Green Day Songs Dookiefied®

Dookiefied

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is what I wanted the trilogy to sound like. exactly like this. Thank you.

I really didn't realize how much tambourine they use in these songs until you added the Dookie guitars... :mellow:

I really didn't realize how much tambourine they use in these songs until you added the Dookie guitars... :mellow:

Haha, now that you mention it I can't stop noticing it. The whole song is just one big tambourine to me now lol.

Haha, now that you mention it I can't stop noticing it. The whole song is just one big tambourine to me now lol.

You can't really notice it with the less amplified guitars, but when you add them in it's so obvious. I really wanted a louder sound for the trilogy, not necessarily a "Dookie" sound, but just... I don't know, something heavier than what we got, not all the tambourines and stuff. (Sorry for my lack of technical terms, but I know absolutely nothing about making music...) I still love the trilogy, don't get me wrong, but it really has a "Warning" vibe to it, more than I think I expected.

You can't really notice it with the less amplified guitars, but when you add them in it's so obvious. I really wanted a louder sound for the trilogy, not necessarily a "Dookie" sound, but just... I don't know, something heavier than what we got, not all the tambourines and stuff. (Sorry for my lack of technical terms, but I know absolutely nothing about making music...) I still love the trilogy, don't get me wrong, but it really has a "Warning" vibe to it, more than I think I expected.

I am totally with you on that :)

Moving this to the Green Day chat forum so more people can check this out. I posted about your videos on GDA today. I really dig them.

I'm not the biggest fan of your Dookiefied songs, but I really like these guitar covers you're putting up. Mind doing Sex, Drugs & Violence or Little Boy Named Train?

Thank you for the promotion Andres, it's really awesome and something I did not expect at all. A bit sad to read so many pessimistic and agressive comments tho about the Dookiefied project. People seem to really have misunderstood this thing. Glad to see tho that the subscribtions on my Youtube channel is skyrocketing and keep getting thousands of views so it can't be all that bad :)

Once again, thank you so much for the support Andres!

Thank you for the promotion Andres, it's really awesome and something I did not expect at all. A bit sad to read so many pessimistic and agressive comments tho about the Dookiefied project. People seem to really have misunderstood this thing. Glad to see tho that the subscribtions on my Youtube channel is skyrocketing and keep getting thousands of views so it can't be all that bad :)

Once again, thank you so much for the support Andres!

I'm one of those that don't really "dig" it. It's not out of some personaly vendetta against you, please don't think that. I just get so exhausted by the Dookie fanclub and these just so happen to be "Dookiefied" songs!!

You should branch out more though. If you insist on doing Green Day songs in older styles pull out something like Nimrod-ish, or make a Dookie song sound like American Idiot! THAT would be a challenge, to get that big of a sound from those light songs.

You CLEARLY have a lot of talent when it comes to getting a sound you want from a guitar, as well as mixing and mastering. The mixing has me jealous I will admit. So why not do some original songs? You have a decent enough voice and express more than enough knowledge in music to do it. Personally, I'm not in a band now and would kill to do anything, even a Green Day cover group, but I always write my own songs at home so it's hard for me to understand why you don't do it. Are you worried they'll sound too much like GD and people will call you a knock off?

As I said from the start, it's pretty neat and you pull it off well, but it may be just a bit rude to the group. I have no real idea as to how they'd take it, I don't know them personally. ;]

Am I the only one that thinks that it's just plain rude to do this? Why can't people move on, stop living in the past. Green Day create new music to keep fans happy, if everyone just wants to hear Dookie over and over and over again, there's no point in them being around today if everyone wants that.

Btw, no hate intended. I just think it's a slight snub in the face of Green Day, while I respect other people enjoy these covers, I'd just like like to keep the trilogy versions I have.

Sorry if I hurt your feelings, I'm just stating my opinion :)

This is what I wanted the trilogy to sound like. exactly like this. Thank you.

Me too :). The combination of cleaner tone with heavy tone is almost perfect.

Am I the only one that thinks that it's just plain rude to do this? Why can't people move on, stop living in the past. Green Day create new music to keep fans happy, if everyone just wants to hear Dookie over and over and over again, there's no point in them being around today if everyone wants that.

Btw, no hate intended. I just think it's a slight snub in the face of Green Day, while I respect other people enjoy these covers, I'd just like like to keep the trilogy versions I have.

Sorry if I hurt your feelings, I'm just stating my opinion :)

How the fuck is it a snub? People cover Green Day songs all the time, they don't always sound like the original. You still have the original, you can still listen to it, these covers didn't replace those. People need to stop acting like a cover somehow managed to take away their birthday.

How the fuck is it a snub? People cover Green Day songs all the time, they don't always sound like the original. You still have the original, you can still listen to it, these covers didn't replace those. People need to stop acting like a cover somehow managed to take away their birthday.

They don't intend to make it sound different though. Please, I know you're a fan of these and I respect that, I just personally think it's a bit rude.

No, and that's exactly my point, if people want to listen to these, that's fine. But I personally prefer the originals :)

They don't intend to make it sound different though. Please, I know you're a fan of these and I respect that, I just personally think it's a bit rude.

No, and that's exactly my point, if people want to listen to these, that's fine. But I personally prefer the originals :)

but calling it *rude* is a bit over the top..

but calling it *rude* is a bit over the top...

How could it get any more under the top than by saying "it's a bit rude"?? XD

I do have my own music. I have been doing music since 1995-96 actually and have refused to do covers before. I have always thought that recording covers would be a cheap way to get attention to your own music, but recently I have started to let go of that principle because now I am actually enjoying doing and I do it for no other reason than pure joy and I see a lot of people enjoy these covers too which in turn makes me feed off of the positive energy and motivates me to do more music.

I understand not everyone will like it. I have been doing music so long that I stopped being naive and it takes a lot to hurt my feelings. If I didnt believe in my own capabilities I wouldnt be doing this after 15 or so years :)

And I think people put too much thought into this Dookify thing. Yeah I love Dookie. It changed my life. I'm not sure you guys can understand how much this record means to many of us who were teenagers back in 94. It's crazy. But still, this is just a fun thing and totally innocent. In no way do I or could I in any way compete with Green Day or even come close. I have my own sound and I don't think I sound too much like Billie, nor do I wish I did. I am my own person and I just love Green Day and love doing music. Please, just take it for what it is. If you think it sucks thats totally fine but you dont have to make politics out of this...if you know what I mean :)

My own music...

This song is about autism

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWwAkrm7SQo

Hey, "Nathalie" is cool! And I like many of the Dookiefied versions, they sound fresh and young.

Hey, "Nathalie" is cool! And I like many of the Dookiefied versions, they sound fresh and young.

Thank you. Glad to hear that :)

Currently working on another Dookiefied cover.

So you think you can sing? Give it a try. Sing along to our Dookie version of Stray Heart and if you know how, record it and post it on our Facebook page to COMPETE FOR A CHANCE TO SING ON OUR NEXT DOOKIEFIED COVER. :) If you can do a video and upload to your Youtube channel it's even cooler. Share the joy >_<

http://youtu.be/9EDTdM9XbQo

I wish I could :( The crowd would start to throw rotten vegetables if I ever get chosen to sing Longview on stage :lol: Would be worth it, though :ninja:

And is it me or does it kinda sound like Letterbomb?

Archived