Alice Cooper gives props to Green Day in new interview

Bolanic

Awesome. Love how Alice is down with Green Day. Not sure how rock 'n' roll being golfing buddies is though :P

l.jpg

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Honey Emerald

Not sure how rock 'n' roll being golfing buddies is though :P

Gotta get that swinging practice from somewhere... why not get it from something constructive like a Charity Golf Game?

Does anyone actually have the video I was referring to where Alice Cooper talks about how much he likes Basketcase/Good Riddance? It was some kind of VH1 Greatest All Time countdown but I don't know what exactly...

I love Alice Cooper! I kind of agree with him too. I know with my band that we try to stand out by rocking the fuck out and putting 110% into every live show we do.

I've never seen Green Day live but the Foo Fighters show I went to last year truly was epic. From what I've gathered in the millions of live videos of Green Day that I've seen, it is similar with them. It's disappointing to hear that these types of bands are the exception rather than the norm.

• 3 weeks later...

This is an old video but I'm not sure if people have seen it, I hadn't seen it before so I figured I'd post it here since there isn't a thread for "Famous People Giving Props to Green Day" :lol:

Skip to 1:40, Alice has some really nice things to say about why Green Day won the Grammy that year :D And again after 3 minute mark he mentions Green Day as great live performers.

http://youtu.be/ONmQCa4xG78

This is an old video but I'm not sure if people have seen it, I hadn't seen it before so I figured I'd post it here since there isn't a thread for "Famous People Giving Props to Green Day" :lol:

Skip to 1:40, Alice has some really nice things to say about why Green Day won the Grammy that year :D And again after 3 minute mark he mentions Green Day as great live performers.

Alice Cooper is a classy guy. WE'RE NOT WORTHY.

Although i appreciate him giving props to GD, folk music is not bad music, and to me indie folk is the best (Deer Tick, The Tallest Man On Earth). I really dont see folk in the same category as rock, maybe thats why i like it a lot. Tons of people at my school think they're cutting edge because they listen to bands like mumford and sons, fun, the lumineers and of monsters and men and say "oh they're so indie!" My reaction: :dry: i think those are the bands alice is talking about and i agree, but acts like Deer Tick and The Tallest Man On Earth are far more talented and are too good for mainstream radio.

I've always respected Alice Cooper and now I respect him even more :happy: GD haters can suck lemons :lol:

He speaks the truth though in my opinion,rock music in general is on a downward spiral especially here in the UK where the charts are dominated by R and B,pop and dance music ,bloody depressing I tell you.

Crotch and not the brain...dunno man I think Green Day do a bit of both and that's what makes them great...a complete lack of brain leads to umm Nightlife (sorry j/k!) ...great that they are getting praise though!

No Alice is saying rock is from the crotch

I have a feeling Alice was talkin bout Mumford...

Lol that's exactly what I was thinking. But Mumford and Sons doesn't really pretend to be rock. They're folk rock and they know it.

Archived