Listen to "State Of Shock"

ColinOr

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I did the lyrics. I'm 99% sure this is 100% accurate.

Personally I really love the song.

I already posted them in the other thread and have had them on GDA since this morning :)

But, you are correct though. Word for word, the same as I have.

The chorus of the song actually does bring up an interesting point though...

I really love this song! I've been listening to it all day and I just can't get enough of it. :dance:

I wonder why Green Day decided to scratch it from the Trilogy...

Scumbag from Shenanigans anyone?

Way too much crash symbol though

Well...it's not mixed. Like at all

Definitely hearing some Chump at 0:36.

I honestly found this song incredibly boring, nothing special about it at all to me. Can see why it's not on the Trilogy. :P

I listen to the complete CD.

Some songs are better. In Let Yourself Go and Oh Love they changed some lyrics, I like it.

Demolicious is not perfect, but it's good.

I love the new song, but that's also because I didn't bother looking into the crap that was already out there, and that I had zero expectations of it going in, so I could enjoy it for what it is.

Its not hugely amazing, but I really like it because its like something you'd hear on Shenanigans or Nimrod.

As for all the negative reactions, how much did you expect from a song that wasn't good enough to make the TRILOGY?

After a few listens i really like this song, that chorus is so catchy!

This gifs describe exactly how I felt while listening the state of shock for the first time.

In the intro and verse part I was listening carefully and was like: "this has potential".

HqmId.gif

When the chorus started I wasn't really sure anymore

y2Zwk.gif

So when the next verse started I was wondering if the song will have the "boom effect"

9DWBx.gif

Then the chorus started again and I was bored

joCZx.gif

In the instrumental part I was like

f6due.gif

When the song ended I was like

dHpQc.gif

Fuck this shit

258.gif

Its not hugely amazing, but I really like it because its like something you'd hear on Shenanigans or Nimrod.

As for all the negative reactions, how much did you expect from a song that wasn't good enough to make the TRILOGY?

Because some b sides that didn't make albums can potentially be better than some songs on the actual album... it happens with other bands too...

This gifs describe exactly how I felt while listening the state of shock for the first time.

#haterz

Reminder: The song is a DEMO and it didn't make the cut for the trilogy. Why have high hopes and/or criticize the heck out of it?

Reminder: The song is a DEMO and it didn't make the cut for the trilogy. Why have high hopes and/or criticize the heck out of it?

Exactly. Obviously the band ranked it 38 out of 37, so why would anyone expect to like it more than that? (And FWIW, many of us DO like it more than that!)

It's not special but it's fine. It sounds like any ol' run of the mill Green Day song which I still enjoy more than most things on this planet.

Archived