Trilogy and american idiot connections

peppermint butler

I found some songs from the trilogy that connect to american idiot. Green day american idiot and trilogy tie ins.

¡UNO!

Stay the night- JOS meeting whatsername

Fell for you- JOS falling for whatsername

Let yourself go- jimmy telling JOS to relieve himself

Carpe diem- JOS deciding to run away

¡DOS!

See you tonight.- a voice mail for whatsername

F*** time- a horny JOS telling whatsername what time it is.

Lazy bones- JOS having a massive hangover

Make out party- JOS partying

Stray heart- JOS trying to mend his and whatsernames relationship

Amy- a song for whatsername

¡TRE!

X-kid- a telling of st Jimmy's suicide

The forgotten- looking back at whatsername.

What do you think???

Just FYI this thread was a joke. Just wanted to see some reactions.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You could literally pick out any song and explain it in such a way it relates to American Idiot. Sometimes it's best to just view different projects as...different projects.

I think there's no connection.

But I really really like the way you think!

It's very creative and makes sense in some way.

I think in general loads of GD songs can be compared. Kerplunk and Slappy Hours have the same song over and over again. "Oh, there is this girl I love, but she doesn't love me. Oh well".

Being angry at someone like in Chump, Platypus, Jackass and Take back.

Being bored in Sassafras Roots and Longview.

Being sad that it's over in Whatsername and Pulling Teeth.

Being frustrated at noise and useless media coverage in Kill the DJ and Static Noise.

The list goes on.

No. if you think about it hard enough, you could relate Dookie to American Idiot. you can relate anything to anything if you try hard enough, but it doesn't mean their connected. Similar? Sure. Connected? Hell no.

You're trying too hard to see these connections, you didn't "see" these connections, you made them up :P (Especially the horny JOS one, oh god)

I think in general loads of GD songs can be compared. Kerplunk and Slappy Hours have the same song over and over again. "Oh, there is this girl I love, but she doesn't love me. Oh well".Being angry at someone like in Chump, Platypus, Jackass and Take back.Being bored in Sassafras Roots and Longview.Being sad that it's over in Whatsername and Pulling Teeth.Being frustrated at noise and useless media coverage in Kill the DJ and Static Noise.The list goes on.

I don't see Jackass as an angry song like Platypus, and I don't see chump as angry either. Both of those are more mellow "you're a pain in the butt, so I'm just gonna stay away from you" while Platypus is "I hate you I hope you die"

I don't see any "connections" per se but I think when he says "hey isn't that old whatshisface?" in Loss Of Control it's obviously a reference. I try to find more stuff like that in the trilogy cause for some reason I feel like they're there but I can't think of any at the moment

Can we argue that Dookie's "All By Myself" is a song about J.O.S. thinking about Whatsername while all alone? :eyebrows:

I don't see Jackass as an angry song like Platypus, and I don't see chump as angry either. Both of those are more mellow "you're a pain in the butt, so I'm just gonna stay away from you" while Platypus is "I hate you I hope you die"

it's still a "fuck you" to whoever it was aimed at

The only possible connection I ever saw was the "whatsisface" thing on "Loss of Control," I thought that might be a sort of final resolution to the Whatsername thing in AI. Otherwise, there's absolutely nothing. None of the rage and love/St. Jimmy/Whatsername/JOS stuff. You can imagine it all you like but the fact is, it's pretty intentionally not there.

I agree. The only thing I've ever felt was similar to American Idiot was some of the sounds (i.e. Lazy Bones drums sound similar to Give Me Novacaine drums).

I'm pretty sure this wasn't their intent with these songs, but it's cool to make connections like that sometimes. Like everyone's been saying, you can take any non AI Green Day song and sort of insert it into the story.

If the OP is correct, then Whatsername must be Amy Winehouse.

I thought this comment was funny at first, but then I realised it's kind of sad. If Whatsername is Amy, then JOS will spend forever wondering if she's happy and married... but she actually passed away. :(

Archived