¡Tre! Streaming Tomorrow

redline punk

I told myself that I wouldn't listen to the streams before the Uno and Dos came out, but I caved in both times. This time, though, I am so excited for these songs that I won't listen to the streams. Based on the previews from Quatro, I think it will be worth the wait.

• Replies 678
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think you'll cave :)

You'll crack like my spine after a gaming session.

Nope, waiting for Uno and Dos was easy and this will be too. I have resolve of steel.

Why are they streaming it? What's the point of having a release date if you just stream it before it's "released"...

You say it like somehow a stream replaces owning a physical copy of the album...

Perhaps if you're happy with a low quality recording then just a rip of the stream will suffice, but not for me.

16-bit/44.1kHz is the bare minimum that I will do any serious listening at, a 320 kbps leak will suffice for a week until the release, but as soon as an album hits stores, it's CD or LP for me (or both if I like the band enough, and I definitely like Green Day enough :lol:)

A CD will provide higher quality audio than anything you can download off iTunes, and I generally stick to FLAC torrents. I'll spend an hour downloading an album at CD quality rather than wasting 15 minutes downloading an MP3.

I listened to the others, or parts of the others, early, but since this is the final part think i'm gonna wait too XD

Hadn't thought of that actually, even though I waited for the full thing with the other two we'd heard loads of bits and pieces beforehand so only about half the songs were a surprise. This one'll be extra good :D

You say it like somehow a stream replaces owning a physical copy of the album...

Perhaps if you're happy with a low quality recording then just a rip of the stream will suffice, but not for me.

16-bit/44.1kHz is the bare minimum that I will do any serious listening at, a 320 kbps leak will suffice for a week until the release, but as soon as an album hits stores, it's CD or LP for me (or both if I like the band enough, and I definitely like Green Day enough :lol:)

A CD will provide higher quality audio than anything you can download off iTunes, and I generally stick to FLAC torrents. I'll spend an hour downloading an album at CD quality rather than wasting 15 minutes downloading an MP3.

You do realize FLAC is not all that it cracked up to be right?

You do realize FLAC is not all that it cracked up to be right?

I will admit I did not realize that.

I was under the assumption that the best audio quality (other than the CD itself) was via FLAC or WAV

(This is strictly speaking of 16/44 files)

Why are they streaming it? What's the point of having a release date if you just stream it before it's "released"...

I think the same... :tired: it's almost like they ruin a surprise to me.

nobody's forcing anybody to listen to it you know lol

Thanks

my bad I didn't want to post that many times my phone's on drugs right now

Yeah it doesn't bother me that they're streaming it at all. If people wanna listen early they can listen and if they wanna wait they can wait, everyone's a winner.

I will listen to ¡Tré! once the UPS guys gives me my CD book on Friday :P No stream for me.

It comes with a life sized replica dildo.

of tres dick? to whom does the replicated dick shape spawn from?

I don't really know how having a high quality really related to what I said but okay.

I just don't understand why a band would set a release date for an album and then let everyone listen to it a week before it's released. It defeats the purpose of a release date in my opinion because you get to hear it anyway and it ruins the suspense, if you will. It just seems pointless to me and I personally don't like the idea.

I caved with Uno and Dos, and it did lessen the joy of it a little (could be that I just didn't like the albums as much...) so I've resolved not to listen to Tre. I think I will succeed this time. I didn't listen to the Drama Queen leak. I did watch Quatro though, and have efficiently raped the replay of X-Kid, Missing You, and DRB, but I'm still going to hold back.

That being said, I'm totally counting down till the stream because I can't wait to read everyone's reactions. It'll pump me up to hear descriptions of the songs we haven't heard yet, especially Brutal Love and whatever happens in the other 5 minutes of DRB :lol:

That being said, I'm totally counting down till the stream because I can't wait to read everyone's reactions. It'll pump me up to hear descriptions of the songs we haven't heard yet, especially Brutal Love and whatever happens in the other 5 minutes of DRB :lol:

Same here :lol:, it's great reading people raving about the new songs in advance. Makes the first listen even more exciting.

Same here :lol:, it's great reading people raving about the new songs in advance. Makes the first listen even more exciting.

yii raises the hype so high.

Fuck. Around 9:00 is when the leak goes live here in California...which means I have to be ready for school by then and pray to God that my friend picks me up at least around 9:45. If I don't listen to it before school I'm going to be impatient all day, and I absolutely hate watching the clock.

I wont be able to get the stream til 11 AM here, but I'll be in school, so I won't be listening til I get home.

Archived