Awesome As Fuck VS Bullet In A Bible

stich

The editing in Bullet in a Bible bothers me. I do like it more than AAF, but I find the editing extremely distracting. I will put it on in the background, though, as I'm working on other things. If I want to sit and watch, though, I would pick AAF.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

BIAB, because it was well done.

Chris Dugan is an awful director. All the patches are terribly annoying, the effects are bad, the sound is edited in protools and it makes me puke, there's a lot of things that you want to see and you don't see them, like Tré's solo in Burnout, or better focuses on Mike and Tré in Welcome To Paradise.

BIAB, because it was well done.

Chris Dugan is an awful director. All the patches are terribly annoying, the effects are bad, the sound is edited in protools and it makes me puke, there's a lot of things that you want to see and you don't see them, like Tré's solo in Burnout, or better focuses on Mike and Tré in Welcome To Paradise.

BIAB was edited in pro tools as well... every single live album goes thru pro tools in some shape or form

I can't decide. BIAB just has more meaning, but AAF is such a special thing to the fans and has a great setlist. So it's a tough decision for me.

it depends on what we're judging by for me to fully choose.

For the most part, I got more into BIAB. You get a better feel for how a GD concert would go in BIAB opposed to AAF.

On the other hand, I think they did a lot of fantastic stuff with the stage set up in AAF and they had a great variety of songs!

I believe that AAF's main problem is that they chose to perform in a country where the large majority (if not all; you never know, some may learn English before their native) of the country speaks Japanese for their 1st language, so it makes it a bit more difficult to get the crowd to interact as well as they did in BIAB.

Bullet in a bible. It's there first concert where they filled up a arena like that. That DVD shows how far they have come. Finally came out of the dookie stage. Plus the awesome footage of them rehearsing and just acting like dumbasses. When I first got the DVD I watched it a billion times and never got bored of it. I still watch it now sometimes when I feel down.

Awesome as fuck IMO is just a filmed show. I saw it on youtube. Not really sure if I saw ALL OF IT? Because people are making a big deal out of it? Idk.

Bullet in A Bible i think tells a story, ironically. I feel like I know Green Day and what a Green Day concert is like after watching BIAB. AAF is poorly edited and the effects suck and the transition between each song; it also doesnt really have that Green Day concert feel we know. I mean this by talking about things like how they fuck around in King for A Day and how Billie seems to interact with the crowd a lot better in BIAB. Dont get me wrong, AAF has some great songs, but hell, so does BIAB. One way I like to put Bullet in A Bible is that its a concert "documentary". We really feel a Green Day show, and thats what I think all concert films should be like, not just the band playing the songs.

mmmmmmm.. probably BIAB.Because when I first saw It that was It, I was sure that Green Day would have always been my favourite band.

And of course because there's an almost naked Trè.

Bullet in a Bible because the quality is better and there are some backstage interviews. But the tracklist of AAF is better (When I come around :wub: )

Bullet In A Bible because of the backstage stuff, the venue and I feel like it had a better atmosphere as well!

I swear we had a thread like this before though...

I prefer BIAB, mainly because I feel that they went more indepth and gave us more information about how the songs were created.

Plus the fact that I prefer the setlist on BIAB to the AAF one.

BIAB. Its just too good. The huge venue, the gags, the interviews. Its so awesome. The energy I get while watching BIAB is so immense. I love it.

Definitely Bullet In A Bible. It's all round amazing and you get the feel of the atmosphere.

AAF has great performances and a better tracklist but it doesn't have that special feel, the dvd just feels like a bonus disc (no wonder, it is...) and both the album and dvd sound like if it has been filtered through gravel or something.

Bullet In A Bible all the way. Better production, spectacular sound mix, better show and superb camera angles. Sam Bear did one hell of a job there.

Bullet in a Bible was just really special, like American Idiot. The only thing I didn't like was that they took out some of the best songs, which were these: Knowledge, She, Maria, Homecoming and We are the Champions.

I like both DVDs, but I think I prefer BIAB. I feel the performance is better and I personally love all the backstage interviews and stuff. Also, what annoyed me about AAF is some of the editing...like how some things will be in slow motion when it doesn't need to be and stuff like that. Beside, the performance on BIAB is just epic if you ask me.

Bullet In A Bible has better sound and video production and the documentary is entertaining and pretty awesome. But the fact that a ton of songs from the set are cut from the video and the CD, and the fact that the songs are edited on the CD, really holds it back for me. I can't take it seriously as a live album because of those things. And Sam Bayer overuses filters that make watching the concert really jarring, especially on Blu-Ray.

Awesome As Fuck has the superior setlist and CD in my opinion, but the sound production seems inadequate when compared to Bullet In A Bible. Some songs sound good; others sound thin and overly metallic, and it really pulls me out of it when I try to listen to it. The video is really good, but it lacks those pieces that made Bullet In A Bible entertaining. And once again, the video concert has songs cut from the setlist, which is really, really annoying to me, especially when the release is being marketed as the "Green Day live experience".

Archived