Gaslight Anthem talk about Billie Joe and his meltdown (video)

desertrose

see, now this is one of the reasons I like gaslight anthem.

I agree that his actions aren't really those of a meltdown... within the context of a Green Day gig, where swearing profusely and breaking shit is all part of the fun.

But watching the whole 30 min set is cringe-worthy, Billie just doesn't seem on his A, B or C game: not queuing Tré in during Holiday, awkward grinding with random crowd member, being shouty at the audience in an uncharacteristicly angry way, taking long breaks to wander around the stage and crowd to then count down the time warnings from 10 mins to 1 before flipping out. It looks like a punk rock outburst if you omit the first 28 mins or so. With them the fallout doesn't seem so crazy... besides the whole "ZOMG he swore and made fun of Justing Bieber!" response. It seems to miss the bigger picture somewhat.

What we label the event doesn't change its affects on the band's hiatus, tour dates, promotional appearances or album releases. Here's to leaving this unpleasantness in the past - categorisation agruments, conspiracy theories and all - and looking forward to a Green 2013 with the guys ready to fire on all cylinders as we know and love them!

Dude, you couldn't have said that better, I totally agree with you.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did someone mention that cancelled show in Italy as a sign of this? Because judging from comments i've seen from people i'd trust, that literally was just food poisoning/stomach flu and not related to this. Just wanted to throw that out there. If the Italy thing was anything to do with this he'd have gone into rehab then, not left it and used something as lame as iheart as a reason.

Archived