Expectations for the "Trilogy Tour"

Speechless & Redundant

Truly no one has any idea what the fuck the tour schedule will look like =/ after the clusterfuck of this tour and its cancellations, I think all rhyme or reason for scheduling has been thrown out the window :lol:

"Uno! Dos! Tre!" Tour. A clusterfuck where nothing makes sense and it's not even named that when the touring actually starts.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really DO hope they play more trilogy songs in Europe and other countries. Hate to say it but the setlists of the USA tour SUCKED!!!!! ass. Yes I love their old music, but I bought new 3 discs not even a year ago and I want to listen music from those discs LIVE not only from the discs and besides there aren't really much live trilogy songs around youtube.. I'll be looking forward to know what they'll be playing in Europe, hopefully I don't get disappointed.

Kind of random but I want them to bring 21 Guns back into the set, don't know why they got rid of it :( I think they'll start playing Rusty James a lot more though

They should make their setlist like Clutch does. Each night one band member makes the set. Easy and has creativity involved instead of hearing Basket Case and Christie Road 8 times in one show.

Ten years from now critics will view this album as awesome and really underrated.

Thinking they might add Missing You, Wild One, and Dirty Rotten Bastards to the set. In Billie's recent Instagram posts, he tagged those songs, along with Stay the Night, Stray Heart, and 99 Revolutions, all of which they've already been playing.

• 3 weeks later...

i want DRB and Lazy Bones.
and a comeback in Montreal to play Scattered and i can die in peace thanks.

Just saw the setlist of tonight's place in Italy. I gotta say that I've completely lost any faith on this tour . Why? well no enough trilogy songs YES they might play SOME trilogy songs, but it seems that they'll continue playing more of their old stuff. again the question I wonder myself Didn't they release 3 new albums last year? Sorry for being too harsh, but that's how i've been feeling with this new setlist they're performing since March. Yes I know, iHeartRadio tantrum, Billie Joe rehab, green day back again blah blah blah etc. they're my favorite band and musicians, I love their oldies and all that , but still they released 3 discs last year, and some will tell me that they don't play those songs because people don't know them very well. Ok that's up to promoting the discs, which is something they haven't done that of much. To be quiet honest seeing those setlist makes me thing that they should't have made the trilogy because that's how is exactly the reality. Only like 5 trilogy songs in their setlists is as it didn't exist at all.

My only hope now is to wait for maybe a 2nd leg tour and hopefully they play trilogy songs.

Just saw the setlist of tonight's place in Italy. I gotta say that I've completely lost any faith on this tour . Why? well no enough trilogy songs. again the question I wonder myself Didn't they release 3 new albums last year? Sorry for being too harsh, but that's how i've been feeling with this new setlist they're performing since March. Yes I know, iHeartRadio tantrum, Billie Joe rehab, green day back again blah blah blah etc. they're my favorite band and musicians, I love their oldies and all that , but still they released 3 discs last year, and some will tell me that they don't play those songs because people don't know them very well.Ok that's up to promoting the discs. My only hope now is to wait for maybe a 2nd leg tour and hopefully they play trilogy songs.

i kind of agree with you. but tonight wasn't a real show. so let's see what's going on this friday and then we'll know what they'll play for the rest of the european tour.

Just saw the setlist of tonight's place in Italy. I gotta say that I've completely lost any faith on this tour . Why? well no enough trilogy songs YES they might play SOME trilogy songs, but it seems that they'll continue playing more of their old stuff. again the question I wonder myself Didn't they release 3 new albums last year? Sorry for being too harsh, but that's how i've been feeling with this new setlist they're performing since March. Yes I know, iHeartRadio tantrum, Billie Joe rehab, green day back again blah blah blah etc. they're my favorite band and musicians, I love their oldies and all that , but still they released 3 discs last year, and some will tell me that they don't play those songs because people don't know them very well. Ok that's up to promoting the discs, which is something they haven't done that of much. To be quiet honest seeing those setlist makes me thing that they should't have made the trilogy because that's how is exactly the reality. Only like 5 trilogy songs in their setlists is as it didn't exist at all.

My only hope now is to wait for maybe a 2nd leg tour and hopefully they play trilogy songs.

Tonight was a surprise show. Plus, would you want to play songs that almost no one in the crowd knows or likes?

I know that it has been said that Green Day is not playing trilogy stuff because they did not sell many albums, but I think it is silly to be playing songs from 1039 instead of promoting their albums now. My dad went to the concert with me in Illinois and he did not know the songs like Disappearing Boy. Honestly, I think more people at that concert knew more trilogy songs than songs from 1039. The trilogy is full of gems that no one knows about, they need to play them and make them known.

I know that it has been said that Green Day is not playing trilogy stuff because they did not sell many albums, but I think it is silly to be playing songs from 1039 instead of promoting their albums now. My dad went to the concert with me in Illinois and he did not know the songs like Disappearing Boy. Honestly, I think more people at that concert knew more trilogy songs than songs from 1039. The trilogy is full of gems that no one knows about, they need to play them and make them known.

Exactly, and like I said if other people don't know the trilogy songs, or they didn't sell a lot, it's because they haven't done much to promote it. They had a whole month after the last venue they played in USA, and they could have made some something like making a video, releasing a new single and so on, but they did none of those things. I'd love to know why from all the sudden they changed the GREAT setlists they had before.

At this point, the whole trilogy became a completely joke which is really sad because all the songs are really awesome. Honestly, we could've gotten the same result if the trilogy wasn't even released at all, and they just decided to make a tour on all of their old songs that way we wouldn't feel like something or should I say a lot is missing.

I hope I'm completely wrong and get my mouth shut up if they play more (as 75% trilogy and 25% old stuff) in tomorrow's venue, but I really highly doubt it.

Looks like they are sound checking for tomorrow's show now

Hopefully they rehearse some trilogy tracks

Does anybody else want Missing you and sex drugs and violence to be played live soon?

Missing You would be great! I love that song :wub:

Thinking they might add Missing You, Wild One, and Dirty Rotten Bastards to the set. In Billie's recent Instagram posts, he tagged those songs, along with Stay the Night, Stray Heart, and 99 Revolutions, all of which they've already been playing.

Good detective work! I sure hope so! :woot:

Insomniac is soo underrated the only live track is really brain stew

Also warning only minority really gets played

I would like to see more from these underrated gems

Insomniac is soo underrated the only live track is really brain stew

Also warning only minority really gets played

I would like to see more from these underrated gems

This! I think that it's a shame that these two albums especially Warning get so overlooked. I'd have hoped for this tour that they played some gems of Insomniac & Warning and change around Uno, Dos, Tré songs as they've got 37 to choose from but that's obviously not the case =/

okay so real shows for the second leg starts tonight and i don't need to say that i want to hear new trilogy songs. they better. :P

disappointed there are no new songs added from the american tour.
i don't know why they played songs like Scattered, Murder City, etc.. on the secret show but they don't on normal shows?

The 21cb tour was so good because they played the hits but also a hand full of new tracks. And then started doing rare tracks like burnout ect. But now them songs are standard now. Wish tnh surprised us more and did rare songs and changed it up. Or new tracks

The 21cb tour was so good because they played the hits but also a hand full of new tracks. And then started doing rare tracks like burnout ect. But now them songs are standard now. Wish tnh surprised us more and did rare songs and changed it up. Or new tracks

Hopefully that will come with the second leg in NA... Maybe SA too. Those crowds always have a good time and don't whine about not hearing Longview :P

The "Trilogy Promotion" period is long since over. They're not out to support Uno, Dos and Tre, because those three albums are afterthoughts on the charts by now, and no amount of touring is going to change that. The 99 Revolutions Tour kind of feels like a "greatest hits" tour, and if you're playing shows four months after releasing the last of three albums which were mediocre sellers overall, that's probably the right decision.

Even without that lengthy bit of rationalizing the setlists, I'm pretty happy with what the band's playing these days, and wish they'd drop Good Riddance and come back out my way.

According to setlist.fm, the Green Day setlist in Italy was pretty much the same as the setlist during the American leg of the tour. Oh well.....

They should have decided to release the other 2 albums after Billie's rehab. It didn't make since to me when they announced that they would move Tre forward. These albums just seem like a huge waste now. They don't even play any UNO and that went #2 in its first week. We just have to look toward next year. I think they are going to tour Dookie and American Idiot, AND maybe remaster them.

Problem is it been a greatest hits set for best part of 10

Years.

Always that section with brain stew and hitching a ride. And same old king for a day and shout

Kinda makes me bored

Archived