Johnny Rotten of Sex Pistols takes a Dig at GD

Akshat

The Sex Pistols are good, NMTB is a great album. But he's full of shit. He's a real arse, and has been making these shitty comments for years. Green Day have ALWAYS cited the pistols as inspiration, imagine how shitty you'd feel if someone who you always looked up to constantly comes up with shit like this

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply
DIRNT: If they're the spirit of punk rock, then punk rock is dead.

What a quote. Totally turned the tables on the Sex Pistols there.

Guest DisapppearingBoy

P.I.L. - I think they are not bad. If Johnny Rotten hates Green Day why should they like him after all.

well even sex pistols are not really a punk band...i mean...malcom "built" them..so Rotten can shut up. I love sex pistols music and i've seen them live once but...here in italy we say: il bue da del cornuto all'asino...which means "you criticize someone for something, not quite correct, he did.and at the same time the one who criticizes does the same thing.

EDIT: Sorry, I didn't notice that the video I posted was already here.

I don't believe them at all. I find them very foolish. I chased them out of a room once.

:lol:

Seriously?

And the reason to hate them is because they showed up at a fashion award? :lol::lol::lol:

If you want to make big elaborate posts on how everyone sucks, I'd recommend a blog. I'd love to rage comment on it since I love half of the shit you listed.

I think he was just quoting The Butter Man, he's the one who dissed all those bands and artists, not No Future

Coldplay sucks, Artic Monkeys sucks, Jay-z sucks, Ozzy Osbourne sucks, Green day sucks. Everything sucks by him. It's just an old guy complaining all over again.

He's just awful, he's a bitter old man with bitter goals in life

He's just a grouch sitting on a couch....

I love the sex pistols, but to be honest Johnny Rotten is not really my cup of tea... I know I didn't live to see what he was like in his 'greater days', but he just seems like a old bitter jerk to me.
He doesn't like anything 'new' and defiantly doesn't like new punk. And he takes a jab at Green Day all the damn time... nothing new.

I won't take him and his statements too serious.

What I find amusing about Johhny Rotten, is that he only ever seems to get any attention and press interest and headlines when he's slagging people off, quite often Green Day. He seems to be so irrelevent, musically. Do people still get excited by Jonny Rotten's new music? I personally would say no, and bet if he didn't name drop when he bitches him and his new music would get quite overlooked. Just my opinion!

What was Johnny Rotten doing at a fashion award show that he didn't believe in to begin with??? He had to be there to run them out of a room. He is contradicting himself and making himself look really foolish! LOL

The Sex Pistols are featured in my unreliable Green Day biography that I'm using for a book report.

I think most of it's been said already, but Johnnny Rotten is such a fucking prick. He is the epitome of the word "hypocrite". Criticizing Green Day for showing up in places he personally doesn't approve of and then going and doing ridiculous commercials. Come on, get over yourself, man!

Green Day's song "Grouch" from Nimrod describes him perfectly. :lol: How about that, Johnny?

I hate this man so much, and I don't care about fucking sex pistols...

I heard a few songs of sex pistols.I don't see a difference between the punk nature of them and Green Day.That was bullshit

it's just envy, jealousy and nothing else from him

Johnny Rotten is just a shadow of what once he was.. he's like a little boy crying for some attention.. look at the face of shame that the interviewer does when John cites green day (like "ok i'll laugh to not cause any disconfort to him, but whatafuck he's talking about")

Archived