Why is there so much hate for Green Day?

Todd

That sucks :/ But at least you have places like the GDC to come and talk to people who do understand and like/love the music! :)

Yeah, luckily :) It's relieving to have someone to talk to :lol:

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was just thinking. I'm in my final year of school. Off the top of my head, I can name seven green day fans out. It doesn't sound like much does it? But think of it this way: how many other bands have a large following where you know that there are at least a handful of other fans around where you are? Not many. They're not hated, they're really adored.

I was just thinking. I'm in my final year of school. Off the top of my head, I can name seven green day fans out. It doesn't sound like much does it? But think of it this way: how many other bands have a large following where you know that there are at least a handful of other fans around where you are? Not many. They're not hated, they're really adored.

Doesn't sound like much? I only know 3 people that like Green Day. 2 are in my class and I don't see the other one anymore.

bcoz greenday r shit used to be gud shit after dooky sold out too old crap musics

nd bcoz they wer eyeliner now gay faget only for girl

I know plenty of people that don't like the Beatles. I don't know why everyone thinks that their is no one that doesn't like the Beatles, they are a great band and everything, but still their only human not everyone can like them!

There is a difference between "someone doesn't like the Beatles" and "someone hates the Beatles". I know people that dislikes them (they don't like the music but they don't care about the band) but no one who hates them (they won't make stupid comments about the band). For me, this is the second category for Green Day. Many people don't juste dislike the music but they hate them (I mean, the guys). It goes beyond the music. I don't know why. Hate is childish in my opinion.

Doesn't sound like much? I only know 3 people that like Green Day. 2 are in my class and I don't see the other one anymore.

Ahh, I guess I live in a good area ;)

Well I was gonna say Green Day isn't getting as much hate as say Justin Beiber.... but then I realized thats because Green Day actually has some talent.... so never mind :P

Having thought about it recently, I honestly think a lot of the hate is due to contempt for the non existent Green Day fangirls.

A lot of them came and then WENT with the tide of American Idiot. Most of the fans I know, who like me are relatively young, are musicians or have a broad music taste. They aren't delusional about the fact that Green Day is 'the best band to have walked the planet' even if they do consider them a favourite. None of them listen to or ever have listened to Green Day for the sake of fitting in or being popular. They don't come across as those kind of individuals.

Green Day does not, from what I can tell, appeal to the 'jock' or 'prep' demographic or its equivalent here in the UK. Much the opposite actually. They do appeal strongly to the young emo/goth grouping, hardly a bad thing, as this is about as 'punk' or alternative as you'll get in modern middle Britian.

I wonder if the so called old Green Day fans realise that in 1994 Gilman Punks were sneering at them for being mindless poseur teenagers who thought they were 'so punk rock'.

No one hates Green Day. They just either pretend to hate them because it's cool or have never listened to more than their radio songs, which are fairly worse than other songs mostly.

People don't give them a chance. There's a girl in my class that has listened to older stuff though, her parents always listen to 39/Smooth era Green Day. She told me she hates them. (She likes One Direction, go figure)

One of the problems is that kids my age sadly usually only like the stuff that is "cool" at the moment regardless of musical talent ( Katy Perry, Rihanna,One Direction,Bieber, Lady Gaga, etc) and right now bands like Green Day aren't "cool" so people just assume they're bad because it's not what you hear on pop radio. I know a few people who claimed they hated Green Day but then I had them actually listen to a few songs and now they love them

Archived