Introducing GDA's new videos section

Sanity Loan

We're happy to announce a brand new videos section over on GDA.

We felt like we needed a place to post neat concert clips, TV interviews, and great covers, just to name a few, without crowding the news feed. The videos we will be posting will mainly be new content from this year and on out, but we will certainly post things from the past if we stumble across something we would like to share with you all.

Now, these videos will not show up on the homepage's news feed, but will actually show in our Video tag page, which we are now dubbing as the "Videos Section." This section can be accessed via the navigation bar above under "Media." The latest five videos posted will also show in the column to the right in the "Recent Videos" box. These video posts will also go out to Twitter and Facebook, just like regular news posts do so there is no way you could miss a post :)

Q: Does this mean there will be no more videos posted in the news feed?
A: Videos will still be posted in the news feed, but only if they are worthy enough. For example: This morning we posted a live video of "Missing You" from Emirates Stadium. This is the first live performance we have seen/heard of the track so that is something very news worthy. Now, Green Day also played "Waiting" at Emirates Stadium, which is a rare live track, but it's not something that is considered news worthy to us. So that video would go just in the Videos Section.

Q: Can I send GDA cool videos I come across?
A: Please do! Just use the normal news submission page and send us what you have!

We already have two new posts up in the section from just today so go check them out!

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great idea. I prefer browsing GDA for videos rather than Youtube!

Might you consider moving its sidebar on the homepage below the forum sidebar? I'm so used to where the "Active Forum Topics" box used to be, it always catches me off-guard when I double-tap to zoom in on it and realize that it's the video box instead. I DON'T LIKE CHANGE. :P

Might you consider moving its sidebar on the homepage below the forum sidebar? I'm so used to where the "Active Forum Topics" box used to be, it always catches me off-guard when I double-tap to zoom in on it and realize that it's the video box instead. I DON'T LIKE CHANGE. :P

DEAL WITH IT :mad:

Haha no, I'll discuss it with Andres :)

DEAL WITH IT :mad:

Haha no, I'll discuss it with Andres :)

lolol, you had me for a second.

Thanks, that's awesome! Of course if you guys decide it's unnecessary to change it I'll adjust in no time. I just thought people might seek out the forum more frequently than the videos.

I want to try this out for a little while. Only because I feel it makes more sense that GDA related content is higher up on the page with forum stuff a little lower. But if after a week or so it doesn't feel right I'll consider moving it back.

I want to try this out for a little while. Only because I feel it makes more sense that GDA related content is higher up on the page with forum stuff a little lower. But if after a week or so it doesn't feel right I'll consider moving it back.

You're the boss, brother.

how to post comment on these videos?

how to post comment on these videos?

We don't have the current ones tied to anything on GDC. I wasn't sure if they were worthy of having their own topic here or not. We could do that though.

Great idea people!!A video section in GDA sounds awesome :happy: wel done :thumbsup:

We don't have the current ones tied to anything on GDC. I wasn't sure if they were worthy of having their own topic here or not. We could do that though.

may be use discus for the videos??

A thread for each video would make GDC clumsy.

Great idea people!!A video section in GDA sounds awesome :happy: wel done :thumbsup:

may be use discus for the videos??

A thread for each video would make GDC clumsy.

I don't want to use Disqus anymore. I like the idea of keeping comments on GDC. Just need to think of a way of organizing that so it's not just filled in GD Chat. Maybe. I don't know. Maybe those topics would belong here.

I don't want to use Disqus anymore. I like the idea of keeping comments on GDC. Just need to think of a way of organizing that so it's not just filled in GD Chat. Maybe. I don't know. Maybe those topics would belong here.

well may be a separate forum in GDC for the videos?like we have Green Day Chat,Green Day Pictures,we can have one like Green Day videos where all these threads for GDA video section could be created.

or

Well there's another 3rd party app named IntenseDebate which allows you to appoint Moderators for the comment section.So it can be a better alternative to Disqus.

We can have a sub-forum for videos. But it will be too clogged up, I think =/

well may be a separate forum in GDC for the videos?like we have Green Day Chat,Green Day Pictures,we can have one like Green Day videos where all these threads for GDA video section could be created.

or

Well there's another 3rd party app named IntenseDebate which allows you to appoint Moderators for the comment section.So it can be a better alternative to Disqus.

I believe that's called Green Day Downloads. I might talk to Andres and see if we can incorporate it into there someway.

I believe that's called Green Day Downloads. I might talk to Andres and see if we can incorporate it into there someway.

Naah..I meant, the download section is perfect on its own as both audios and videos are greatly arranged there,and now now if the GDA video section is incorporated in it all things will mess up.

So why not have another forum (or subforum) exclusively for the GDA videos thread?

Let me talk to the rest of the team first, we can carry on that conversation elsewhere instead of this thread.

Looks good, Anyway to view just the live videos, or just the cover videos?

I personally would like some form of filtering system.

Looks good, Anyway to view just the live videos, or just the cover videos?

I personally would like some form of filtering system.

I believe we have a "cover" tag that we apply to posts that are covers. So when that happens, you'd be able to click on the cover tag and view those. Unfortunately, there isn't an easy way for visitors to view everything but the covers

I'm not able to navigate to other pages?

alkfq1.jpg

I can't seem to navigate to other pages?

alkfq1.jpg

In the mean time I suggest adding the page number to the end of the URL. So after "/tags/video/" you'd "2/"

Archived