¡TRÉ!

Liam

Don't get me wrong, I love the rhythm and music behind the song. I just don't know what it is right now, I definitely know that It will be growing on me soon, probably when I get the physical album so I can burn myself a primo copy.

There are CD quality torrents out there you know.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Listening through now. I think this is probably the best album of the trilogy overall. My prediction will probably come true that when all is said and done the whole trilogy will provide me one album's worth of enjoyable songs.

There are CD quality torrents out there you know.

I know, but I prefer the copies my burner makes. Same thing with the Dos leak, when I burned it sounded a lot more...full? than the Justleaked version that was going around.

Any tips on where to find the link SAFELY..?

Not in the back of a white van of a twitchy guy selling Tre bootlegs next to suspicious foil cubes.

I love Drama Queen and Brutal Love a lot. I think that if you have an open mind when listening to any type of music you will come to like everything in you're own way.

Just imagine hearing that song played live. Jizzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

I was walking home listening to it and thought of the same things. Dammit, it'll be fun.

For now this is my ranking:

American Idiot

¡TRÉ!

¡DOS!

Dookie - Warning - ¡UNO!

1039/Smoothed Out Slappy Hours

Nimrod - 21st Century Breakdown

Kerplunk!

Insomniac

THIS:

The fact that you ranked Nimrod, Kerplunk! and Insomniac in your bottom three albums makes me unable to take you seriously.

21st Century Breakdown doesn't deserve a better rank than last.

Tre really lets it loose on this album. Fantastic fills, he really evokes some Keith Moon type vibes on a lot of the songs. They top stuff like Burnout in my mind.

Tip: PM me, it's safe

some people did for Dos

I got like 2 viruses looking for downloads this morning

You serious dude? I found the link in literally a minute, with no viruses. You've either got the worst anti-virus ever, or you're really looking in all the wrong places.

The fact that you ranked Nimrod, Kerplunk! and Insomniac in your bottom three albums makes me unable to take you seriously.

I love all their albums, I fucking love insomniac but i just can decide..

Tip: PM me, it's safe

some people did for Dos

Thanks but I found it! Probably shouldn't posted that as soon as I had access to a computer. But thanks haha

Edit: two page owns in the thread two times in a row...#epic

My deep thoughts on the album after a few listens

1. Brutal Love is frickin awesome

2. Missing You is an excellent track and those drum breaks are vintage Tre Cool

3. 8th Avenue Serenade: Awesome melody

4. Drama Queen is nice. I like the G to F# where Billie sings Queen up on the A. nice nod to Clapton/George Harrison ballads

5. X-Kid is one of Green Day's best songs ever

6. Sex Drugs & Violence is pretty forgettable but I do like the end of the main theme chord progression. Pretty bad chorus though

7. A Little Boy Named Train sounds like it could have been on Kerplunk

8. Amanda: I really wish they started off the song with that intro riff from the live version. And I wish they included the walk up at the end of the riff instead of hanging on the E

9. Walk Away: Pretty underwhelming. not terrible though. *liking it better after repeated listens though*

10. Dirty Rotten Bastards: dirrrty bass solo

11. 99 Revolutions: I actually ended up liking this more than I thought I would after hearing the live songs. Nice harmonies

12. I really enjoy The Forgotten, its right up there as one of the most emotional songs they've ever written

I say all this with the caveat that I will enjoy these songs even more the more I listen to them. Great album, great end to the trilogy

I love all their albums, I fucking love insomniac but i just can decide..

It's just not their worst album. And Kerplunk and Nimrod are better than what you gave them.

You serious dude? I found the link in literally a minute, with no viruses. You've either got the worst anti-virus ever, or you're really looking in all the wrong places.

It was 5:30 AM and I had 10 minutes to get in downloaded, then synced to my ipod.

It was 5:30 AM and I had 10 minutes to get in downloaded, then synced to my ipod.

Literally went into Google, typed in hasitleaked, then got the link from there. 1 minute.

8. Amanda: I really wish they started off the song with that intro riff from the live version.

I knew something was wrong

I've only heard it a few times so far. Not all of the songs hit, but the ones that do hit fucking hard

Brutal love, Dirty rotten bastards, X-kid deserve gif spammin

tumblr_m3lrmyafmw1r29raf.gif

I'm TOTALLY in love.

After a first listen of course I think they're ALL good but my favorites are Brutal love, Drama Queen, X-Kid, Walk Away, Dirty Rotten Bastard and The Forgotten

I think Amanda is really interesting. After all those songs written about her, it's the first one actually named "Amanda". He's really "Talking" to her I really like it.

And Mike is singing in sex, drugs and violence And Drama Queen is sooooo beautiful !!! :)

Seriously, it's a damn great piece of art. NICE work, dudes!!! :) <3

It really finish well the trilogy

Alright so after my first listen I find myself a bit underwhelmed. Now I am a big supporter of the trilogy and thought both Uno and Dos were good albums and worth the experiment. With Tre however, I am not so sure anymore.

Brutal Love is incredible! Easily one of my favorites from the trilogy. Dirty Rotten Bastards: yes I hear shoplifter but some of the segments of this song are fucking awesome! I also really enjoyed X-Kid, Drama Queen and Amanda a lot! Missing You, Walk Away, 99 Revs, and The Forgotten I felt were good but nothing too special. However, the remainder of the tracks I found very boring, and with these in there the overall album is just brought down a lot for me.

Production wise Billie Joe sounds fantastic, however, the guitar level and lack of distortion really do hurt some of the songs on this album. I can name a handful off of Uno and Dos that I think could've used some extra kick, but the vast majority of the songs on Tre need it imo.

Lyrically the album was a bit disappointing as well. I had very high expectations for the Tre lyrics, but while some songs delivered, quite a few did not.

There is a very good chance that the album will grow on me in some time, and I definitely am not part of the camp screaming that they should have done a single 12 song album because I think there are a lot of really good songs in the trilogy, but at the moment I think that perhaps 37 songs might have been a bit too much. Also I really wish the band experimented more on these records. With this much space to work with I sort of expected that Tre would unearth some really different-sounding stuff, but I was a bit let down in that regard. Oh well, I can't wait til they return to the world and play the fuck out of these songs. They have a whole bunch of kick-ass new material to unleash and I am soooo excited :dance:

It's just not their worst album. And Kerplunk and Nimrod are better than what you gave them.

Well that depends of the person.. Its just my opinion :happy:

You argument is like saying "Noo dudeee, Bluee is better than Red"

Archived