Tré Cool starts a new alliance with SJC custom drums.

Australian1diot

Tré Cool has posted a pic on instagram about his new alliance with SJC drums.

1479261_10152118709434521_2127453797_n.j

Sources: Green Day's Facebook, treleparc on Instagram.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, seriously, what does this actually mean? I guess we don't know yet. Maybe he'll use their drums for the next album?

Yeah, seriously, what does this actually mean? I guess we don't know yet. Maybe he'll use their drums for the next album?

For the next album and the coming gigs.. In the latest Albums he always changed the drumsets.. for American Idiot it was a Ludwig drum, 21st CB - Leedy, Uno Dos Tre - Gretsch and now its an SCJ.. before AI he used Slingerland drumsets where he also had his own model.

I could try to feign excitement over this because it sounds like a "FUCK YEAH" moment for Tre and people who follow drum brands, but really failing to see why I should actually care :lol: The only thing that would make an "alliance" with a drum company interesting to me would be if Tre did interviews or advertisements for it like Billie did with Gibson and Mike did with whoever. Otherwise this is totally meaningless to me, and I mean no disrespect.

I get the impression that they've made him a signature drumkit or something. Obviously Tre is endorsing them so maybe he will have to do interviews and that kind of thing, as well as continuing to use the gear.

I could try to feign excitement over this because it sounds like a "FUCK YEAH" moment for Tre and people who follow drum brands, but really failing to see why I should actually care :lol: The only thing that would make an "alliance" with a drum company interesting to me would be if Tre did interviews or advertisements for it like Billie did with Gibson and Mike did with whoever. Otherwise this is totally meaningless to me, and I mean no disrespect.

He did do avertisments for Leedy Drums I believe, but I agree he should do some for SJC

It would be foolish of me to attach significance to this and assume it means he will be using a SJC kit to record on a new album and/or half decent tour (not five or six Australian dates) hence no actual long break/hiatus but rather loads of GD action this year with his whole thing about "ready to rock" or whatever it was...I'm sure it was just Tre being Tre being excitable and I'll just get my slippers...

I think that's the same drums Joey uses, Joey got Billie a custom set for Christmas. Guess they're all Green Day'd up

It would be foolish of me to attach significance to this and assume it means he will be using a SJC kit to record on a new album and/or half decent tour (not five or six Australian dates) hence no actual long break/hiatus but rather loads of GD action this year with his whole thing about "ready to rock" or whatever it was...I'm sure it was just Tre being Tre being excitable and I'll just get my slippers...

Had the same thought process haha

Meanwhile this is cool for him, and the only thing I have to add is it that appears his drums will match his snazzy trousers.

• 3 weeks later...

I love his new kit =) i wonder if he's going to use this during the australian tour =)

I love his new kit =) i wonder if he's going to use this during the australian tour =)

i guess he will aye, i hope he does.

If you look a little closer at the kit he used in San Francisco, you'll see he's already made use of his signature kit.

eaf97884523711e3a40d122259a2a643_8.jpg

Archived