Why do people hate Uno, Dos, or Tre?

peppermint butler

Even so every song they make doesn't necessarily have to have a message or meaning. A lot of music is just fun and doesn't really have a deep meaning.

but it's a whole meaningless album (imo) instead of criticising our society they represent it. poor.

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There's stuff in my fridge that's older than ¡DOS!, and even that is healthier than this album.

msdos32box.jpg

Dos! is great. Sexy simple guitar rock and jamming. Everyone hates it because it wasn't what we expected for a Green Day album. I love Dos though. So dirty.

I hate it because it didn't live up to the FBHT2 that Green Day said it would be, it wasn't raw like they said it would be, and the songs didn't flow together like most Green Day albums do.

The reason is that is not as good as Uno and Tré, after a while it becomes boring, and very hard to stand, it's a great album but it's not one of their best

but it's a whole meaningless album (imo) instead of criticising our society they represent it. poor.

But does an album have to criticize society to have meaning? What about personal meaning? I'd say the stuff about the darker side of the partying, about feeling fucked up, having a mid life crisis, and most of all about the ultimate bad side of giving into excesses on Amy, is full of meaning. Even the more fun and sexy stuff too, that's a part of the human experience just like more serious things are and they're just as legitimate subjects to write about.

cuz it'z shit

I knew it was gonna be you ;)

I listen to dos the most from the trilogy - although tre is my favourite & I never listen to UNO anymore.

¡Dos! is my absolute favorite Trilogy album, ¡Uno! is shite, and ¡Tré! could be my favorite, if it didn't include The Forgotten.

¡Dos! is by far my favorite of the three. It's a super fun album, and I definitely thought it lived up to the hype of it being relatively raw compared to their other albums. ¡Uno! and ¡Tré! both have tracks that I ALWAYS skip, but I just love listening to ¡Dos! from start to finish.

Lazy Bones, however, did not live up to the hype. It's just meh.

Please don't kill me.

To me Dos is the best of the trilogy, followed by, and practically equaled by Tre. Uno is way too mild and boring for my tastes. but really, in reality i rarely even separate the three albums and consider all three to be one mega album. it's just easier that way and makes less messes, such as this thread.

Honestly Dos is my favorite album of the trilogy, miles ahead of the other two.

Most of Uno is sort of boring and generic, while to listen to Tre I have to be in a certain sort of calm mood (Aside from several songs). Dos is an album I frequently listen to, regardless of my mood.

I don't understand the hate for Ashley, though.

This is going to get closed.

No it isn't. Also writing that is never a helpful contribution, if a thread needs to be closed then a mod will always see that by looking at the title and clicking on it before they see your post.

It's actually my favorite Green Day album, and this is fucking stupid.

Lol. Anyone who disagrees with you must be stupid, right?

No it isn't. Also writing that is never a helpful contribution, if a thread needs to be closed then a mod will always see that by looking at the title and clicking on it before they see your post.

I wasn't doing it to aid the mods. I'm an #outlaw, dude.

Your Halloween costume was great btw. :wub:

Lol. Anyone who disagrees with you must be stupid, right?

No, but discussing "why everyone hates dos" is fucking stupid.

I don't think that everybody hate Dos and I don't understand why some people are surprised with the themes of Dos.
From the beginning we knew that this album has to do with midlife crisis, alcohol, drugs, fucking...Since these are the themes we can't ask for more.
Personally, I like the whole idea with the dark sense of humor, the desperation for danger and the self-destruction.

I don't hate it at all! :ermm:#StrayHeartLoverForever and from most of the songs in it... except for Nightlife, the thing I don't like, but that doesn't make me a hater of the record; I just skip it and done. I never thought I would do that to a GD song... but that's just one of the different things they did that I honestly can't enjoy.

I wasn't doing it to aid the mods. I'm an #outlaw, dude.

Your Halloween costume was great btw. :wub:

Ahh, well remember for the future that posts consisting of only that are considered spam, #outlaw or not :P

And thank you :D

No, but discussing "why everyone hates dos" is fucking stupid.

Really? I think it's generating some quite interesting discussion about the album.

Ahh, well remember for the future that posts consisting of only that are considered spam, #outlaw or not :P

Only of what?

I, personally, don't hate or love Dos, I'm somewhere in the middle. It has a few good songs but yet it has songs that I really don't like. I remember thinking when I was first listening to the album that you really have to like FBHT to like most of the songs on Dos.

Archived