In which era would you have liked to see Green Day live?

Speechless & Redundant

Warning. Amazing new album, amazing past albums, amazing setlists. I don't know why but I prefer them more down-to-earth. From American Idiot on they behave more like we're big and we know it.

Totally agree with you. They were really down to earth as you said.

Warning is very under-rated but this is an amazing album

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I honestly think they come across the same down-to-earth nowadays as they did in old interviews, they're just ever-so-slightly more mature now, so it seems different. The shows are less down-to-earth, they're very high-production quality so they're much more grandiose, but they also look better. But yes, they also have this sense of ego, but it's kind of an insecure, ironic one.

I'd love to see them at an early show, mainly to see those songs that they never play!

I'd quite happily watch the Shepherds Bush show every night though...

Nimrod and American Idiot. Also Gilman or places where they played for like 5 people would have been awesome :lol:

Totally agree with you. They were really down to earth as you said.

Warning is very under-rated but this is an amazing album

Indeed. Warning is probably my favorite pre-AI album.

I've never been to a Green Day concert, so any era would e great. I do wish that o was alive to see them perform in their really early concerts at the Gilman. I've heard heaps of live audio from them and they sound amazing.

Dookie era, no doubt about it, they were fucking crazy onstage in those times.

Yeah, those days of crazy and irrational on-stage behaviour are long behind them.

Yeah, those days of crazy and irrational on-stage behaviour are long behind them.

Sadly :'( BUTTTTT....they are still one of the best bands live nowadays :P

I've always fancied the idea of seeing them during the Nimrod era. That was the time when they first started being a bit more theatrical and really involving the audience, with plenty of fun and silliness and leopard print thongs :D. Plus they were playing quite small venues. Seeing them during Dookie times would be great I'm sure but the venues were massive and while they were obviously amazing live they hadn't quite developed that flair for "putting on a show" for a bigger audience yet so I think Nimrod would be even better for me. I love watching videos of Nimrod shows, just something about them.

Although truthfully I'd rather see them in the "Foxboro Hot Tubs era" again once than see them 20 times any other time. That'll always be my favourite.

Really wish I could have seen them on the 21CB tour, the showmanship and setlists are unparalleled. That or one of the Kerplunk Gilman shows.

I agree with all of them haha

But I would have loved to see them pre-Dookie when they were inexperienced, Scared shitless and in ridiculously intimate venues. Dookie era would be cool too. But I was incredibly happy to see them during the 21CB tour. Those shows were absolutely incredible. I think that tour might be remembered as their live performance prime, but I shouldn't speak too soon.

Oh my god..most definitely the Dookie era! I wold have love to see Billie and Mike practically insult the entire audience..good times..:P

Any point before large venues became the norm for them, where you didn't have to pay a rediculous amount of money or be quick with getting tickets to a secret show in order to be close to the front.

Dookie era. I would give anything to be watching Billie during his on-stage acid trips.

Pretty sure Billie stated he's only done acid a couple of times. So he was more likely stoned/tweeked

I wish I could have seen them on this tour. Would have been my first show if it hadn't gotten cancelled. If I had to pick an era I would pick the Nimrod/Warning era. They had great shows that really started showing a lot of crowd involvement. Just really aweomse shows with high energy and fantastic music. But in all honesty, any era would be great to see the best live band ever.

>iHeartRadio Music Festival

I think the 21st Century Breakdown era was great on live shows, I saw them and they did a 3 hour show, and a lot of old songs, so yeah, that was nice.

Agreed, I feel the need to defend the many Americans who live in more uncommon touring locations. I don't have this problem personally because I live in the Northeast where most of the population congregates ( :P ) but frankly it might be even easier for a Slovenian to travel to a Green Day show in Italy or Austria than for someone in Nowheresville, USA to get to the nearest Green Day show. Californians and New Yorkers, yes, have more opportunities, but many Americans are as far away from these locations as you are from the European tour.

Edit: don't know why the multiquote fucked up the posters...

Actually this is true. Didn't think of that before. They are playing in Trieste this year so that's only 2h of driving for me. Hurray!

Probably Nimrod, so I could see Billie do his routine "King for a Day" performance

I saw that,, and it was totally embarrassing. My dad was standing next to me. All I could do it moment of instawhatthefuck was point and laugh.

I would have loved to have seen them in the Dookie and before stage, as well FBHT and the Network. I would also like to hit the rewind button and relive the time I saw them during the Insomniac tour. That was a total life changer for me (although every tour since Nimrod has had a lot of special memories for me). I have yet to see them for the trilogy though (the concert I had tickets for got cancelled).

Archived