¡TRÉ!

Liam

Trying to resist listening to the whole album when it's streamed is really difficult!

I shouldn't be on here reading how awesome it is though

But I can't help it

And now I'm rambling

But should I honestly listen to it ASAP or wait like I did for Uno and Dos?

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Am I the only one here which don't know how to download Tre? :pinch:

I PM'd you like 30 minutes ago. -_-

I'm seriously starting to think that x-kid is my favorite song of Green Day. I'll be a heretic, but what can I do? "I don't wanna be an imbecile, but Jesus made me that way." :P

I PM'd you like 30 minutes ago. -_-

Yeah I know. Tnx. But I don't know why the page can't be opened, or I maybe I don't know how to download it.

Seriously, when are the Beatles comparisons gonna stop? It's been a few years, maybe it's time to applaud creativity instead of inspiration and ripoffs.

I can understand that getting annoying but I don't think people are trying to say they are ripping the Beatles off. They are just very influenced by them. I think its a great thing that they are becoming more Beatles-esque in melody writing. Its a damn good compliment.

The melody of Missing You = the melody of She's a Saint, Not a Celebrity

I can understand that getting annoying but I don't think people are trying to say they are ripping the Beatles off. They are just very influenced by them. I think its a great thing that they are becoming more Beatles-esque in melody writing. Its a damn good compliment.

I'm just tired of the Beatles being what everything in the fucking world is compared against.

Maybe it is a reflection of where I am right now, but I think that Tre - as a complete piece of work, is one of best albums that GD have ever delivered.

Nothing is worse than having the songs on your iPod but not being able to listen 'till tomorrow..... :cry: Fuckin' exams!!

( my iPod is just like, " Come, come, listen to Tre! :P "

Like the other two trilogy albums, Tre gets better with each listen!

This. Fans can get angry all they want, the fact is there is a heavy Beatles-inflluence in places. It is not a bad thing.

I'm just tired of the Beatles being what everything in the fucking world is compared against.

Yeah I get that. They are damn good though

What's with the vocal effect on Amanda though? It almost sounds like Billie's under water. :lol:

I honestly think that the inspiration that we feel comes more from The Who, and yes, it's a wonderful thing.

Disappointed again.

They worked hard on this, and I feel it has great moments; but I can't stand the production in some songs (i.e. 8th Avenue Serenade, which was amongst my favorities before the three releases), the guitars seem almost absent in 3-4 tracks. Missing You, Drama Queen, X-Kid, Amanda, Walk Away happen to be weak instrumentally. Overall, 6.0/10 because Brutal Love and Dirty Rotten Bastards are milestones.

And too much pop.

Nothing is worse than having the songs on your iPod but not being able to listen 'till tomorrow..... :cry: Fuckin' exams!!

( my iPod is just like, " Come, come, listen to Tre! :P "

I can't believe you have that kind of self-control! Good for you taking your studies seriously. I remember back in the day having to sit through class and actually wait to get to a record store to buy a new album. It actually made the experience even more exciting since all the songs but the current hit were new and unheard.

Just spent a half hour downloading a 68.1 MB file and it won't even open. Please help

Kickass Torrents. :)

All right here goes my review:

Let me preface this by saying that Tre is far and away the best of the trilogy, possibly better than 21st Century Breakdown and definitely not far behind American Idiot. I still don't understand why they did a trilogy when they had this group of twelve songs and a handful of other great ones; it could have been an epic single album, but that's not something to worry about right now. I don't like going song by song in reviews but I'm not even really sure where to begin with this album. Brutal Love is breathtakingly good and as I write this I'm on my fifth listen to said track. It's the kind of song I imagine when a band says they are going to deviate from their normal songwriting genre and style. X-Kid is also a standout. Recently, after hearing the two minute or so preview, I said I was disappointed with the song, but I was wrong. The bridge in particular is so emotional I couldn't help but nod along and indulge my urge to strum the old air guitar. I'm not sure what to compare it to musically speaking, I guess it just sounds like a logical progression of Green Day, still using power chords but slower with beautiful harmonies that make you feel like you're floating as they go off. An earlier review said the album didn't feel cohesive which I really can't understand. In particular I think Bastards, Revolutions, and The Forgotten close out the album extremely well. They tumble through various paces and emotions and really summarize the whole trilogy pretty well. The band's cohesiveness is also on full display here, which I thought was missing in the first two records. Something about them felt far too Billie with not enough Mike and Tre. This time around we get several bass solos including a wild one in Dirty Rotten Bastards. Tre also controls quite a few breakdowns that really lead to climactic explosions. The guitar solos that appear don't feel nearly as forced in and just about every song goes on just about as long as it should. Whereas Uno had a tendency to drag on and Dos, not to go on enough, Tre fulfills the Goldilocks analogy by feeling just right. And let's not forget the lyrics. I haven't managed to decipher every single line, but I can say I'm yet to cringe which I couldn't even claim two songs into the previous two records.

On another note, I'm both frustrated and sad that this album probably won't sell as well as Uno. It deserves to be heard. It definitely deserves a single or two. If Uno got something like four singles and six videos, Tre might as well adapt all of the songs into some form of film.

As far as low points go, there aren't many. Missing You feels a little like a rehash, but it hits me in that sappy spot where all my guilty pleasures sit, so I can forgive it. While, I enjoy Drama Queen, I could see how some people feel it might be out of place on this album where it serves as an acoustic ballad in between numerous pop rock tracks. I don't really know what else to put in this category. I feel like I'm being too easy on the album based upon my low points, but I just can't find anything else to say and anyone who's read my first two reviews for this trilogy knows that I can be objective about the band. Anyhow, I can't imagine a Green Day fan from any era strongly disliking this work as a whole. Maybe people who preferred the punker days will shun Drama Queen and The Forgotten, but all in all, there's something for everyone.

Just to recap:

Uno!: 4/10

Dos!: 6/10

Tre!: 9/10

Overall Trilogy: 6.3/10, but really you could go much higher because there is something for everyone here, that's just essentially averaging my three ratings.

Realising while listening to Tre that all this excitement about the Trilogy has ended. makes me sad..

Archived