Video for Billie Joe "We're proud of you"

klauplunk93

Hmm. How about everyone who is going to one of the shows on tour learns THE WHOLE TRILOGY and just screams as loud as they can with Billie. I'm sure he would be surprised to be able to let the crowd sing back. That would make him real happy. :)

I won't learn Nightlife. No no no. Billie's part is beautiful but Lady Cobra's one... I wouldn't sing it, not even if I was payed for that :P

Edit: I could have erased a part of my post xD

Honestly, I don't like this idea at all. Billie doesn't need us to tell him we're proud of him. He already knows that, he knows how much we care about him and how much we love him. And he showed it coming with such an honest interview for us, his fans- who else could that interview be for? So yes, I think everything we should do at the moment is showing him the love we've always showed, that's fine. Even thought I joked about the post I quoted I think that's the kind of thing to do, I like the idea :)

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It would give a gig a really weird vibe if he came out trying his best to put on a classic Green Day show without the usual drinking before it, which will not be easy to begin with anyway, and people are all at the front putting signs up "we're all proud of you for overcoming your personal problems". First of all he explicitly mentions not wanting people's pity, second of all in Bullet In A Bible he talks about how going on stage you can have the shittiest day or the shittiest problems and just get up there and forget about it and play music. There's that element of leaving your troubles at home. "Fuck the dog. The dog's dead."

We've already made a few videos for Billie to show our support, so a video, IMO would be like repeating the same thing over and over again. Just few days ago we made a Birthday video for Billie and it had the same message in it.

Holding signs at the concerts sounds great, though. :) Billie knows that we're with him, always. He even sent out a message on New Year. So, a video, well, is a sweet thought, but we have about 4 videos already, oh well.

"We're proud of you" ?

He's not our child that got an A on a math test.

Instagram and Twitter love is fine enough.

Lol this made me chuckle

Please don't think "well it won't hurt". It could and probably will hurt.

It isn't even a case of whether he wants sympathy or whether it's patronising or not, you need to understand that you could be putting the man in danger. Any kind of reminder - whether it's a positive one like holding up signs at a show or a negative one saying "hey you were in rehab" - could be the trigger that makes him drink again. As an alcoholic he won't see it as "aww that's sweet" but as "oh god I just remembered how much I need alcohol". It may be difficult to understand that but trust me, the two people closest to me are both recovering alcoholics. We don't know Billie or the extent of his problem, so maybe the risk is small, but it isn't worth it.

As has been said by many people in many different threads, you can let him know you love him by going to his shows, singing the songs with all your heart, buying the next Green Day record. That's the best way to do it, and you know what? He'll appreciate that more than any video or signs.

I personally think the best we can do about Billie's rehab is just forget it and let it 'go down in history'. It's not a moment he needs to remember, and it must be very hard to be strong and not drink when everyone is reminding it to you all the time. So I doubt we need or even should make a video for this. They've already shown all they wanna do is forget this and continue their lives.

Archived