Billie Joe, Joey, and Jason White performing at 1-2-3-4 Go Records

djrossstar

Maybe it's the mom in me, maybe it's the romantic, but how adorable is it to see Joey playing along with his dad on one of the first love songs his dad wrote about his mom? So sweet :) I imagine Adie got a kick out of that.

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe it's the mom in me, maybe it's the romantic, but how adorable is it to see Joey playing along with his dad on one of the first love songs his dad wrote about his mom? So sweet :) I imagine Adie got a kick out of that.

Do you see Church on Sunday as a love song.

I think she was referring to 2000 Lightyears Away

It is? "I'll die for you, and this comprimise" it's about learnig to make comprimises in a relationship

I think she was referring to 2000 Lightyears Away

OK I misread the first bit. I am always getting the songs wrong :thumbsdown: & you are always correcting me :)

It is? "I'll die for you, and this comprimise" it's about learnig to make comprimises in a relationship

hmm yeah but I am first to admit billie doesn't always write about an event in his life but I would love to know the origin of this song.

That setlist is insane! I'd kill to be there! I want a video of Little Boy Named Train so bad.

They've been gone for a while... where have you been? :P

oh you're right! oops sorry! i will never question GDCs hair obsession again

OK I misread the first bit. I am always getting the songs wrong :thumbsdown: & you are always correcting me :)

hmm yeah but I am first to admit billie doesn't always write about an event in his life but I would love to know the origin of this song.

Billie talked about Church on Sunday on Much Music back when Warning came out. He said "It's a love song" about being in a long term relationship and making compromises so it has a fairly straightforward 80 origin.

Billie talked about Church on Sunday on Much Music back when Warning came out. He said "It's a love song" about being in a long term relationship and making compromises so it has a fairly straightforward 80 origin.

Maybe but "making your mascara bleed/tears down your face/leaving traces of my mistakes" doesn't seem like a love song sounds like regret for an indiscretion to me.

Maybe but "making your mascara bleed/tears down your face/leaving traces of my mistakes" doesn't seem like a love song sounds like regret for an indiscretion to me.

Absolutely but the overall message of the song is learning to fix your mistakes and compromise and love. Adrienne said it's one of her favorites and Billie has said repeatedly that he considers it a love song.

The embarrassing thing is that all the girls of Joey's age want a piece of his dad instead of him.

In fairness, whenever the younger fans do swoon over Joey, they all get shamed in here by the older ones. :P

I was actually debating myself, from Joey's perspective, where this would rank on the scale of awkward/embarrassing to touching.

It's no secret that Billie Joe and Adrienne have had fights and have even gotten to the brink of divorce in the past. They've been together a long time, but it's never been a Hollywood Happy Ending type scenario, even if the press sometimes paints it that way. They've had their share of issues and spats, and they've had to work through them, just like everybody else. "Church on Sunday" is clearly a reconciliation/apology, rather than channeling more negative feelings. So, while it may not be a serenade in the vein of 2000 LYA, 80, or When It'sTime, it still comes from a place of love and caring and wanting to make things work. "Scattered" is about Adrienne as well, for that matter, and falls in a similar category to this one.

Joey please pick the setlists for the next GD tour ;)

i would appreciate that as long as we get some more variety (like this one) from the usual green day setlist

That setlist and the whole combination sound super extraordinary and very cool. Would've loved to be there, as probably everyone!

I absolutely love how they played some rare Green Day songs that are hardly ever played at actual Green Day shows.

Oh no wait, I don't love that. In fact, I feel quite the opposite about it.

I absolutely love how they played some rare Green Day songs that are hardly ever played at actual Green Day shows.

you just fucked with my head majorly

Church on Sunday!! One of my absolute favourites. Simple, catchy, meaningful lyrics - pretty much epitomises why Green Day are my favourite band.

Surely that's better than them not getting played at all?

Archived