Random Green Day News

Hermione

pretty sure Billie is going to play tonight.

according to some tweets,he is at the Viper Room now where Jesse Malin is going to play. Jesse posted on IG about #specialguests and the viper room twitter page just posted this:

@theVIPERroom

"#nimrod

Dookie.

Look I don't know how many more hints I gotta give u guys on what's about to happen. Get here NOW"

Someone replied : "Green Day?"

and The Viper Room : "can neither deny our confirm ;)"

Geek Stink Breath, 2000 Light Years Away, Walking Contradiction, and Nice Guys Finish Last should not be on that list. Have they ever heard of Boulevard of Broken Dreams, Holiday, or Longview?

This is not new, but it has a meaning to me. Around 3:00 Jerry Only says he thinks Green Day is a great band, along with Rancid, and also around 6:30 he's naming them one of the biggest bands in the world :happy:

• Like 2

Green Day on the next kerrang issue:

K1531_billie_joe.jpg

"Lost year"? :lol: Are they talking about the rehab break or really making a drama out of what all bands do after each album...?

"Lost year"? :lol: Are they talking about the rehab break or really making a drama out of what all bands do after each album...?

Either way pretty sure there hasn't been a "lost year", he was doing rehab less time than that and they played shows and released Demolicious this spring, not to mention all his other projects. Very dramatic :lol:

It's basically just how Billie hasn't really took a break over the last year more so done other projects. So 'lost year' isn't even relevant!

Did you guys actually expect Kerrang to publish anything new/relevant? The last thing they did that was original was probably publishing the rehab letters for Billie two years ago.

*sigh* Somebody get the Kerrang people a world map and a calender. Yes, it is a year since Green Day played in England but guess what...there are other countries too *gasp*. Also (Kerrang folk may need to sit down for this part) there are TWELVE months in a year not six. Six months ago Green Day were in a place called Australia where they played gigs (still with me Kerrang?). So maybe they should change their little attention grabbing headline to "lost five or six months depending on if we decide to recognise Foxboro Hottubs as a band in their own right for a change" (which of course is even more amusing as Kerrang themselves wrote about GD taking a break in March...). Kerrang being pathetic as usual.

• Like 2

Did you guys actually expect Kerrang to publish anything new/relevant? The last thing they did that was original was probably publishing the rehab letters for Billie two years ago.

What Rehab letters?

What Rehab letters?

The letters they requested fans send in in support of Billie during his rehab. I remember seeing a few published - don't actually know many they received and/or published though.
  • Like 1

*sigh* Somebody get the Kerrang people a world map and a calender. Yes, it is a year since Green Day played in England but guess what...there are other countries too *gasp*. Also (Kerrang folk may need to sit down for this part) there are TWELVE months in a year not six. Six months ago Green Day were in a place called Australia where they played gigs (still with me Kerrang?). So maybe they should change their little attention grabbing headline to "lost five or six months depending on if we decide to recognise Foxboro Hottubs as a band in their own right for a change" (which of course is even more amusing as Kerrang themselves wrote about GD taking a break in March...). Kerrang being pathetic as usual.

Amen to that.

And this pretty much confirms why the rest of Europe often cannot have nice things, with a lot of UK mags fueling the audience with the assumption that they're the only people who matter.

I've seen an article somewhere claiming that Dookie was played back to back for the first time for those three shows last August. I can't even...

At the same time, love seeing Green Day in pretty much any kind of a magazine - that means they're loved, wanted and they matter to people. :)

The letters they requested fans send in in support of Billie during his rehab. I remember seeing a few published - don't actually know many they received and/or published though.

They published mine. :)

• Like 2

• Hermione changed the title to Random Green Day News