Billie Joe Armstrong & Norah Jones unveil Duets LP of Everly Brothers covers

• Replies 886
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It was Billie Joes idea and Give Me Novocaine is a song Billie Joe wrote. I bet he just asked should I include Novocaine and she just said yes.

I used to have a narcissistic boss who used to take credit for my work - even if she did the absolute minimum. She used to take credit for everyting I did, steal my ideas and the last straw was when she plagarised a Protocol for filing that she asked me to write. It was Billies Joes idea, he met and profomed with her before and probably remembered her. adrienne did nothing more accept suggest the obvious and of course she is getting and accepting (on her twitter) credit for Billie Joes idea and project. I see bright Rage Red when I see it happening to someone else. All she does is state the obvious and everyone congradulates her in doing so and is given credit and she has accept credit of this project via her twitter. It is an absolutey out of order doing that to someone especially someone you love. It was Billie Joes idea. I have no idea why people are not seeing what is happening.

You're STILL here, spewing the same shit?

It was Billie Joes idea and Give Me Novocaine is a song Billie Joe wrote. I bet he just asked should I include Novocaine and she just said yes.

I used to have a narcissistic boss who used to take credit for my work - even if she did the absolute minimum. She used to take credit for everyting I did, steal my ideas and the last straw was when she plagarised a Protocol for filing that she asked me to write. It was Billies Joes idea, he met and profomed with her before and probably remembered her. adrienne did nothing more accept suggest the obvious and of course she is getting and accepting (on her twitter) credit for Billie Joes idea and project. I see bright Rage Red when I see it happening to someone else. All she does is state the obvious and everyone congradulates her in doing so and is given credit and she has accept credit of this project via her twitter. It is an absolutey out of order doing that to someone especially someone you love. It was Billie Joes idea. I have no idea why people are not seeing what is happening.

Seriously? Haha. Oh man, this is...I don't even know. Becky said "thank you for suggesting" it and "thank you BJ for making the call." Becky clearly differentiated the idea of giving the "credit" to the idea of suggesting Norah Jones, which Billie Joe clearly says she did in the interview. Adrienne didn't "take credit" for it but merely acknowledged the tweet and with four hearts.

Don't read so much into those hearts! She's not taking credit for anything but acknowledging Becky's thanks. Nothing more, nothing less.

Shut the fuck up. I think someone just asked if Green Day was awake over on GSB. You might want to check it out.

Even if I don't end up liking the album I still like that Billie is open minded and always wants to try new things. I feel like it will help some of his fans open their minds to different music that maybe they wouldn't have bothered with before. His willingness to try new things and keep an open mind is one the reasons why I respect Billie so much.

when he was talking in this interview about the harmonies with Mike in the early days, it reminds me of this

It was Billie Joes' idea.

"It all started with Stevie Wonder. [laughter] We sang together with Stevie Wonder and his band and a whole bunch of people, that’s how Norah and I first met. Then … well, I got into the Everly Brothers’ record a couple years ago and I thought it was just beautiful. I was listening to it every morning for a while off and on. I thought it would be cool to remake the record because I thought it was sort of an obscure thing and more people should know about it, but I really wanted to do it with a woman singing because I thought it would take on a different meaning — maybe broaden the meaning a little bit — as compared to hearing the songs being sung by the two brothers. And so my wife said, “Why don’t you get Norah Jones to do it?” and I was like, “Well, I kinda know her.” Well, I mean, we had Stevie Wonder in common. And so I called her and she said yes. So it was kinda like a … well, I keep saying it was kinda like a blind date

You're all wrong, it was Tré's idea. He snuck into Billie and Adi's room every night and whispered the idea to them until it got stuck in their heads. While Billie was off working with Norah, it gave Mike, Tré and Jeff Matika a chance to record their own album of Sum 41 covers.

Everyone forgot about Jason. He passed the time by doing his taxes and playing chess with himself.

"It all started with Stevie Wonder. [laughter] We sang together with Stevie Wonder and his band and a whole bunch of people, that’s how Norah and I first met. Then … well, I got into the Everly Brothers’ record a couple years ago and I thought it was just beautiful. I was listening to it every morning for a while off and on. I thought it would be cool to remake the record because I thought it was sort of an obscure thing and more people should know about it, but I really wanted to do it with a woman singing because I thought it would take on a different meaning — maybe broaden the meaning a little bit — as compared to hearing the songs being sung by the two brothers. And so my wife said, “Why don’t you get Norah Jones to do it?” and I was like, “Well, I kinda know her.” Well, I mean, we had Stevie Wonder in common. And so I called her and she said yes. So it was kinda like a … well, I keep saying it was kinda like a blind date

Thank you for letting us know. Very useful.

You're all wrong, it was Tré's idea. He snuck into Billie and Adi's room every night and whispered the idea to them until it got stuck in their heads. While Billie was off working with Norah, it gave Mike, Tré and Jeff Matika a chance to record their own album of Sum 41 covers.

Everyone forgot about Jason. He passed the time by doing his taxes and playing chess with himself.

Omg I missed your posts. Should be online more often.

What? I don't understand how you're misinterpreting this. The collaboration was Billie's idea. The suggestion to involve Norah Jones came from Adrienne. He says that himself, it's right there in black and white.

Thank you for letting us know. Very useful.

Omg I missed your posts. Should be online more often.

He was offline because he was logged in as Beezey...

1. lrn2read

2. Stop. This is not a thread about how Adrienne "takes credit for Billie Joe's ideas". If you want to have a discussion about that, create a new thread so we can all laugh at you, insult you and humiliate you there until you shut the fuck up or get the fuck out. If you've got some kind of personal issue with Adrienne, fine. Keep it to yourself. This site does not exist to slag members of the band or their families, least of all over stupid bullshit like what you keep pulling out of your asshole.

He was offline because he was logged in as Beezey...

Genius.

By offline I meant myself, but still.

:P

Whatever you all say. It was billies idea. He met her at an awards cermony. She was proably there with him. It was an obvious choice. It was biliie Joes idea. You are the ones who keep on harping on about it. IT WAS BILLIE JOES' IDEA.

Whatever you all say. It was billies idea. He met her at an awards cermony. She was proably there with him. It was an obvious choice. It was biliie Joes idea. You are the ones who keep on harping on about it. IT WAS BILLIE JOES' IDEA.

Last warning. You're dragging this topic hopelessly off of what it was created to discuss because...because why? If you want to talk about Adrienne, create a topic about her. If you don't shut the fuck up about it here, you'll get an all-expenses-paid trip to another website.

Everyone else, move on.

This country album, The Network, Broadway...what's next, baby? I love this man. :wub:

Bleh, not what I wanted. Hopefully this is a one time thing and is meaningless in the future.

Nope. BJ will leave Green Day and he will be recording albums with Norah since Addie says enough. I read that between lines in the interview, y'know?

It's just a joke, ok? Don't hate me.

:lol:

I really like the sound of Long Time Gone. It shows off Billie's incredible vocal range. I think Foreverly (get the pun in the name? :lol:) is going to be pretty good.

I could also see Billie and Norah performing one of the songs from this at one of the upcoming award shows.

I just had a chance to listen to it.

safe to say I'll be preordering the album.

SERIOUSLY omfg Billie, this song just displays you're amazing range, talent and vocal skills so well. such an amazing man & musician. beautiful, seriously excited for this.

Seems interesting, even though I haven't listen to Norah Jones like ever.. but since there's Billie in It I'll probably give it a shot.

I am not whoever the Troll you are talking about - like everyone on the thread I am just stating a point of view I am not trying to intentionally provoke anyone. A few people are saying that they are unsure of the project. I am saying that Billie Joe should get credit as it was his idea and his idea to have a female vocalist, he seemed remember Norah from a previous encounter and he performed with her at an awards cermony. Its seems obvious. Why cannot it be stated that it was Bilies idea - her contribution is miniminal. I am not slagging anyone off all I have said here is that it is billies idea and its was his idea to work with a female vocalistsand he met and preformed with her previously and she is a well-known aritst who is famous for writing folkl/country/jazz and pop. Some people are bashing the project why arent you attacking them?

I was just defending myself from usernames constant attacking me and flaming by your moderators. I have not been at all abusive to any or anyone else, Green Day or their partners.

Archived