Modern version of the Dookie cover

Florence

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There's a modern version of the Dookie cover in Kerrang! :woot:

tumblr_n066v5NH2r1rsvwkko1_1280.jpg

WOW

OK, that's actually really fucking cool. Look at silly little Jason White. :D Who wants to pick up a copy for me and mail it to the U.S.? I'll pay you.

That modern Dookie cover is the coolest thing I've ever seen :woot:. It's so well done, absolutely love it!

OK, that's actually really fucking cool. Look at silly little Jason White. :D Who wants to pick up a copy for me and mail it to the U.S.? I'll pay you.

I can get you one. I think it will be about $10 or $11 including shipping

I can get you one. I think it will be about $10 or $11 including shipping

Yay, PM me if you're willing to do it! :happy:

It really is. :happy: I can almost imagine if Green Day ever released some sort of re-issue of Dookie, like re-recorded or something, they might use something like that for a cover. It's a nice way of representing the past and the present at the same time :)

except I don't think Miley Cyrus would be on there twerking

except I don't think Miley Cyrus would be on there twerking

Never underestimate Green Day. :eyebrows:

It really is. :happy: I can almost imagine if Green Day ever released some sort of re-issue of Dookie, like re-recorded or something, they might use something like that for a cover. It's a nice way of representing the past and the present at the same time :)

Perhaps Kerrang is hinting at something .....?

Perhaps Kerrang is hinting at something .....?

Hmm I don't know...I think any hints like that would come from the guys themselves. It's definitely possible though, there's no point ruling anything out :happy: If something Dookie related happens this year they're obviously going to cover it so maybe?

WOW

omg the original monkey is old now!! thats kinda sad in a way. WHERE HAS THE TIME GONE? *dramatically runs away*

Sorry I have to reply to my own post but :woot: I found the original (without the writing over the picture) on Phillip Marsden's tumblr aka the artist who made the updated Dookie version for Kerrang.

tumblr_n08y4yDXhM1ru7p21o1_1280.jpg

How he made it http://25.media.tumblr.com/828b9e9fe19f3229e3c19d88dad1ff26/tumblr_n05i07U6Pz1ru7p21o1_1280.jpg also from http://pipgreed.tumblr.com/

I seriously HAVE to buy the next Kerrang issues :runaround:

All the new little details are so freaking cool!

This just shows not only that time passsed by, but also how modern the album and its artwork are, speaking today as they did twenty years ago, in their own way.

Long live Dookie :wub:

It's amazing! I love how he presented Wake Me Up When September Ends :lol: And the old monkey and little Jason... Every detail has a meaning. I hope Green Day will see this artwork!

Archived