Blasphemy & Genocide: Unpopular Green Day Opinions, Part 2

Spike

A couple of people on here reckon Green Day is gonna break up soon. This is based on how crap the Trilogy did and the Billie Joe's perceived ego.

Well, this is an exact repeat of what happened with Warning, so I highly doubt it'll change anything. Also, at one of the London gigs on the 21CB tour (I think it was Wembley Arena, but it might've been Wembley Stadium or the O2) he said "the only way I'm leaving this band is if they roll me away in a coffin", so I'm more than sceptical.

• Like 1

Well, this is an exact repeat of what happened with Warning, so I highly doubt it'll change anything. Also, at one of the London gigs on the 21CB tour (I think it was Wembley Arena, but it might've been Wembley Stadium or the O2) he said "the only way I'm leaving this band is if they roll me away in a coffin", so I'm more than sceptical.

But isn´t it that BJ always forgets what he ever said?

Everyone here scoffs at the idea of Green Day breaking up, and idk why. I'd love if they kept making music forever, obviously, but after this last tour, I just didn't see any evidence of enthusiasm or desire left. I think they'd all grown out of it. Should they go on? Yes. Will they? Eh doubtful.

• Like 1

Everyone here scoffs at the idea of Green Day breaking up, and idk why. I'd love if they kept making music forever, obviously, but after this last tour, I just didn't see any evidence of enthusiasm or desire left. I think they'd all grown out of it. Should they go on? Yes. Will they? Eh doubtful.

They haven't really done anything after the last tour, that doesn't mean they don't want to. If Billie didn't want to keep in the music business, he wouldn't play with The Replacements, Mike's obviously got other things on his mind, and no one ever knows what's in Tré's head. We don't know anything that'd lead to that assumption.

I would neither be surprised if they all did something else nor would I be surprised if they went on with the Green Day project. You never know. Something new could be really something... umm... new... I prefer FBHT anyway...

Because they've constantly and consistently said they plan to carry on until one of them is "in a coffin" etc throughout their whole career, and they only ever say positive things about the future of the band? It's always possible that any band could break up of course as we never know everything and even they don't know what might happen in the future, but as it stands there's tons of evidence of them not wanting to break up and no evidence of them wanting to.

• Like 4

6/10 troll. Pretty good start, could've been a little better.
  • Like 1

Because they've constantly and consistently said they plan to carry on until one of them is "in a coffin" etc throughout their whole career, and they only ever say positive things about the future of the band? It's always possible that any band could break up of course as we never know everything and even they don't know what might happen in the future, but as it stands there's tons of evidence of them not wanting to break up and no evidence of them wanting to.

Billie said the coffin thing ONCE. No one else said it. And Billie says a lot of untrue things. "99 Revs is the best song I've ever written."

Billie said the coffin thing ONCE. No one else said it. And Billie says a lot of untrue things. "99 Revs is the best song I've ever written."

i've heard billie say some variation of the coffin thing, or something along the same lines, at every show i've been to (sheffield '09, wembley stadium '10, leeds fest '13).

• Like 3

Actually, if he believes it then, to him, it's true. So that example is really lacking in its merit.

It's not a lie if you believe it.

I see what you mean, many people pointed toward Reading as an indicator that they were sort of tired as a band. The Australian leg did little to qwell that notion, they were in top form but they still seemed tired.

My personal opinion is that they'll continue to stay away from GD stuff (as they have for almost 7 months) and then they'll have another crossroads like they did after Warning. I believe they'll choose to continue creating music together as Green Day, because the rehab/trilogy debacle is not the way this band wants to go out.

I agree with this as well. Music defines them, and Green Day is what these guys are. Their rhetoric over the years has been consistent, and perhaps this is muddled by health complications in and around the band (rehab, Brittney, etc.) but I just don't see it happening. Not because i could never bear to see my favorite band breakup but because they just seem to love what they do too much

The fact that DookieLukie knows more about the band's internal affairs than Billie does.

No he doesn't

Everything I say is entirely serious.

No it isn't. I've seen you make jokes before.

this is the most amazing conversation i've seen on here in a while

on topic, i would be really shocked if green day broke up, but i wouldn't care if they did.

• Like 2

this is the most amazing conversation i've seen on here in a while

I don't think it is. There wasn't anything that special about it.

I see what you mean, many people pointed toward Reading as an indicator that they were sort of tired as a band. The Australian leg did little to qwell that notion, they were in top form but they still seemed tired.

To be honest, they probably seemed tired because they actually were tired - when the Trilogy tour started, it was pretty much constant travelling/playing/travelling again. Even Green Day need to rest sometimes.

• Like 2

To be honest, they probably seemed tired because they actually were tired - when the Trilogy tour started, it was pretty much constant travelling/playing/travelling again. Even Green Day need to rest sometimes.

When I said "seemed tired" I didn't mean to suggest anything but the fact that they were actually tired :P

But yes, you're probably right

• Like 1

• lizziebix featured this topic