Family of a 17 year old Irish Green Day fan who died yesterday are trying to get a message from Green Day

Mellyboots

Don't really know how I feel about it either, likewise I'm shocked at how cynical some people are being.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm glad everyone else hates this idea too. Makes me feel like less of an asshole. It is very selfish (almost wrote shelfish, wtf am I doing up at 6 am?) of them, and a little too late

I'm glad everyone else hates this idea too. Makes me feel like less of an asshole. It is very selfish (almost wrote shelfish, wtf am I doing up at 6 am?) of them, and a little too late

Thinking this is a bad idea and having no tact or sympathy for the person who died are two different things, just saying.

Not doing it. Sorry. That'd be nice, but it'd draw too much attention to the family, and what would GD say? "Sorry, I'm sure he was a nice guy"?They didn't know this kid. Everyone dies. Big deal.

"Big deal"? That is a very hurtful to say. He was only 17, think before you post.

Thinking this is a bad idea and having no tact or sympathy for the person who died are two different things, just saying.

Oh, okay. Everyone dies. If I don't know the person, I don't know what they look like, I don't know what they're like, then I really don't care. If there was a discription of him saying he was a clean energy activist, with a loving wife, and he loved hockey, maybe if they characterized more, then it draw more attention and people would feel sorry. Am I supposed to feel something everytime someone dies? People die every second. I could be next. That's life. Just roll with it.

Awesome page own

Now you're just kind of coming off like a dick. Just because you don't know someone and are not directly affected by their death is hardly a reason to be callous about this family losing a very young relative. No doubt they have the best of intentions in wanting to do this, some people just handle the death of a loved one differently. That's not an invitation to start being rude about it.

I think it's pretty heartwarming that the family do everything to honor the funeral of their loved ones, even if they wouldn't success.

Now you're just kind of coming off like a dick. Just because you don't know someone and are not directly affected by their death is hardly a reason to be callous about this family losing a very young relative. No doubt they have the best of intentions in wanting to do this, some people just handle the death of a loved one differently. That's not an invitation to start being rude about it.

That's just who I am. That's how I've learned to deal with death in my family. It's part of life. There's no use in asking for attention like this. I'd love to get a video from Green Day too, but I'm not gonna go out asking for one if someone that I know dies. How is Green Day supposed to comfort them? There's plenty of other people in their life that can do that. Death is a personal thing and they shouldn't exploit his memory to the media to get Green Day's attention (exploit really isn't the right word to use, but I don't know what else to say. )

The thing is, I just can't imagine what Green Day could possibly say, not having known him, or really knowing anything about him. "RIP Kaelem" is about as much as anyone here could do; I'd imagine the same would go for Green Day...

The thing is, I just can't imagine what Green Day could possibly say, not having known him, or really knowing anything about him. "RIP Kaelem" is about as much as anyone here could do; I'd imagine the same would go for Green Day...

Exactly. What is Green Day gonna do? They didn't know him. They can't just go out and honor every fan that dies

Guest Honey Emerald

My condolences to Kaelem Hainsworth's family and friends. Is there any information on how Kaelem Hainsworth died?

As to a video of Green Day playing at the funeral... it is really up to Green Day at this point whether or not they do that if they get the message, it is not a decision that fans can make. However, I am in agreement... that playing a Green Day song at the funeral should be enough... If Kaelem Hainsworth's family and friends really know Kaelem Hainsworth... they would know that there was more to that person than just Green Day enjoyment and will hopefully take a look at those things also at the funeral.

Perhaps fans could constructively make suggestions on songs to play.

My condolences to Kaelem Hainsworth's family and friends. Is there any information on how Kaelem Hainsworth died?

As to a video of Green Day playing at the funeral... it is really up to Green Day at this point whether or not they do that if they get the message, it is not a decision that fans can make. However, I am in agreement... that playing a Green Day song at the funeral should be enough... If Kaelem Hainsworth's family and friends really know Kaelem Hainsworth... they would know that there was more to that person than just Green Day enjoyment and will hopefully take a look at those things also at the funeral.

Perhaps fans could constructively make suggestions on songs to play.

Ha Ha You're Dead? (that really wasn't funny. Sorry. ) [seriously, don't get mad at me for that] {seriously guys, only kidding. Don't flip at me. My humor is sick and twisted}

Guest Honey Emerald

An idea just came to me... Wouldn't it be nice if our favorite band made generic video messages and posted them on their website for things like birthdays/ funerals/ etc...? then fans who wanted to have them played at such events would be able to download them from the website... thus handling this situation and future situations involving these kinds of requests...

An idea just came to me... Wouldn't it be nice if our favorite band made generic video messages and posted them on their website for things like birthdays/ funerals/ etc...? then fans who wanted to have them played at such events would be able to download them from the website... thus handling this situation and future situations involving these kinds of requests...

...No. IMO that would be weird.

Meh... Seems like a marketing thing. They should charge money for the videos to be personalized too! "Congratulations on the birth of your baby boy/girl [insert name]!"

I don't even know how I feel about it. I was just asked to try and help out and I figured it couldn't hurt to try, even though I don't fully understand why the family would want this.

Sad news :( I feel sorry for the family :(

Ha Ha You're Dead? (that really wasn't funny. Sorry. ) [seriously, don't get mad at me for that] {seriously guys, only kidding. Don't flip at me. My humor is sick and twisted}

:mellow:

I don't even know how I feel about it. I was just asked to try and help out and I figured it couldn't hurt to try, even though I don't fully understand why the family would want this.

Don't feel bad. I'm sure plenty of people chose to help. Nobody's hating on you. Chill bro! :P

Green day could pull a "Reject" move, and send a video of them playing Ha Ha, You're Dead, or do a live stream to the funeral that way everyone there sees it. That'd be really mean and everyone would hate Green Day :P

Guest Honey Emerald

Don't feel bad. I'm sure plenty of people chose to help. Nobody's hating on you. Chill bro! :P

Green day could pull a "Reject" move, and send a video of them playing Ha Ha, You're Dead, or do a live stream to the funeral that way everyone there sees it. That'd be really mean and everyone would hate Green Day :P

LOL I was thinking Poprocks and Coke for the sense of painful irony...

LOL I was thinking Poprocks and Coke for the sense of painful irony...

Oh, dear. Green Day fans :lol:.

Guest Honey Emerald

Meh... Seems like a marketing thing. They should charge money for the videos to be personalized too! "Congratulations on the birth of your baby boy/girl [insert name]!"

It's not a marketing thing if it is made generic, free and put on youtube...

Why do people look down at marketing anyway? Don't they want things that interest them to be shared?

It's not a marketing thing if it is made generic, free and put on youtube...

Why do people look down at marketing anyway? Don't they want things that interest them to be shared?

Not at the cost of their dignity.

I just think it is weird because making a generic video like that would be so... Well, generic. It seems to me if you ewre gonna use a video like that at all it would be a time when you would want it to be meaningful. They can't say anything personal or really meaningful at all in a generic message. What would they say?

Come on, this is pathetic!

I know I'm being controversiel, because someone died young, but as somone else said, everybody dies.

I think there's a huge difference between this and the boy with terminal brain cancer. The difference is that one of the kids' parents asked for Green Day's attention while their kid was alive, the other ones asked when he was dead. Yes, there you have it, the guy who actually would appreciate the attention of Green Day is dead, so what is the real point? Btw, rest in peace to our fellow fan.

When I die, surely I will want a Green Day tune played at my funeral because it shows a big part of my life, but to ask three busy strangers from around the world to film some emotional eulogy for a kid they didn't even know, is just pathetic and inappropiate. I also think it puts Green Day in a really arkward position, because we know they love their fans, but when they say they love their fans, it's not meant as individual or personal love for each and every one, but love for the community of people supporting them. I think we saw how arkward they feel about being put in a displayed involuntary emotional position with a fan, when that die-hard fan guy won an interview with them on TV years back.

Don't retweet this people, seriously, it's not gonna happen anyway, but better Green Day doesn't even see it, so they don't feel any pressure from the fans, it's not fair.

Good for them trying to do what the kid would have loved but yea its kind of an awkward position to put the band in..I just dont get why people are soo harsh about it haha We could make a video of a live sacrifice of Tman684 and send it to the family with green days the forgotten playing in the background!

Guest Honey Emerald

Not at the cost of their dignity.

I just think it is weird because making a generic video like that would be so... Well, generic. It seems to me if you ewre gonna use a video like that at all it would be a time when you would want it to be meaningful. They can't say anything personal or really meaningful at all in a generic message. What would they say?

Green Day says meaningful things in a generic message at every concert... it is certainly possible for them to do the same thing in a generic video... plus if they felt like it... the video could be updated once in a while. The thought I am having though is that so many people want messages from their favorite band for special events that nearly every fan has in their life... so why not make something for those events. It is no longer reasonable to do personalized messages for every one that comes along asking for one... yet those special events are very important... it wouldn't hurt to recognize that.

Personally I don't like the idea of a funeral video... but videos for weddings/ birthdays that could be downloaded free from the internet... that would be neat.

Archived