Green Day Songs Dookiefied®

Dookiefied

Good job... but it doesn't sound all that different from the original to the point where it's kind of unnecessary to throw in the Dookie elements. So I would just call that a good cover of Lazy Bones.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, I say again, "Dookified" is a total misnomer to draw listens. They're just covers.

Yeah, I say again, "Dookified" is a total misnomer to draw listens. They're just covers.

Why wouldn't I want to attract listeners? Don't all musicians? And who ever claimed they're anything than "just" covers? I sure didn't. I do however try to make them sound "dookish" to the best of my ability and have fun with it, but if that isn't good enough for you then I'm sorry, you don't have to listen I guess.

Good job... but it doesn't sound all that different from the original to the point where it's kind of unnecessary to throw in the Dookie elements. So I would just call that a good cover of Lazy Bones.

Thank you :)

It doesn't sound too different, I agree. I kind of did it my own way this time without limiting myself to anything. I just love the song and wanted to get it out of my system. Next song will be VERY different from the original tho. :)

This one doesn't sound too much different. It still sounds good though.

As long as your having fun doing it. that's the important thing. :)

If it's a cover in "Dookie style," I don't think the name is necessarily inaccurate. Ultimately he's just having fun doing something he loves, so I don't see the problem with giving the type of cover he's doing a name. It's not hurting anyone. And it's still better than anything most of us could probably do. :happy:

Apparently I was too mean. I would say sorry, but nope. Carry on.

This one doesn't sound too much different. It still sounds good though.

As long as your having fun doing it. that's the important thing. :)

Thank you for the support :) I love doing this and I love sharing it with you.

That's it, I like your vocals now. Ripping em all to itunes. <3

Haha, awesome. Gp right ahead :)

dookiefied.png

the cover for your album in my itunes ;)

That's awesome! One guy did a really cool "Dookiefied" cover art that he posted on the facebook page. Don't know how to link to the specifik post but its in the section where other people made posts. Hope you understand what I mean. https://www.facebook.com/HeartsAtWar

If it's a cover in "Dookie style," I don't think the name is necessarily inaccurate. Ultimately he's just having fun doing something he loves, so I don't see the problem with giving the type of cover he's doing a name. It's not hurting anyone. And it's still better than anything most of us could probably do. :happy:

Exactly Alissa. That's what I've been trying to say. Thank you for showing your support :)

I think Missing You would be great!

I think almost all of Tré would be great. Oh baby I love this album :D

I think almost all of Tré would be great. Oh baby I love this album :D

PLEASE do Missing You. The bassline in that is perfect, and I love the way you play bass and the way you mix the bass into the song. I'd love to see what you can do with this. Little Boy Named Train, 99 Revolutions, and Amanda I could also see. Maybe Walk Away

I hear you Tman, I promise, will do. Tré is my favorite album right now so I'm gonna dookify the shit out of it haha.

Meanwhile, I recorded this cover of When I Come Around with a kid that started playing drums not too long ago. He's still struggling with his timing a bit but I think he's brilliant concidering he hasn't been playing so long. I did the rest, guitars, bass and vocals (in one take). Sounds pretty raw but I kinda like that. Gives it a live feeling. :)

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/23411105/When%20I%20Come%20Around%20%28Watnan_Shatterhand%29.mp3

I love the RAW! I like ear sex as rough as possible. It's awesome!

This is kinda gross, so beware

It's like my ear has been bound, gagged, and raped with a strap-on

can I have a download link for that please?

I love the RAW! I like ear sex as rough as possible. It's awesome!

This is kinda gross, so beware

It's like my ear has been bound, gagged, and raped with a strap-on

can I have a download link for that please?

Haha you crazy son of a gun :)

You're awesome, you actually turned "The Forgotten" into a great song! Same for "Kill the DJ" and everything else you've done, keep up the great work! :thumbsup:

Did you record it?

Nah, I just casually did it while jamming with my brother. The C-to-B transition didn't sound nice. Only did as far as the pre-chorus before getting bored and blasting through Who Wrote Holden Caulfield :P

You can always change the chord arrangement and skip a chord :)

I had thought about it, but it always sounds off to me. Whenever I mess around punking up songs like When It's Time or Freebird, I always leave those progressions in, they sound good. There was just something about Drama Queen that wasn't quite right. Anyway, maybe you'll get it :P

Archived