21CB: The Musical

Davey Elmer

always liked the idea of a 21stCB musical, song of the century would be a badass intro, as it was on the tour

i also appreciate the character made out of east jesus nowhere

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In pulling together the commercial versions of the songs for my 'Proof of Concept' album, I made some adjustments to the order of the songs, so here's the final, updated song list (in order):

Song of the Century

21st Century Breakdown

Viva la Gloria

99 Revolutions

Brain Stew Part 1 (Life Before the Lobotomy)

Christian's Inferno

Brain Stew Part 2 (I'm Having Trouble Trying to Sleep)

Hearts Collide

Lights Out

East Jesus Nowhere

Peacemaker

Little Girl

Murder City

Warning

Minority

Another State of Mind

Drama Queen

Like a Rolling Stone

Restless Heart Syndrome

Horseshoes and Handgrenades

She

The Static Age

See the Light

American Eulogy

A few notes on the new song list and song order:

* Brain Stew Part 1 is the Before the Lobotomy Chorus (everything of BtL besides the 'Dreaming' intro and outro), and Brain Stew Part 2 is the song Brain Stew in its entirety

* I had originally conceived the show as having mashups in it, but decided to instead separate the songs that would've constituted said mashups because that's how they appear on the 'Proof of Concept' album (albeit out of necessity)

* I decided to move Christian's Inferno and use it as the 'bridge' between the two parts of Brain Stew in an echo of the way that Extraordinary Girl bridges Before the Lobotomy and Before the Lobotomy (Reprise) in the AI musical

I'm going to look for a place to file-host my Proof of Concept album so that I can share it with everybody (hopefully within the next couple of days depending on how much free time I have between work and getting ready to play Special Olympics soccer both locally and in New Jersey), so watch this space.

Why She or Brain Stew?

I felt that they fit into the general story of the original album, such as it is, and the storyline for the musical adaptation as I've outlined it.

Archived