YouTuber does acoustic cover of Basket Case

~ Walking Contradiction

Not exactly news, but Tomi Paldanius (he's quite famous on YouTube) did an acoustic cover of Basket Case :D it's awesome

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If I was wearing pants right now, I'd have just ruined them. Fucking hell.

if

This sounds awesome! When I saw the thread title, I thought '...so what?' as there are countless covers out there, but then I heard it and it's definitely something special :happy:

i cant stand it i mean he seems to be a good guitarist but personally i really dislike it..

For me that cover of the song is too soft, in the beginning it reminded me of some 80iespopshit, I can't stand. Urgh...

It was technically well done, but was a totally different song. I really didn't enjoy it, and it's nothing special at all. There are dozens of acoustic CDs that cover songs and follow the vocal melody like this on acoustic. While difficult to play, not all that creative or entertaining in the least bit. I would have really enjoyed it much more if he had done some singing alongside it. It just felt like some random $5 bin acoustic CD you'd find at Walmart with tons of christian tracks covered alongside it.

Eh, I guess that may have been harsh, but it's tough to be impressed by a cover, and this one isn't doing it.

He did the song justice. And it wasn't some cheesy acoustic cover as well. Nicely done.

I like how he actually played the instrumental parts after the bridge and after the last chorus just all the way without adding too much. It's in those small, powerful instrumentals where you can actually identify the Green Day sound. Of course, it wouldn't be complete without Mike and Tre giving it that extra hook but some people out there just can't stand adding SHIT into the best parts of songs. This guy was alright. Thanks for sharing!

Archived