Welcome to Green Day Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

HDTracks version of Homecoming, different from original release.

• Please log in to reply
73 replies to this topic

Met Fan

Met Fan
  • Fied Pinch

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,849 posts
  • Joined Jun 21, 2004
  • 66 rep

I'm listening to American Idiot HD now, I like it. I must have listened to that album literlly at least a thousand times since it's release and I think I can easily tell any change of it's sound, this is so vivid. I'm sitting here listening with my Bose earplugs and it sounds like the vocals are coming from behind me, it really pops. The beauty of this is clearer with the less distorted parts of the album, any clear guitar, acoustic and piano sound very good.

OP is right, nice find with the TV noises in Homecoming.

• trufan1 and angry_robot like this

Drop Dead Hideous

Drop Dead Hideous
  • Insomniac

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,994 posts
  • Joined Sep 03, 2010
  • 525 rep

since everybody is now giving a fuck about the hd remasters, I thought I'd post a video on how it was 'remastered' for those who are interested

Gregorovich

Gregorovich
  • Supermodel Robot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 722 posts
  • Joined Oct 20, 2012
  • 481 rep

Has anybody got the HDtracks master of 21st Century Breakdown? I'm considering getting it, but I'm not sure how worth it it will be. I currently have a ~1MBps ALAC CD rip in my iTunes library, and don't know whether I will really notice the difference that much.

paulGREENDAY

paulGREENDAY
  • Chump

• PipPipPipPip
  • 270 posts
  • Joined Jan 26, 2012
  • 166 rep

Brb pirating music

The Disappearing Boy

The Disappearing Boy
  • His Dissappearingness The Reverend Major Sir Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,832 posts
  • Joined Jan 02, 2007
  • 3,320 rep

Is it worth getting the 21st century breakdown hdtracks? Is it better than ai?

I'm only asking coz id have to buy it as I cant find a torrent for it :lol:

Not Anyone.

Not Anyone.
  • He's not an eggplant.

• 14,673 posts
  • Joined Aug 19, 2013
  • 15,270 rep

Is it worth getting the 21st century breakdown hdtracks? Is it better than ai?

I'm only asking coz id have to buy it as I cant find a torrent for it :lol:

Yes, absolutely. The HDTracks version of Breakdown is absolutely incredible. It's a bigger difference than American Idiot. The dynamic range is massive, everything is a lot more punchy and the sound field isn't over saturated, so everything had room to breathe and the guitars just explode. Get it. It's made me love the album again after I got bored of it due to the production.

Insomniac1984

Insomniac1984
  • Supermodel Robot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 510 posts
  • Joined May 10, 2006
  • 210 rep

I've heard  all of these hd tracks from AI to Tré and their sound absolutely FANTASTIC!!

The Disappearing Boy

The Disappearing Boy
  • His Dissappearingness The Reverend Major Sir Boy

• 15,832 posts
  • Joined Jan 02, 2007
  • 3,320 rep

Yes, absolutely. The HDTracks version of Breakdown is absolutely incredible. It's a bigger difference than American Idiot. The dynamic range is massive, everything is a lot more punchy and the sound field isn't over saturated, so everything had room to breathe and the guitars just explode. Get it. It's made me love the album again after I got bored of it due to the production.

Thanks. I didn't notice too much of a difference with AI (apart from homecoming obviously). I can hear a bit more acoustic guitar, and a bit more bass, but then my speakers were always pretty good at picking up bass.

I wanna do a proper comparison. I'm gonna listen to the cd and then hd tracks on my laptop. My laptop speakers aren't as good good as my ipod ones, but I can't play the cd on those, so doing it on my laptop is the best way to compare the two sounds using the same speakers at the same volume.

Not Anyone.

Not Anyone.
  • He's not an eggplant.

• 14,673 posts
  • Joined Aug 19, 2013
  • 15,270 rep

Thanks. I didn't notice too much of a difference with AI (apart from homecoming obviously). I can hear a bit more acoustic guitar, and a bit more bass, but then my speakers were always pretty good at picking up bass.

I wanna do a proper comparison. I'm gonna listen to the cd and then hd tracks on my laptop. My laptop speakers aren't as good good as my ipod ones, but I can't play the cd on those, so doing it on my laptop is the best way to compare the two sounds using the same speakers at the same volume.

Good idea. Just bear in mind that the lack of compression on the remaster means the actual file is quieter, so you'll have to compensate for that as things generally automatically sound better just for being turned up.

ThatJonGuy

ThatJonGuy
  • Supermodel Robot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 625 posts
  • Joined Apr 30, 2013
  • 246 rep

This sounds really cool, but I don't have $25 to drop on these, especially if it's just digital.

beejeezee

beejeezee
  • Billie Joe's Bitch

• 12,643 posts
  • Joined Nov 29, 2010
  • 4,859 rep

I'm going to have to check these out, are they free?

Not Anyone.

Not Anyone.
  • He's not an eggplant.

• 14,673 posts
  • Joined Aug 19, 2013
  • 15,270 rep

I'm going to have to check these out, are they free?

They're available from HDTracks.com and are around $18-25 depending on the album.

momoluvGD

momoluvGD
  • and your name is Harry

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,908 posts
  • Joined Aug 20, 2011
  • 1,045 rep

I have a lot of mixed feelings about these tracks...it makes the songs a lot easier to learn by ear on guitar, but it reminds me a lot of the musical version, so it's not all too exciting. 21st Century Breakdown, the song, sounds so cool, I don't know what I like so much about hearing the vocals so loudly in music, it makes me get really emotionally and flashbacky :P

However, I really like the, for lack of a better word, punch American Idiot had originally. It fits the story line and the album a lot better, in my opinion. Plus, if you listen closely, you could already hear the tv, I've always noticed it, but I guess it's one of those "once you hear it, you'll always hear it" things. There's just something I love and hate about clearer versions of tracks like these, that I really cannot explain. Maybe it depends on your mood :P

I'd love to hear a HD version of Nimrod! :lol:

beejeezee

beejeezee
  • Billie Joe's Bitch

• 12,643 posts
  • Joined Nov 29, 2010
  • 4,859 rep

They're available from HDTracks.com and are around $18-25 depending on the album.

Do I look like I have money for albums I alrady bought once? :mellow:

I mean I fucking want them of course because Green Day and HD.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users