Reasons why we love Green Day

SeeYouTonight

Whether it's because you love billie joe's puffy hair (I know I do) or whether they helped arise the inner rebel or its because your mom liked them first (I doubt so), all of us have a reason to love the guys and the band and everything they have become. I feel that there are different reasons, and I thought you might like to share some of the reasons why you love them

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm gonna be sincere and soppy for once. Because they made GDC possible.

this is a once off and will never happen again

:P

That was so deep and awesome! :-)

They saved my life. I was suicidal and depressed and their music saved me. I'm still extremely depressed but Green Day keeps me alive.

Because they inspired me to stick with music, and to keep going even when life gets hard.

Because they make better music than anyone else out there. I'm a hetero male, so I wasn't drawn to any of them by looks. When I have had depression, which has come scarcely, personally I didn't get drawn anymore to them because I felt like shit. Do they make me feel better if I had a bad day? Sure, but feeling better had nothing to do with liking them. It's simply because Billie is probably the best singer of this musical generation, Tre is one of the best drummers of all time, and Dirnt is perhaps the bassist EVER. The moment I heard American Idiot I fell in love with their music, and have branched out to love all their older stuff and newer stuff because there's nothing that sounds better. I think they're one of the best bands in history and certainly the best since the late 80's.

because i like their music and i've met the most amazing people thanks to them.

Because their good music applies perfectly to any mood or situation that occurs in my life. Sad, Happy. Bored, Excited. Hopeless, Hopeful.

because i've met the most incredible people thanks to them and they've also opened my eyes to a whole new world of music i'm sure i would have never discovered.

also, cause they're one of the best bands i have ever seen live.

Because I am constantly amazed that I like every single one of their songs. How many bands can you say that about? So many times I buy an album and end up only liking three or four songs off it. I'm sure it's because they are not afraid to try different sounds and write music for themselves and don't follow trends. And Billie Joe is the best and most prolific songwriter of all time.

I used to have this idea in my head that hopefully won't be too hard to explain. I would tell people I loved them because they had music for every mood and emotion. If you wanted to feel angry there was FOD, Platypus, Take Back etc. If you wanted to dance there are so many upbeat, melodic songs and I believe this pattern continues for just about every human emotion there is.

Tré's bra.

Seriously, they are my only hope during some moments so, yeah, basically it is.

Before listening to them, I was kinda a wimp... Never stood up for myslef and was really shy.
But listening to them and watching them live.. It opened up a whole new person inside of me... that's why :)

Their ironic distance to everything they sing about, and their unique chemistry that I have yet to see in any other band. And of course their tight live shows, which are getting sloppy on this tour!

Oh Green Day, how I love thee... Let me count the ways.

1. When I was a little kid, I wasn't the slightest bit interested in music, and only listened to whatever my parents listened to. Then Dookie came out, and changed everything.

2. In 2005 I went to go see them perform in Pittsburgh, which is about 5 hours away. I went with a boy that I was friends with but didn't know that well, and for the entire 5 hour ride home after the show, we talked. It was quite seriously the best, deepest, most sincere conversation I've ever had in my life. And now we're married (and maybe it's weird, but part of me thanks Green Day for that) :wub:

Now, for the less sappy reasons...

1. They're awesome haha.

2. They are seriously the best live band EVER and I never get tired of seeing them perform

3. They aren't afraid to be themselves and take risks with their music

4. They seem to truly appreciate their fans

5. The music! Duh!

I could go on and on, but that's pretty much it for now.

They introduced me to rock and roll and punk and music in general and while i dont listen to them as much as i used to, Dookie is still my all time favorite record and me and my band especially takes a lot of influence from use. A lot of people in my town say we are a lot like a version of green day mixed with the kinks and the ramones

Because Billie Joe is an absolute Angel, that man made me love the band so much more and find a sort of hectic "peace" amongst my chaos.

American Idiot was the first album I got really obsessive over and felt like I could escape by immersing myself in it. Then I listened to all their other stuff and never looked back :)

Green Day songs do something to me that other artist's music just doesn't. It's addictive. As I get older I'm connecting with more and more of the songs so it's not fading away for me.

Archived