived