Psy responds to Billie Joe comment on Instagram

JIGD13

Twisting his words around to make it look like he was actually complimenting him was cleverer (and cooler and classier) than any insult he could've said back would've been. He didn't just say a stupid phrase like kill haters with love, he took what Billie said and came up with a good comeback from it. It takes more intelligence to do that than to just insult him back or reel off a phrase he's learned.

Well, I still find the herpes metaphore pretty clever. But I guess it's generally considered more mature to twist things around than thinking of a better insult. To be fair I admit that way Psy cut everything so no bigger argument can come from this.

• Replies 457
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't have any problems with Psy nor do I have them with One Direction or Justin Bieber. I don't like their music, but then again, there's a lot of music I don't like. There is no reason for hate just because you don't like it. Just listen to your own shit and you should be fine ;-)

A bit of a childish comment by Billie and I must admit Psy handled it well by just putting it to rest instead of going in the counterattack (I don't think he would even be able with his level of English :P )

I just found it really amusing how Psy thanked Billie Joe.

The most childish thing going on here is the way it's being blown out of proportion. :lol: Good for Psy for not doing the same.

Psy barely knows what's going on, that's the funny bit. Or that it even became "news" that Billie made a jokey comment on instagram.

I liked his reaction. I'm not sure if he completely misunderstood it, but either way, Psy is humble. He took it well and if anything, I can vouch both parties are getting a laugh out of it, and that's what matters.

Side note: Now, if it was Justin Bieber in the negative light I'm sure that would've escalated...

Billie Joe's comment about Psy was immature. It's sad to see he used his public Instagram account to reveal he doesn't like Psy. It can be annoying to always hear the same song over and over again (aka Gangnam Style), but just get over it. However, Billie could have used other words to qualify Psy so his comment would not have got so much attention from the medias. Atleast Psy had the intelligence to not counterback. The media would have loved a war between Psy and Billie. By the way, it's a part of the asian culture to always stay respectful no matter the comments you get. It's normal for someone coming from Asia to say «thank you» for a negative comment, because it's wrong in the asian culture to answer back with another bad comment and say what you really think. In other words, you can think bad, but you can't talk about it. So, I'm not surprised at all that Psy thanked Billie.

I don't get why this is being taken so seriously tho

You had me till the end. I don't really care if Billie says something stupid but Psy is hardly the reason this generation of music is poor. Psy has had one major hit in the last 12 months, and that's just because it was a funny video to a catchy song with a silly dance, this generation of music was fucked long before that.

Andres this is the reason I love you and couldn't agree more

The only person I hate here is the interviewer. I don't like Psy's music and I agree with Billie in a way, but I'm glad this didn't turn into a "celebrity fight" or something. That would be just pointless.

Please, Billie, don't turn into that cunt from Sex Pistols that only get's off with slinging shit at other artists that doesn't live life or make music the way you do.

He took it as a complement, what?? but PSY reminds me of like a toddler so I guess I'm glad he didn't get his feelings hurt :) plus he didn't seem to understand anything. I wonder if the interviewer was cracking up on the inside and knew it WASN'T a complement

That was odd how he didn't know billies name but knew he was from green day

I'm thinking that he is being told to act stupid, as it is part of his image. Which is awful, but which is worse? A pop star faking it, or a pop star that is an absolute idiot in reality. Today's pop music is just so disingenuous it's painful to look at. Psy would probably be something on the TV's in the American Idiot musical that Billie Joe is being overwhelmed by. Stupid, trashy music for the masses.

I don't get why this is being taken so seriously tho

I agree. Billie made a funny comment, Psy responded with a funnier comeback. Both were only joking around and no one got hurt, the end.

Please, Billie, don't turn into that cunt from Sex Pistols that only get's off with slinging shit at other artists that doesn't live life or make music the way you do.

Lol Billie's always talked shit about other artists. The difference is he only does it for a laugh not to get publicity.

To anyone condemning Billie and acting like he's the rudest person on Earth all of a sudden: why weren't you saying anything when he first made the comment hmmmm? Lightheartedly making fun of music you don't like is hardly the crime of the century.

Hahaha.

I think I love PSY.

It was kinda daft for Billie to say that so publicly.

What Psy should have said "Oh yeah, well at least my pants aren't saggy!"

Well Psy has handled it with a lot more class than BJ did anyway.

I agree. Billie made a funny comment, Psy responded with a funnier comeback. Both were only joking around and no one got hurt, the end.

Lol Billie's always talked shit about other artists. The difference is he only does it for a laugh not to get publicity.

To anyone condemning Billie and acting like he's the rudest person on Earth all of a sudden: why weren't you saying anything when he first made the comment hmmmm? Lightheartedly making fun of music you don't like is hardly the crime of the century.

imitating Nickelbacks singing is one thing, this was actually really a dick thing to say.

I thought Billie's comment was funny....

Psy's music is repetitive and irritating

His reply sounded as if he was playing the " derp i don't know whats going on" card

Welcome to the world of K-pop. If people actually read up about him they'd know he's been around since 2001. He was happy doing what he loved and then all of a sudden he made it big worldwide. Good on him though, he's one the first k-pop artists to make it that big and its good to see he has a sense of humor.

imitating Nickelbacks singing is one thing, this was actually really a dick thing to say.

Ehh, he's said nastier things. Psy owned him with his classy comeback anyway so no harm done.

PSY was very clever and kind of made billie look like an ass.

I heard they do not have sarcasm in Korea, so it seems like he took it as a compliment.

"Thank you Bill Joe Armstrong from green days, I think you herpy (derpy) too"

Anyway, I liked the way Psy responded, he seems very grounded and somewhat indifferent to his fame, that's always a respectable thing, even though his music does not deserve the fame it has gotten. On the other hand, you shouldn't hang Billie Joe for his comment either, it had comedic undertones. It shouldn't be taken as "you are a disease". It's more of a funny metaphor for one of the most harmless yet irritating STD's there is, and that fits kind of well.

Everyone saying it was immature of Billie to say that:

First of all, I don't even think he meant it on a serious note.It was just a joke.He keeps saying shit about many artists in a fun way.So many people do that.

Joking and Bitching are two different things.Bitching is when someone seriously means what he says and usually says that out of jealousy.Like those brothers from Oasis.Nobody gives a fuck as to what they think but they keep speaking shit anyways.Another example would be Jonny Rotten.

It was very mature of Psy to NOT take it seriously.Even Dave Grohl jokes around about other artists,not being offensive.Why don't you guys call Dave a whining bitch then?He is a legend, so is Billie.

Billie is fuckng 41 years old and off drugs.He definately didn't mean anything.Oh god why do people here take things so seriously.Just relax.

I did't pay much attentiion to PSY and I don't think Gangnam Style worthy of its popularity.

To be honest, I feel a little surprised seeing so many people say that Billie was childish.

Archived