Going behind the scenes of 'Broadway Idiot' with director Doug Hamilton

The Grohl

:blush: I don't want to toot my own horn or anything, but I thought I would share this link:

http://www.examiner.com/article/going-behind-the-scenes-of-broadway-idiot-with-director-doug-hamilton?CID=examiner_alerts_article

It's an interview I did with Doug Hamilton the director of Broadway Idiot. He shared some cool insight to the production and Billie Joe on the Broadway stage.

This is too cool not to have its own thread

Great interview! Makes me quite intrigued to see the film, sounds like it's going to be really interesting.

This is too cool not to have it's own thread

Great interview! Makes me quite intrigued to see the film, sounds like its going to be really interesting.

Thanks :shy: I wanted to see the film anyway, but after the interview I was more excited to see it :lol:

I'm so dumb...I just realized I was posting in the thread for the article! :lol: I didn't notice that >.< It's been a long day...

• 4 months later...

Very Good article! It provided a great inside look from a perspective I haven't really seen as much of. Thanks for sharing!

found a video from October, just posted, with Doug talking about

the movie and a little bit about Billie Joe filming Like Sunday Like Rain

found a video from October, just posted, with Doug talking about

the movie and a little bit about Billie Joe filming Like Sunday Like Rain

From October? Why are we just seeing this?

Ditto :lol:

How was it working with Billie Joe Armstrong and the rest of the cast?
DH:
It was amazing. Billie Joe surprised me with just how open and generous he was. There was no rock star stuff. He was really present and he was there as an artist with no attitude. He wanted to work with this group of people and was around all the time because the cast became his friends. He really got pulled into the world of theater because he was isolated with these people to get this work done. The film gives a sense of what it's like on the inside. We were in that room; you're with the actors. You're not watching some expert talk about trends in Broadway. This wasn't a vanity project, but rather this huge meaningful thing for Billie Joe.

I really fucking love that. :wub: Everyone makes Billie sound like such a sweet kind-hearted person.

I really fucking love that. :wub: Everyone makes Billie sound like such a sweet kind-hearted person.

I know! When he said I was thinking Oh good. Billie is just as kind and sweet I always imagined he would be :D

I know! When he said I was thinking Oh good. Billie is just as kind and sweet I always imagined he would be :D

This makes me want to meet the man even more.

I just really want to meet Billie Joe to tell him how much I respect him as a person....okay and to give him a hug :happy:

the interview was done in October, it wasn't published on you tube til March

the interview was done in October, it wasn't published on you tube til March

Oh! I thought we all were just really behind.

I thought the vid was from October too lol...wooops

Archived