Green Day performing at O2 Academy Brixton August 21

InsideOut

I'm leaving this topic to "only the few lucky people"

This has nothing to do with luck. The pre-sale was open for hours. Either you can afford it (and have the opportunity) or you don't. That's how things work.

Distance has nothing to do with it, i'm flying in from Norway.

i'm camping with Ceadog, Letterbomb92 & her friend and probably Dirty Rotten Bastard, too! :) plus others who are turning up early in the morning. we'll be curled up in a small ball at the front of the queue regretting every decision we made that led to us camping out.. again :P

I'm camping too! ;)

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i'm camping with Ceadog, Letterbomb92 & her friend and probably Dirty Rotten Bastard, too! :) plus others who are turning up early in the morning. we'll be curled up in a small ball at the front of the queue regretting every decision we made that led to us camping out.. again :P

was that really necessary? :shy: no one said you had to leave, just stop throwing a piddly fit over things that in reality, aren't that big a deal. they'll go to Italy on their next tour, you can see them then.

Wicked cant wait now wanna meet everyone :D

This has nothing to do with luck. The pre-sale was open for hours. Either you can afford it (and have the opportunity) or you don't. That's how things work.

Distance has nothing to do with it, i'm flying in from Norway.

I'm camping too! ;)

see, exactly this. people are coming in from all over, it's nothing to do with distance. it's a case of if you have money or not which has nothing to do with luck, either. that's down to your job or your parents.

YAY hopefully i'll see you there! we may be wearing the same shirt, too :P also pizza. lots of pizza. :ninja:

Wicked cant wait now wanna meet everyone :D

it's gunna be awesome :D

plus, they have done similar stuff in other countries, too. it's not just England that gets this. other places have to, to my knowledge. the demand for these kinds of shows is here, majorly, where-as it may not be as prominent in other countries. thats why they come here and do these shows.

Yeah, I mean I feel very lucky that they've played more small shows here than in most other countries, and I hope they play more small shows in more different countries in future so that more people can see them. But it'd just be unrealistic and chaotic to try and make a small secret show international by announcing it really far in advance, if they want to play small shows they have to limit the numbers somehow. Plus they usually plan them really late too so probably most of the time they don't even know about it that far in advance.

^

Applause. Norway how cool.

Btw its sold out and I dont fucking care anything now

Sorry.

Yeah, I mean I feel very lucky that they've played more small shows here than in most other countries, and I hope they play more small shows in more different countries in future so that more people can see them. But it'd just be unrealistic and chaotic to try and make a small secret show international by announcing it really far in advance. Plus they usually plan them really late too so probably most of the time they don't even know about it that far in advance.

yeah definitely. the idea of small shows & making them last minute is for an intimate atmosphere, a less chaotic experience for all & no months & months of trying to get tickets, it's a case of "do you have money right here, right now?" yes? great, of you go. no? shame, maybe next time. it's a much simpler experience. yeah, it's stressful as we can see from this thread alone but i've found it so much nicer.

also is she really still bitching i don't get it why is she bothering? :ermm:

Its still not sunk in That were gonna See Green day in BRIXTON !!!!! ONE WEEK TODAY !!!! HOLY FWARKKKK !!

Stop trying to start mass discussions on fairness of gigs. Sorry you can't go go but we will put pics etc up for you after the show!

On a side note...Italy had a secret show this tour + numerous others as part of the main tour (3 was it?)

Stop trying to start mass discussions on fairness of gigs. Sorry you can't go go but we will put pics etc up for you after the show!

On a side note...Italy had a secret show this tour + numerous others as part of the main tour (3 was it?)

hahaha yeah! we had one show this year, that's it :lol: we deserve this show for fuck sake. Reading & Leeds are gunna be awesome but shit, it's a festival, we have to suffer through how much time with other shittier bands risking dehydration & passing out to get a chance to stay at barrier for GD?

see, exactly this. people are coming in from all over, it's nothing to do with distance. it's a case of if you have money or not which has nothing to do with luck, either. that's down to your job or your parents.

YAY hopefully i'll see you there! we may be wearing the same shirt, too :P also pizza. lots of pizza. :ninja:

it's gunna be awesome :D

Ahh yes! I can't wait :D Damn i have so much planning to do.

Ahh yes! I can't wait :D Damn i have so much planning to do.

good luck with it all! i spent months planning for Emirates for everything to go to shit thanks to the idiotic entrance system. we were let in 5 minutes after every other entrance, wankers. but yeah, i've got pretty much everything sorted except my sign & a sleeping bag for the camp out. :)

Who fucking know about the secret show?

4 dates. I lost 3 you happy

you happy

very. I'm going to Brixton :lol:

oh, and here's my obligatory comment about how i hope they play drb at this show :runaround:

Me too!!!! This one has to be the one, surely Billies had time to 'ask' tre and mike after the jeff matika show haha

good luck with it all! i spent months planning for Emirates for everything to go to shit thanks to the idiotic entrance system. we were let in 5 minutes after every other entrance, wankers. but yeah, i've got pretty much everything sorted except my sign & a sleeping bag for the camp out. :)

Thanks! :happy: Yeah Sven told me about that. I'm sure it'll go much better this time!

Let's not be nasty to each other please. Some people happen to be able to go and some people don't, there's no reason for anyone to bitch at each other over it.

also is she really still bitching i don't get it why is she bothering? :ermm:

Well I have to say it's alright to feel disappointed if you want to go to something and can't, it's easy for people who are going to be more rational about it.

Who fucking know about the secret show?
4 dates. I lost 3 you happy

Hey look it's OK to feel annoyed that you're not going, I think all most of us are trying to do is explain why the situation is the way it is. I think everyone's said everything that needs to be said about it now.

yeah i get feeling annoyed/upset over it but posting repetitive posts over it while others are trying to be excited over it does no one any favours :lol: i just don't get why people need to be so miserable over it. i get it sucks, i've missed many GD shows because of money so i know how it feels but goddamn.

I'm especially laughing at all the people from the UK who are complaining about it. You guys have no idea how good you have it, seriously.

This gets me every single time. Sure if you really can't because of other commitments then yeah it sucks, but if you have the time/money to get hold of then there's nothing stopping you. We are extremely lucky with the amount of public transport that runs cheap around the country

No disrespect, but Italy had probably the most last minute secret show of this tour when Green Day opened for Prima Donna.

Italy also got 4 shows on this tour to make up for previous times. I can see how this may be frustrating, but we can't all have everything.

There hasn't been a single Irish date this year, and still none announced. Italy got 4 big shows and a secret show. So kindly fuck off.

Is there going to be a reprise of the Pizza Family? I may need to unspoiler my Pizza Stalker banner :P

mate, we've already planned it out. we're getting pizza, much earlier & we're gunna not make fun of them over the phone :lol:

Is there going to be a reappearance of the Pizza Family? I may need to unspoiler my Pizza Stalker banner :P

I call it

Return of: The Pizza Family

psh it was HILARIOUS. even if we didn't get pizza, it was a good story alright :P

It's one for the books.

I call it

Return of: The Pizza Family

It's one for the books.

i plan to make it into Kerrang! this time alright you can feck off

i plan to make it into Kerrang! this time alright you can feck off

Psh you can have it I never even wanted to be in Kerrang! I hate it :lol:

if this turns into another pizza party thread I'm setting up a huge PM for you all instead, cause that shit was ridiculous and unnecessary spam, and I'm PRO spam.

Archived