Let's promote ¡Dos! ourselves!

Fuzz

My two local record stores took posters off me to put on the window and I graced the bus stop with Green Day's beauty! The guy in the record store was really shocked 'Two albums??!!' and even more surprised when I exampled it was a trilogy! It's strange he didn't know about Dos! and Tre! when he has a huge Uno! poster in the window already!

I also ranted on about Dos! on my local radio station.

I don't think my contribution will make that much of a difference but if I got even one person into Green Day from a poster it's worth something!

Well done with the posters guys they looked really professional! :D

That's awesome!!! Nice work!!! :D :D

• Replies 494
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does anybody have a transparent image of Mike's head from the cover?

I think we should also take over instagram! Post the pictures from the first post of the thread with #GreenDayDos

I know many of you have been concerned about the promotions for ¡Dos!, especially with the band out of the spotlight. So lets promote the album ourselves!

What we need? Designs! Can someone make some images with the album cover that saying "New Green Day album coming November 13th" so that we can share them across social media.

I want us to get the word out as much as we can. I'll be pushing for it on GDA's accounts. Lets get a grassroots effort going to try and make as many people as possible aware this album is coming in just 2 weeks.

Give me your ideas on how else we can further promote this.

Items to share

Facebook Cover Art

(made by Matt)

Tweets

iTunes order info

"Coming November 13th" Artwork

(by Maria Gloria)

"Coming November 9th" Artwork (for some international countries)

(by Maria Gloria)

Happy Halloween

Most liked post ever! :thumbsup:

Wow, okay, you know what I'm going to do? I'm going to print out a hundred Dos flyers and paste them EVERYWHERE across Vancouver. It will be AMAZING. AMAZING AMAZING AMAZING. I am SO PUMPED FOR THIS. I wish I didn't have so much homework... OH WELL!

My two local record stores took posters off me to put on the window and I graced the bus stop with Green Day's beauty! The guy in the record store was really shocked 'Two albums??!!' and even more surprised when I exampled it was a trilogy! It's strange he didn't know about Dos! and Tre! when he has a huge Uno! poster in the window already!

I don't think my contribution will make that much of a difference but if I got even one person into Green Day from a poster it's worth something!

you should take a photo of the poster in the window!

Change of plans! My radio show will be November 17th instead of November 10th. My work schedule changed on me at the last minute. Listen to the show at blacksquirrelradio.com from 10 p.m.-midnight (EST) for two hours of Green Day!

I so blame the creation of this thread for my lack of doing homework. My brain for the past week.

Finish ¡Dos! Drawing >>>>>>>>>>>>>> do homework.

Thanks Andres, I completely blame you <3

One another note, I'll have the ¡Dos! drawing posted tomorrow, and maybe the time lapse video to go with it. Next up ¡Tré! cause you can't just do 1 of 3 albums.

just made this for my facebook fan page :) nothing special but feel free to use it if you like it

2djnuoh.jpg

I just don't get why Warner won't fucking promote ¡Dos! Does anyone know why?

Not that it will probably make a huge impact this late in the game but have just noticed that Stray Heart is on Kerrang Radio's A List which means it will receive regular airplay on the radio.

Not that it will probably make a huge impact this late in the game but have just noticed that Stray Heart is on Kerrang Radio's A List which means it will receive regular airplay on the radio.

thats awesome! Oh Love was one of the most played songs in the last few weeks here in germany (with other songs from rihanna and this stuff -.- )

but i never heard stray heart :( would be great to here it in radio for atleast one time :)

If someone wants to do some Belgian promotion for the Stray Heart single:

1. Go here: http://www.stubru.be/programmas/deafrekening/jouwtopdrie

2. 'Artiest' is Artist. So type Green Day there. 'Titel' is the song title, so type Stray Heart there.

3. Do this three times. This is a top 3 you're sending in, but you can put Stray Heart as 1st, 2nd and 3rd.

4. 'Naam + Voornaam' is your full name.

5. 'Telefoonnummer' is your phone number (in case you win something). Don't worry, they probably won't call you if you're not from Belgium.

6. Repeat for as many times as you wish.

This is for a top list, which also kinda determines how often a song is played on the radio.

I just don't get why Warner won't fucking promote ¡Dos! Does anyone know why?

yes, they are dumbshits

this is my exact philosophy too! i put up a ton of fliers and am going on my local radio station to do an inter view about it! If everyone got one more person to buy it, do the math, thats twice as many sales!

What the hell is wrong with people in the GDA comment section? People are so ignorant, man.

You really would think Warner would be heavily promoting the albums. Considering they get most of the profits from album sales and Green Day is one of their biggest artists, and doing one of the biggest things i their career.

Labels dont like to promote things when they dont have a band to do shows and interviews to follow up on promotions...

Archived