First Green Day Song?

Antonium2200

I'm sure there's already a thread like this somewhere, deep inside the evil bowels of GDC.

Anyhow. A simple thread. What was the first Green Day song you've ever listened to and when, where, and how were you listening to it?

My first was "Wake Me Up When September Ends." I heard it on the radio on a rainy day in a Texas Roadhouse parking lot. Soon after, my dad introduced me to the rest of American Idiot, and then I started getting into Dookie, Insomniac, and Nimrod. That's when I became a Green Day fan.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This should go in Green Day chat. And I'm pretty sure there's already a thread for this somewhere.

Basket Case on Kerrang, must have been around 2002. I hated it! Took me another year or so to actually like it at all, I thought the video was weird and the song was terrible. Hey, I was 11, what did I know?

I remember hearing Good Riddance and Brain Stew on the radio when I was little and liking it a lot. My mom gave me a copy of dookie, blink-182's self titled album and a CD player when I was like, four and just let me have at it.

boulevard of broken dreams,

a guy at my musicclass played the bass line with a background cd,totally fell in love with billies voice and the whole sound, started to listen to green day on youtube the whole day and buying the cds

it was in 6th or 7th grade,

so 2 or 3 years ago

Fat Lip

Ceadog! What happened to Miley? And how did you change your name again? I thought it was once a year.

For me, it was Holiday. I quickly put it on my 2nd generation iPod nano, and played many many times. Since U2 was my favorite band back then, I also discovered The Saints are coming early on. After this short stint of GD getting my attention, I was indifferent to the band until I went back and listened to AI in full, discovering how awesome the non-singles are.

Fat Lip

Enema of the State is a classic album, indeed.

I think mine was Basket Case or When I Come Around. Can't remember, I was like, four when I learned about Green Day

i think it was whatever they played on top of the pops in 2005 or 6. i wanna say american idiot, but google is telling me that my first green day song was probably jesus of suburbia.

i think it was whatever they played on top of the pops in 2005 or 6. i wanna say american idiot, but google is telling me that my first green day song was probably jesus of suburbia.

Was that when they did that mini gig in the car park, and when they stopped for the audience to sing "don't believe in me" there was just deathly silence? :lol:

Was that when they did that mini gig in the car park, and when they stopped for the audience to sing "don't believe in me" there was just deathly silence? :lol:

i honestly can't remember haha. google says there was a green day special in november '05, and i remember that it was late in the year and i was looking after my baby sister, so it must have been that one i saw. it was just on as background music while i played with my sister and it had an effect on me i guess.. /tangent

that's hilarious though, might go look for it on youtube

i honestly can't remember haha. google says there was a green day special in november '05, and i remember that it was late in the year and i was looking after my baby sister, so it must have been that one i saw. it was just on as background music while i played with my sister and it had an effect on me i guess.. /tangent

that's hilarious though, might go look for it on youtube

Yeah, they played like half an hour or something. It was kind of cringeworthy, Green Day in a rainy car park in West London, with about 30 people there who had probably never heard of them... Oh dear.

Classic Green Day moment:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AzTZSbowTGc

Yeah, they played like half an hour or something. It was kind of cringeworthy, Green Day in a rainy car park in West London, with about 30 people there who had probably never heard of them... Oh dear.

that's the one, yeah! that silence is so embarrassing oh my god. i just remember turning round halfway through and being like, 'welp, found my new religion' aged nine hahaha

that's the one, yeah! that silence is so embarrassing oh my god. i just remember turning round halfway through and being like, 'welp, found my new religion' aged nine hahaha

Here's the full thing. (Youtube self-promotion ftw :P)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNjVejnSwao&feature=c4-overview&list=UUM4wFqXb0YXYbSK-FvdQ8BQ

First GD song I heard actually wasn't solely Green Day—it was "Boulevard of Broken Songs". I discovered it in this trailer for a Star Wars fan film.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V42Hl-IlP9w

I'm not sure which one was the first before getting into them, because my dad had Dookie so I probably heard all of those and some AI songs at a friend's house, she used to be a huge fan when they were trendy (2005). But what got me into them? Working Class Hero. Yup.

Archived