Welcome to Green Day Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Voting has started in the Karaoke Contest. Listen to the entries and vote for your favorite.

Photo

Video for Billie Joe "We're proud of you"

• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

klauplunk93

klauplunk93
  • Welcome to Paradise

• Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Joined Jan 13, 2013
  • 8 rep

POPULAR

Hey guys! I read the interview yesterday as many of you, so I came up with an idea, well, before I say it, I saw a picture in tumblr with a great idea, it said that for the ones that are going to any of the next Green Day shows, they could take a sign that says "I'm fucking proud of you", well I though that since not every Green Day fan around the world is going to those shows, maybe we can make a video which will have pictures of all of us with a sign saying "We are proud of you" (yeah, I don't like the "fucking" part).
So, what do you think?
And btw, I don't know anything about making videos, I'm just having the idea so if someone can do it, it will be awesome!  

• BillieJoeObsesser, aldyofficial, TheJesusOfSuburbiaIsALie and 5 others like this

LazyPhil

LazyPhil
  • Insomniac

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,972 posts
  • Joined Sep 18, 2010
  • 508 rep

Hey guys! I read the interview yesterday as many of you, so I came up with an idea, well, before I say it, I saw a picture in tumblr with a great idea, it said that for the ones that are going to any of the next Green Day shows, they could take a sign that says "I'm fucking proud of you", well I though that since not every Green Day fan around the world is going to those shows, maybe we can make a video which will have pictures of all of us with a sign saying "We are proud of you" (yeah, I don't like the "fucking" part).
So, what do you think?
And btw, I don't know anything about making videos, I'm just having the idea so if someone can do it, it will be awesome!  

I think it's a great idea! I could do it but I'm not an iMovie/Final Cul super nerd so I'd be more comfortable if a more skilled person volunteered, I prefer being the "worst case scenario"  :P

Stacie Anne

Stacie Anne
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,087 posts
  • Joined Jun 21, 2006
  • 7,572 rep

100% agree. I was going to start something similar, where we pick a day & time where we just send Billie a message each on Instagram, Twitter, anywhere simply saying 'We believe in you'. I think it'd be a great way to show how much we care & know that he can pull through this. 

I'm in, for sure. :)

Lauren

Lauren
  • no te preocupes

• 14,982 posts
  • Joined Jun 21, 2006
  • 3,703 rep

POPULAR

I think this is a bad idea. Billie doesn't want the attention. It was hard enough for him to do the one interview. I think he just wants to move on. It's great you guys are being supportive, and I'm sure he will appreciate it, but it doesn't seem like it's something he wants right now.

• whatsername, spark in the night, Ryan and 39 others like this

captainperoxide

captainperoxide
  • Unbowed. Unbent. Unbroken.

• 15,837 posts
  • Joined Feb 20, 2007
  • 6,532 rep

POPULAR

"Billievers"

Oh God what have I done.

• spark in the night, Kriky, Jimmy and 29 others like this

Céadóg

Céadóg
  • Fucking say it

• 17,805 posts
  • Joined Sep 11, 2012
  • 20,355 rep

POPULAR

I agree with Lauren. It's just excessive. Besides, he's through the worst of it now. My guess is he'd much rather forget about that whole period and move on.

"Billievers"

Oh God what have I done.

:sick:

• Kriky, EmmaCharlatan&Saints, Bastard of 1967 and 7 others like this

Kayfabe

Kayfabe
  • syllables, killaholic

• 14,584 posts
  • Joined Jun 20, 2009
  • 3,051 rep

aw, that'd be cute

captainperoxide

captainperoxide
  • Unbowed. Unbent. Unbroken.

• 15,837 posts
  • Joined Feb 20, 2007
  • 6,532 rep

POPULAR

In all honesty, we have no idea what he wants. He may want to just forget it all and move on, but it's equally likely he might want to keep it in mind in order to stay on track. And whichever one it is, I don't think an outpouring of support from his fans is going to make him feel bad. It's up to you to choose whether to be involved, but I don't think pretending nothing happened is the right thing to do. The man went through a ridiculously hard time and made a concerted effort to get his life back. I don't think it would be a "pity party" to express the fact that, as fans, we support him.

• BillieJoeObsesser, Milla, Makingyourmascarableed and 9 others like this

LazyPhil

LazyPhil
  • Insomniac

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,972 posts
  • Joined Sep 18, 2010
  • 508 rep

I think this is a bad idea. Billie doesn't want the attention. It was hard enough for him to do the one interview. I think he just wants to move on. It's great you guys are being supportive, and I'm sure he will appreciate it, but it doesn't seem like it's something he wants right now.

Oh yeah, guess I kinda didn't think about that... And he did say he doesn't "want a pity party"

Amanda

Amanda
  • Loved Very Much by Joey

• 30,394 posts
  • Joined Apr 08, 2005
  • 7,935 rep
Send him a cupcake instead. With "Punx" written on it in pink icing.
  • Lauren, Bastard of 1967 and Neon Light like this

Céadóg

Céadóg
  • Fucking say it

• 17,805 posts
  • Joined Sep 11, 2012
  • 20,355 rep

Send him a cupcake instead. With "Punx" written on it in pink icing.

tumblr_l8cjnqKF5m1qbk3yjo1_500_thumb.jpg

• Lauren likes this

klauplunk93

klauplunk93
  • Welcome to Paradise

• Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Joined Jan 13, 2013
  • 8 rep

In all honesty, we have no idea what he wants. He may want to just forget it all and move on, but it's equally likely he might want to keep it in mind in order to stay on track. And whichever one it is, I don't think an outpouring of support from his fans is going to make him feel bad. It's up to you to choose whether to be involved, but I don't think pretending nothing happened is the right thing to do. The man went through a ridiculously hard time and made a concerted effort to get his life back. I don't think it would be a "pity party" to express the fact that, as fans, we support him.

That was exactly what I was thinking.

Dirty Rotten Bastard

Dirty Rotten Bastard
  • Pizza God

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,031 posts
  • Joined Sep 17, 2012
  • 2,986 rep

I'm sure he already knows how proud and grateful we all are.  I'm sure he wouldn't take it in a bad way whatsoever if you did make a video. But, we have no idea what Billie wants. I'm pretty sure his main concern is just moving on without reminders every two seconds. 

• Cath likes this

Misterglasshalfempty

Misterglasshalfempty
  • Brat

• PipPipPip
  • 154 posts
  • Joined May 24, 2009
  • 97 rep

I'm not sure about this. I don't want to be a dick and ruin something cool, but as someone already pointed out, he may not appreciate the attention. So if you do go through with this, just try to make it "chill" and not all "we're here for you" etc. Not because that's not nice, but as he said in the interview; "I don't want a pity party." 

I'll throw in a smiley for good measure.  :runaround:

Panic Attack!

Panic Attack!
  • Supermodel Robot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 536 posts
  • Joined Mar 25, 2010
  • 311 rep

Please don't.

Billie Joe is fine now, and likely wants to move on, so it's unnecessary really.

Actually it would just be more like a bunch of strangers publicly fueling an old fire that he just made an effort to put out.

Show support by going to the show, have a great time, and be like you'd have been if he hadn't had this set back.

• Kriky, ColourMeWaiting and Neon Light like this

Advertising

ColourMeWaiting

ColourMeWaiting
  • Pedestrian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,157 posts
  • Joined May 09, 2009
  • 509 rep

I think the Rolling Stone interview should mark the end of it, not to mention we've already expressed pretty much the same sentiment twice in two separate videos since iHeart.

I just think this kind of thing loses it's value if you overkill it, we're there for him (as much as we can be) when he really needs it. It seems patronising for us to basically become his cheerleaders when he's obviously quite capable of pulling through this on his own and setting it right himself.

• Neon Light and may10 like this

JIGD13

JIGD13
  • I Turned into a Martian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,788 posts
  • Joined Jul 02, 2012
  • 2,602 rep

I don't think Billie wants to remind what he went threw

Tubbie Head

Tubbie Head
  • teh biggest Blue Night fan

• 12,642 posts
  • Joined Jun 10, 2008
  • 2,993 rep

I think the messages on Instagram, twitter (that Adrienne receives) etc. are enough, and I'm sure he knows we are all proud of him by now  :happy:

• Lauren and Hermione like this

kaylubd

kaylubd
  • Resident Shultz/Bellamy Enthusiast

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,336 posts
  • Joined Feb 02, 2012
  • 2,484 rep

This idea just sounds...I dunno awkward and cheesy. Like others here have said, I'm sure the comments on Twitter and what not show that we are happy he's back, but I don't think he needs videos and signs showcasing it.

Bastard of 1967

Bastard of 1967
  • Hero For The Lost Cause

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,834 posts
  • Joined Apr 07, 2009
  • 2,578 rep

So, what do you think?

/disagree - I'm in agreement with the folks who have been real close to recovering alcoholics; the consensus is that they don't want to be reminded about their recovery.  If we wanted to spin this into a strength, I would suggest a sign like "Still Awesome As Fuck!!" might be better -- shows support while looking to the best of the band's past and what will be best in its future, and doesn't focus on Billie's recovery status at all.

• 19GreenAngel91 likes this

Green Day In Seattle

Green Day In Seattle
  • fuckdatshit

• 3,996 posts
  • Joined Aug 27, 2012
  • 2,901 rep
I'm pretty sure he best thing for Billie at this point is to just leave him alone about this. He needs to move on from it and so do we. I don't think it would be a good idea to push this issue anymore than it already has been. What he needs is to forget about it, and a video reminding him of isn't going to help with that. Now if it was a video for Green Day in general saying we missed them and we're glad to see them back, that's a whole different story.

Bastard of 1967

Bastard of 1967
  • Hero For The Lost Cause

• 2,834 posts
  • Joined Apr 07, 2009
  • 2,578 rep

I'm pretty sure he best thing for Billie at this point is to just leave him alone about this. He needs to move on from it and so do we. I don't think it would be a good idea to push this issue anymore than it already has been. What he needs is to forget about it, and a video reminding him of isn't going to help with that. Now if it was a video for Green Day in general saying we missed them and we're glad to see them back, that's a whole different story.

...which is exactly why I suggested the "STILL Awesome As Fuck!!" sign.  That's the "I missed you all", not the "three cheers for Billie!" spotlight that he wants to *not* have to deal with.

Hermione

Hermione
  • Soggy Dream

• 27,661 posts
  • Joined Jan 09, 2008
  • 10,352 rep

I think the messages on Instagram, twitter (that Adrienne receives) etc. are enough, and I'm sure he knows we are all proud of him by now  :happy:

I agree. It's a nice sentiment but I don't think it's necessary. Addiction is a sensitive issue and without knowing how he'd feel about it or what he wants and needs I think it'd be inappropriate to go as far as holding up signs at shows, however well intentioned it was.

• Kriky, Tubbie Head and Strayheart1219 like this

The Forgotten

The Forgotten
  • Betty White's boytoy

• 3,300 posts
  • Joined May 18, 2012
  • 1,578 rep

Do people really think Billie is gonna watch the video an go " Oh god, hundreds of my fans are saying they're happy for me, christ my day is ruined"

• captainperoxide and Mara Garcia Green Day like this

Céadóg

Céadóg
  • Fucking say it

• 17,805 posts
  • Joined Sep 11, 2012
  • 20,355 rep

Do people really think Billie is gonna watch the video

• Kerplunk!!! and Hermione like this

Kerplunk!!!

Kerplunk!!!
  • Chump

• PipPipPipPip
  • 357 posts
  • Joined Oct 11, 2005
  • 82 rep

Without sounding a prick, which i probably will, this is a bit of lame and patronising idea.

• Kriky likes this

Schlappy

Schlappy
  • Insomniac

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,589 posts
  • Joined Jul 07, 2010
  • 2,284 rep

its not gonna be "great job not being wasted for a 5 months billie!" but more like welcoming him back. i dont think theres any harm in that

• Mara Garcia Green Day likes this

Kerplunk!!!

Kerplunk!!!
  • Chump

• PipPipPipPip
  • 357 posts
  • Joined Oct 11, 2005
  • 82 rep

As Billie himself said, he's not fucking Justin Bieber, and we are fans of a punk group not a manufactured popstar who would probably love this kind of thing.

• Cath likes this

Cath

Cath
  • stick it to the man

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,861 posts
  • Joined Nov 24, 2012
  • 4,144 rep

Please don't do that for the same reasons above. 

• Kriky likes this

Schlappy

Schlappy
  • Insomniac

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,589 posts
  • Joined Jul 07, 2010
  • 2,284 rep

As Billie himself said, he's not fucking Justin Bieber, and we are fans of a punk group not a manufactured popstar who would probably love this kind of thing.

this is just... kinda dumb.

• Mykee Mexx and Mara Garcia Green Day like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users