Random Green Day Thoughts

Fuzz

So, the Rock am Ring festival just posted that all the headliners for 2018 are confirmed, and Green Day is not one of them. There were rumours that the boys would come and I was already so sure they would that I feel really bummed right now. I had really hoped they would play at least some big festivals in Europe next year.... :cry::cry::cry:

• Sad 1

17 minutes ago, Thatsername said:

So, the Rock am Ring festival just posted that all the headliners for 2018 are confirmed, and Green Day is not one of them. There were rumours that the boys would come and I was already so sure they would that I feel really bummed right now. I had really hoped they would play at least some big festivals in Europe next year.... :cry::cry::cry:

That's so sad, it could be a good idea to go there while ony my journey to Poland. Awh!

1 hour ago, Thatsername said:

I actually take it as good news if they don’t announce festival dates for next year because that tells me they plan on being in the studio at that time and don’t want the disruption.  I’d prefer a new album to a handful of live shows.

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

I actually take it as good news if they don’t announce festival dates for next year because that tells me they plan on being in the studio at that time and don’t want the disruption.  I’d prefer a new album to a handful of live shows.

Yeah I know it could be a good sign and I‘m so pumped for the new album too, but I was sure they would come because there were so many rumors about it, so I kind of already counted on it. I will get over it, but right now I’m just sad that my plans for the summer don’t work out like they were supposed to, lol. 

• Like 2

I asked my Facebook friends to share with me suggestions and pictures for my final school project to do. I need stuff related to the 1950s and the Statue of Liberty to create 2 fashion look. The only picture that I received as a suggestion was this one: 
5a0eba3c7b5f1.jpg

:lol: What am I supposed to do with it???

• Haha 4

I've just snorted with laughter when Mam said Dads going to Church on Sunday! It's funny when people say the name of a GD song without realising it! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, RedundantIdiot said:

I've just snorted with laughter when Mam said Dads going to Church on Sunday! It's funny when people say the name of a GD song without realising it! 

it happens a lot to me too :D

Also, I just found this http://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=39301, it's from 2010. To be honest I can't tell if it's a joke. Is Green Day threatening our youth? :D

Edited by Tomory
had more to say

4 hours ago, Tomory said:

Also, I just found this http://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=39301, it's from 2010. To be honest I can't tell if it's a joke. Is Green Day threatening our youth? :D

Damn, that’s a literal goldmine, pretty much self-parody to be honest, quite funny (mostly their collective ignorance) although a lot of it is also genuinely disturbing, like the guy talking about instituting mass ‘’record burnings’’. Damn...

It’s funny how the far right frequently likes to victimise itself (or rather portray itself as the victim) and claim the left is intolerant. I’m sorry, but I don’t know of many people who start burning cds and talking about satanic influences etc. Genuinely depressing, how this one guy outrageously claims Billie is a pedophile and rapist. I know this from a few years ago, but you guys in the deep red south almost elected a known, convicted pedophile you f***ing hypocrites! Damn, this makes me so angry! There’s simply no reasoning with these people...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, MillenniumFan said:

Damn, that’s a literal goldmine, pretty much self-parody to be honest, quite funny (mostly their collective ignorance) although a lot of it is also genuinely disturbing, like the guy talking about instituting mass ‘’record burnings’’. Damn...

It’s funny how the far right frequently likes to victimise itself (or rather portray itself as the victim) and claim the left is intolerant. I’m sorry, but I don’t know of many people who start burning cds and talking about satanic influences etc. Genuinely depressing, how this one guy outrageously claims Billie is a pedophile and rapist. I know this from a few years ago, but you guys in the deep red south almost elected a known, convicted pedophile you f***ing hypocrites! Damn, this makes me so angry! There’s simply no reasoning with these people...

I really did think they were joking, but the OP was a moderator... But really, out of all the "dark" bands that are out there, you choose GREEN DAY? Have you even heard of Gorgoroth? And by the way, the cd burning reminds me of Fahrenheit 451 - only you can't create a utopia without God's favorite band!

10 hours ago, MillenniumFan said:

9 hours ago, Tomory said:

I really did think they were joking, but the OP was a moderator... But really, out of all the "dark" bands that are out there, you choose GREEN DAY? Have you even heard of Gorgoroth? And by the way, the cd burning reminds me of Fahrenheit 451 - only you can't create a utopia without God's favorite band!

It's a joke, the whole site is satire. Although of course the disturbing thing is that it's close enough to some people's real views that it's hard to tell.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Tomory said:

:lol: OMG, this is hilarious. I think the band used this site as an inspiration for the God's Favorite Band artwork and the Church of Green Day :lol:

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Hermione said:

It's a joke, the whole site is satire. Although of course the disturbing thing is that it's close enough to some people's real views that it's hard to tell.

Oh phew!  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hermione said:

It's incredibly realistic then, damn... But like you said, views exactly like this exist. Not just approximately, but pretty much exactly as there, that's the scary thing...

I was watching the Brain Stew and Jaded videos this morning because I couldn't sleep :lol: and I noticed that in Jaded Billie used the same amp that he did in the Basket Case video, he didn't use the modded plexis that he used live at the time. I guess it makes sense because that was filmed at their practice space and the touring amps were probably packed away somewhere

No Pride came on right after Jinx on my shuffle today.  Never realized how similar those two sounded.  I started to check and make sure my iPod wasn't on repeat.

Hey, does anybody else love the backing vocals on 21st Century Breakdown? Great job Mike!

• Like 3

Backing vocals on Green Day songs are underrated anyway I think. The fact that he (and the others) can do such great backing vocals in the studio and then perform them perfectly live (where a lot of other, particularly pop punk / alternative rock bands fail) deserves some serious respect. Songs like Holiday, Boulevard Of Broken Dreams, Welcome To Paradise, Minority, J.A.R, Prosthetic Head etc. just wouldn’t sound the same without those backing vocals. That’s also why Green Day is one of the few bands that can pull off The Who’s complex harmonies when they cover their songs.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, MillenniumFan said:

Backing vocals on Green Day songs are underrated anyway I think. The fact that he (and the others) can do such great backing vocals in the studio and then perform them perfectly live (where a lot of other, particularly pop punk / alternative rock bands fail) deserves some serious respect. Songs like Holiday, Boulevard Of Broken Dreams, Welcome To Paradise, Minority, J.A.R, Prosthetic Head etc. just wouldn’t sound the same without those backing vocals. That’s also why Green Day is one of the few bands that can pull off The Who’s complex harmonies when they cover their songs.

Totally agree, I think their vocals are always good, particularly love it when Mike and Billie do their harmonies too.

Ironically I have noticed I like Green Day indoor concerts better than outdoor arenas because it's easier to move around and take a seat, take all the selfies you like until your phone burns out, and regardless of where your standing you don't experience ear drums imploding (When Youngblood played and you're in General Admission, the floor was vibrating like an earthquake from the sound when I saw them at their last show of the tour,) drinks won't be spilled to the face or floor if someone "bumped" into you, and finally, you just feel happier and safer! :D

Outdoor concerts are the same though more bad than good. Once the gates open, picture the stampede rush from the Lion King as everyone makes way to the front before the arena is filled. It's to see the Green Day spirit besides your health insurance. Mosh at your own endeavor (People sure can stage dive too so heads up,) it's rare to see seats so be ready and happy standing 3-4 hours, and the weather. It can super arctic cold outside yet after jumping around and getting all the hey-ohs out of your system, you realize at this point you might need an umbrella or coat in case of random climate change at any given second or in the middle of your favorite song before it's time to go home. ;)

In or out Green Day concerts are always a spectacular, energy-induced experience and I will go the next one. The best are the endings when the confetti blows everywhere. Those are my tips! :wub:

That will be all

23 hours ago, missmiley said:

Ironically I have noticed I like Green Day indoor concerts better than outdoor arenas [...] you just feel happier and safer! :D

It can also depend on the venue. My first GD concert in 2017 (and first concert ever) was indoor but I thought I was going to die. While the two following GD concerts were outdoor but as I was a bit experienced and therefore more confident, I felt a lot happier and safier! :D (though the crowd was absolutely crazy on the 2nd concert, but it was the best... snif)

I preferred my outdoor show to my indoor because I don’t risk the pit but I like to be as close as I can get in the seats. In the indoor area the pit was so big all the seats were far away. At the outdoor amphitheater the pit was small so we had seats just behind and were super close.

6 hours ago, pacejunkie punk said:

In the indoor area the pit was so big all the seats were far away.

That was also the case to my first show, and there were no screens at all (which I thought was a shame for that big venue of 20 000 seats, in Paris!), so I think many people in the back didn't see a thing... even though, I wasn't seeing much either, being 2nd row in the pit but my view constantly obstructed by some big dude in front of me... :cry: :lol:

I can hear Dad downstairs listening to Back in the USA! I think he must be watching the music video- I love it when I can hear Dad listening to some GD! 

I've not seen the Back in the USA video for a week or two- I feel like watching it now. 

• Like 1

• Hermione changed the title to Random Green Day Thoughts
  • Liam unpinned this topic