Green Day to release LP titled "Demolicious" to support Record Store Day

Fuzz

I might actually be going back because my mom wants to buy all the Grateful Dead records and scalp them on ebay. Totally not cool mom, but I can't hate on her too much because she did buy my records for me :P

Don't let your mom do that, dude. :lol: Hide them from her.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I scored a red vinyl! Apparently, the artist who did the cover lives in the neighborhood of the store I went to, so he signed all of the covers that were for sale at that particular store! :)

Don't hide them in the store - that makes it hard for everyone else to find them. Just go into the store, give them a headshot of your mom, and ask them if they can put the albums behind the counter and, if she comes in inquiring about them, tell her that they are all out.

My mom bought a $700 necklace at an auction and sold it for double. This is what she's good at, and it makes her happy (and slightly evil) :P I won't let her do it with anything Green Day though

I scored a red vinyl! Apparently, the artist who did the cover lives in the neighborhood of the store I went to, so he signed all of the covers that were for sale at that particular store! :)

Yeah, he posted that on instagram! Now you just need it signed by all of Green Day, and then you'll have an amazing piece!

God 99 Revs sounds amazing on this one! XD (Waited for retail to listen)

Don't hide them in the store - that makes it hard for everyone else to find them. Just go into the store, give them a headshot of your mom, and ask them if they can put the albums behind the counter and, if she comes in inquiring about them, tell her that they are all out.

Very good idea.

My mom bought a $700 necklace at an auction and sold it for double.

That's terrible :lol:

i still haven't listened to this, i was waiting to get the CD but seeing as my place didn't get it in.. oh poo :lol: thankfully Josh has a vinyl player he's letting me use tomorrow when i visit him so YAY. the first time i listen to it, is gunna be awesome :P but fuck i don't wanna wait.

lol @ "how dare Tman's mom sell Record Store Day merch to people who can't otherwise get them!"

Yet no one bats an eye at "Hey can you get a second one for me and ship it to me? PM for details".

Yet no one bats an eye at "Hey can you get a second one for me and ship it to me? PM for details".

These people aren't doing it for profit.

Ok, Im in desperate need of a RED LP , i have Clear for Trade if anyone wants to swap :D

These people aren't doing it for profit.

If you're against someone making a profit I recommend you avoid anyone selling anything to anyone else, and that includes your record store. Unless every purchase you make is straight from the hands that produced it you've got no point.

i went to two record stores today and the first store had 1 vinyl and 1 cd (mine :) ) and the second store only had 1 vinyl...and nearly eeeeeveryone just asked for green day :D

If you're against someone making a profit I recommend you avoid anyone selling anything to anyone else, and that includes your record store. Unless every purchase you make is straight from the hands that produced it you've got no point.

Yes, but the scalpers will take a $30 record and start the bidding at $100.

I was thrilled my local record store had Demolicious. They had plenty of CDs, four cassettes and one vinyl. I was very tempted to buy the vinyl since it was the only one....but I decided against it. the CD alone was 20 bucks. The cassettes were 14 and the vinyl was 31. I am enjoying the CD, but wish the songs were a little more different. Aside from one or two words from one or two songs, they are nearly identical to the album versions.

Very good idea.

That's terrible :lol:

Terrible for whom? The buyer wanted it enough, they're happy, my mom's happy, and then she uses the money to buy things for me which makes me happy. :lol: plus she bought it at a charity auction, so $700 dollars are going towards sick children

Ohio or Michigan (judging by your concert location in your sig)?

I live in Northern Indiana. :) Most said that the album sold out in just a few minutes. All formats were gone except for one cassette and the CD I bought.

I just came back from buying my copies, both CD and vinly. Such a big turn out. The record store sold out in less than an hour.

It's like $60 for most RSD 2014 releases so far

If the market's there it's there. If it's as outrageous as it sounds to you to everyone else it won't sell anyway. Someone who buys off eBay for a hundred is not a person who had the opportunity to get it at their record store. The supply is low as it is, the rest is about their demand.

I want the people that enjoy the music to buy the records, not profit-seekers.

Terrible for whom? The buyer wanted it enough, they're happy, my mom's happy, and then she uses the money to buy things for me which makes me happy.

Terrible for the people that got ripped off.

If anyone has an extra vinyl copy I would like to buy it :)

I scored a free 7 inch RSD release by the Afterpartees. Saw them play an instore today as well. Those dudes rock the house

It's like $60 for most RSD 2014 releases so far

Fair enough. Still, the fact that they take something that is high in demand that they personally don't want and just sell it at inflated prices for their own gain irks me. Now, I think I could be willing to be more sympathetic to those people involved in the practice who do it to help their families - it doesn't make the general practice better, but I don't think I would hold it against the person.

I want the people that enjoy the music to buy the records, not profit-seekers.

Someone who buys off eBay for a hundred is not a person who had the opportunity to get it at their record store.

People that enjoy the music do buy the records. It just goes through a middle man. Or should I say a second middle man, since your record store sure as hell falls into the category of "profit-seekers".

It's shitty they don't have the color listed...

Also the cassette nor the cd show any set amount...

Archived