And the best Green Day Guitar Solo is....

Fuzz

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So happy that this song won! I love Slappy and especially that song :happy::bunny::dance:

I'm happy that Dry Ice won! I love all the solos of 39/Smooth :dance:

Ummm...not sure how to say this, but....

As much as I prefer other solos, I knew Dry Ice would win. All over the forum, for years, people have said it has the most amazing and wonderful solo. I personally never listen to the song (I always skip it on the album) so perhaps this will sway me into finally giving it a good listen!

Do people just keep slagging off Let yourself go because they don't like song and are to stupid to grasp that this was a poll based on purely on the solo part of a song? It's a great solo just like the majority of ones found on 1039 and the trilogy...

Do people just keep slagging off Let yourself go because they don't like song and are to stupid to grasp that this was a poll based on purely on the solo part of a song? It's a great solo just like the majority of ones found on 1039 and the trilogy...

I dunno, I think people like that song a lot. I agree that the solo is great but it's still strange to see all the way in second place just because there's so many more famous/memorable ones, you'd expect one that's more widely known as one of their best solos to be there.

I also think there's better ones on the Trilogy, like if you did a straight poll of favourite Trilogy solos there's no way it'd win. Maybe it's because it was done in heats, with that system you can see some surprising songs staying and going just because of which songs they happened to be pitted against. For example if Let Yourself Go had been against DRB or Fuck Time at any point I don't think there's any way it would've stayed in. Like I said it is a great solo though so I'm totally cool with the result.

People have different tastes. Apparently they like the complexity of it and all that stuff. However if I'm at a concert or even if I have headphones on, I'm always excited to listen to the Let Yourself Go solo because of the energy and excitement from it.

Archived