Fan participation during tour

St3veHimself

I was wondering and hoping that green day has fan participation during the tour again. Singing Longview, playing guitar for Jesus of Suburbia to name a few. My thought was if they do do it again, what songs would they choose or would they keep it the same? Thoughts?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was wondering and hoping that green day has fan participation during the tour again. Singing Longview, playing guitar for Jesus of Suburbia to name a few. My thought was if they do do it again, what songs would they choose or would they keep it the same? Thoughts?

Drums during Platypus.

In some interview Billie Joe said they're not sure if they'll keep doing that anymore... :ermm:

In some interview Billie Joe said they're not sure if they'll keep doing that anymore... :ermm:

Did he give some sort of reason?? I like the fan participation!:)

Did he give some sort of reason?? I like the fan participation! :)

No, but they're unpredictable! I think that he wasn't really serious like "NO more people on stage" or anything like that... :)

Knowledge is fun. I hope they stop doing Longview cause nobody wants to listen to people that can't sing and don't know the lyrics do longview, although I'm sure they must be very nervous playing longview on stage next to GD and 20,000 people.

I've been listening to it since I was 12, but I got up to sing Longview when I saw this Green Day cover band and I forgot the words. Sometimes your mind just goes blank! It's like when someone asks if you know any jokes and you can't think of any. I'd love them to bring back the "make a new band onstage" thing for Knowledge.

I would just like it if Billie would cut some "hey-oooo"s out so they can play more songs in their sets...

I would just like it if Billie would cut some "hey-oooo"s out so they can play more songs in their sets...

agreed

Yeah. He can make the audience sing more songs instead of repeating HEY-OH so freaking much :P

NOOOOOOOO!!! I love that! It keeps the energy going. And I love that Billie can have that many people eating out of the palm of his hand at any given time. Haha

I want them to keep it! This February will be my first time seeing them, and not guaranteeing I'll get on stage, I think it's really cool that they do that!

I think there just gonna stop with the Longview singing.

Can't wait to see the new setlist, expecting some major changes.

NOOOOOOOO!!! I love that! It keeps the energy going. And I love that Billie can have that many people eating out of the palm of his hand at any given time. Haha

I think it's pretty amazing that they have that much control over their audience :) I LOVE it. :wub:

I think there just gonna stop with the Longview singing.

Can't wait to see the new setlist, expecting some major changes.

This, it'll be interesting to see what happens on account of 36 new songs being released

oh wow I really need to start learning Long View word for word, because I have floor seats and I want to get on stage to sing ( if they are still doing that) :dance:

Man am I glad someone finally said it.

I like fan participation though. Adds something to the shows I think. I don't mind hearing messed up lyrics to Longview because it gives everyone a good laugh.

I don't know if anyone else went to the Pittsburgh show in July of 2009 but the kid that got up to sing it was hilarious. Billie was telling him to stage dive and he had no idea so he would just run to the end of the stage and jump up and down. It was a good time.

oh wow I really need to start learning Long View word for word, because I have floor seats and I want to get on stage to sing ( if they are still doing that) :dance:

He started whispering the lyrics in people's ears before they sang at some of the shows. I think the problem was that people wanted to sing the first verse against when they were supposed to be on the second verse.

I think fan participation is so fucking awesome.. I mean it makes the show even more worthy of going, whether you're going on stage or somebody else is going on stage.. Its like they said, they wanna treat fans like they're friends! (: and I love that ♥

Man am I glad someone finally said it.

I like fan participation though. Adds something to the shows I think. I don't mind hearing messed up lyrics to Longview because it gives everyone a good laugh.

I don't know if anyone else went to the Pittsburgh show in July of 2009 but the kid that got up to sing it was hilarious. Billie was telling him to stage dive and he had no idea so he would just run to the end of the stage and jump up and down. It was a good time.

He started whispering the lyrics in people's ears before they sang at some of the shows. I think the problem was that people wanted to sing the first verse against when they were supposed to be on the second verse.

oh really thats cool i guess once you get up there and you see all those people you just forget everything sometimes. I would be nervous out of my mind, one i'm playing with green day, and two there is only over a thousand people there no biggy jk I would be freaking out :mellow: lol :happy: .

I think that they should keep doing it because I haven't gotten a guitar from Billie yet. :P

I personally don't mind all the fan participation, It definatly adds more to the show. I do agree however, that it gets to be a bit much sometimes.

more fan participation -> longer songs

new albums -> more songs

longer songs + more songs = longer concerts

I went to 4 shows this year, and once they had a guy play she on guitar (he got to keep it) and once, they did the knowledge band thing, while once they played knowledge like Op Ivy used to. It's more of an unpredictable thing now.

I remember an interview with Billie from this year in which he stated that they want to reduce show elements to have a little more music and to have a show production that fits any stage and venue, not just the big ones like for 21st CB. Concerning the fans on stage he said they'd still do it, but not for every show to keep things fun and interesting.

Archived