Most underrated/under appreciated Green Day song on each album

desecrator09

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

American Idiot: too many. Letterbomb, Whatsername, Homecoming, etc.

Pretty sure most people love all of those songs though.

All the trilogy is fucking underrated... Damn it gets me mad.

Those records have A LOT of awesomes songs that in my opinion can be 'All time favorites'.

C'mon.. Just hear Rusty James, Fell For You, Wild One, Stray Heart, X-Kid or Brutal Love for a bit.. 10/10 Songs right there.

Kerplunk: "Words I might have Ate". When you ask most fans about this album, the only song they would know is Christie Road (or they wouldn't know any). Words

I might have Ate is a song with good lyrics and it sounds even better on acoustic.

Dookie: "Emenius Sleepus". My favourite song on Dookie (at the moment). I love the lyrics. It speaks about meeting an old friend and how this friend reminded

the writer of how they used to be in the past. I also love the drum section near the end.

Nimrod: Scattered. Should've been a single and everybody knows it, but it is still a pretty popular song so I'm not sure if it fits here. meh.

Second option is "Worry Rock" or "Haushinka".

Warning: "Jackass". Always loved this song's melody. Reminds me of a Beatle's song.

American Idiot: "Extraordinary Girl". I think most of us were turned off by the intro, but once you get passed that its a great song.

21st Century Breakdown: "Last Night on Earth" is really under-appreciated and its a great song. I love a good ballad.

Bonus Songs on 21st Century Breakdown: "Heart's Collide" and especially "Light's Out". Both really under-appreciated songs. I think that Heart's Collide could have

been a good song for Uno and Lights Out for Tre. Too bad they were wasted as bonuses.

Uno: "Fell For You". My favourite song on Uno. Classic corny love song that I love.

Dos: "Wild One". Too lazy to come up with more shit to write.

Tre: "8th Avenue Serenade"

• 5 months later...

39/Smooth I will count as 1,039/Smoothed Out Slappy Hours

1,039/Smoothed Out Slappy Hours: 409 In Your Coffeemaker ; Every song on this album is underrated, but I think "409 In Your Coffeemaker" takes the cake.

Kerplunk!: One For the Razorbacks ; I don't know, I just really like this song

Dookie: F.O.D. ; We all have someone in our lives who we want to F.O.D., I find this to be one of the most relatable Green Day songs.

Insomniac: Stuck With me ; Yes, it's a single. But who ever talks about it? I think it's the best Green Day song in general and I can relate to it. (I suck at sticking up for myself)

Nimrod: Jinx ; Awesome song about messing up. (It's about messing up, right?)

Warning: Deadbeat Holiday ; Why wasn't this a single?

American Idiot: Extraordinary Girl ; What Bob2123 said.

21st Century Breakdown: Murder City ; I really only like 4 or 5 songs on 21CB, "Murder City" is one of them.

Uno!: Rusty James ; Based on a book I really like. And the chorus is just awesome.

Dos!: Makeout Party ; My third favorite on the entire trilogy!

Tré!: Amanda ; Reminds me of a certain Amanda I know. You know what I mean ;)

1,039/SOSH - Dry Ice

Kerplunk! - Private Ale

Dookie - In The End

Insomniac - Stuart and the Ave

Nimrod - Scattered

Warning: - Jackass

American Idiot - Give Me Novacaine

21st CB - The Static Age

Uno - Carpe Diem

Dos - Baby Eyes

Tre - Walk Away

39/Smooth: Disappearing Boy

Kerplunk: No One Knows

Dookie: Pulling Teeth

Insomniac: Stuart and the Ave

Nimrod: Scattered / Jinx

Warning: Headbeat Holiday

American Idiot: Extraordinary Girl

21CB: Horseshoes And Handgrenades

¡Uno!: Fell For You

¡Dos!: Lady Cobra

¡Tré! : Missing You

39/Smooth: The One That I Want

Kerplunk: One For The Razorbacks

Dookie: Pulling Teeth

Insomniac: Stuart and the Ave

Nimrod: Worry Rock

Warning: Church On Sunday

American Idiot: Are We The Waiting

21CB: See The Light

¡Uno!: Sweet 16

¡Dos!: Lady Cobra

¡Tré! : Walk Away

Some of these aren't my favorite songs from the album, just what I believe to be the most underrated.

1,039 - "I Want to Be Alone"

It's not my fav on the record but I do think it's great and I don't hear it get enough praise. I do identify with this song sometimes

Kerplunk - "Private Ale"

Kinda the same story as "I Want to Be Alone"

Dookie - "Sassafras Roots"

This is actually my fav on Dookie, and again, I don't hear it get enough praise. This was actually my fav song for the longest time

Insomniac - "Tight Wad Hill"

Again, not my fav on the album but I think it's pretty good and deserves more attention, by fans and during live shows

Nimrod - "Redundant"

My fav on the album. It was a fucking single but it wasn't that popular, which I think is shitty, it's a great tune!

Warning - "Macy's Day Parade"

Same story as "Redundant", except I'm not sure if it's my fav on the album

American Idiot - "Extraordinary Girl"

I hear tons of people bash on this song, but it's actually one of my favs on this album

21st Century Breakdown - "Christian's Inferno"

Same story as "Extraordinary Girl"

Trilogy - None

It basically all sucks :P

Oh Love is so underrated. It's a great song and it sounds great live. Plus the solo is so awesome and fun to play.

39/Smooth - Don't Leave Me

Kerplunk - No One Knows

Dookie - Pulling Teeth

Insomniac - Westbound Sign

Nimrod - Walking Alone

Warning - Blood, Sex & Booze

American Idiot - Whatsername

21st Century Breakdown - Murder City

Uno - Stay The Night

Dos - Baby Eyes

Tre - 8th Avenue Serenade

39/Smooth - The Judges Daughter

Kerplunk - No One Knows

Dookie - Having a Blast

Insomniac - Jaded

Nimrod - Reject

Warning - Castaway

21st Century Breakdown - Horseshoes and Handgrenades

Uno - Fell for You

Dos - Makeout Party

Tre - 8th Avenue Serenade

39/smooth- dont leave me

Kerplunk- Who wrote Holden Caulfield

Dookie- chump

Insomniac- Babs Uvula who

Nimrod- Prostetic Head

Warning- Blood Sex and Booze

American Idiot- Extraordinary Girl

21st Century Breakdown- Viva la Gloria [little girl]

Uno- Rusty James

Dos- Baby Eyes

Tre- 8th Avenue Serenade

39/smooth- The Judge's Daughter

Kerplunk- Who Wrote Holden Caulfield

Dookie- Emenius Sleepus

Insomniac- Westbound Sign

Nimrod- Walking Alone

Warning- Deadbeat Holiday

Shenanigans- Sick Of Me

American Idiot- Whatsername

21st Century Breakdown- The Static Age

Uno- Loss Of Control

Dos- Baby Eyes

Tre- Brutal Love

1039 Smoothed Out Slappy Hours - The Judge's Daughter

Kerplunk - No One Knows (One of the most underrated GD songs ever)

Dookie - Pulling Teeth

Insomniac - Panic Song

Nimrod - Uptight

Warning - Jackass

21st Century Breakdown - iViva La Gloria!

Uno - Loss of Control

Dos - Stray Heart

Tre - Dirty Rotten Bastards

Okay, so I kind of have a lot. Some of what I wrote really does sound rather stupid, but, bear with me. (I'll finish this when I have time.)

1,039 Smoothed Out/Slappy Hours - 16 or At The Library

Kerplunk - Who Wrote Holden Caulfield

Dookie - Having A Blast

Insomniac - Westbound Sign

Nimrod - Redundant and Prosthetic Head

Warning - Church on Sunday, Macy's Day Parade, and Misery

American Idiot - Letterbomb and HOMECOMING. I honestly think the latter is better than JoS. And Whatsername is underrated too. - The first song, well, I like the angry energy that it has, and I think the point it represents in JoS's story is a very crucial one. Homecoming is a song that I was really truly obsessed with for a while. Even though it's essentially a mash-up of five very different songs, there's a sort of harmony to its disorganized-ness and it depicts really the end of AI. Whatsername is one of the only songs that can make me sob like a baby. I love the alternating soft parts and loud ones. like a conversation. There's a power to that strength, and it's depressing and relatable, even more so than many other fantastic songs off AI.It's grounded and the pain and regret is so real. I would also include When It's Time if I could, mostly because it's not very well known and is simple and direct, and sweet.

21st Century Breakdown - Restless Heart Syndrome, Horseshoes and Handgrenades, American Eulogy, Before The Lobotomy, and See The Light - RHS is downright heartwrenching and about the pain one has to deal with after addiction to prescription drugs. What's not to love? I think HaH is really underrated because that dirty guitar sound is something that GD wasn't doing much at this point in their career and HaH is just an extremely good nihilistic song to listen to when you feel livid. American Eulogy I think deserves more recognition because it's the only "medley" song that GD put on 21stCB. Plus, it's very invigorating to listen to. I would also put The Static Age on here--I don't know why, but I think it belongs. See The Light is such a wonderfully--well, I can't find the word--hopeful and uplifting, yet sad. It's like the light at the end of the tunnel, the end of the beginning.

¡Uno! - Carpe Diem, Angel Blue, Troublemaker, or Loss of Control Really, most of ¡Uno! (my favorite album of the three) and, the trilogy in general, is criminally underrated. I honestly think the only REALLY cringe-worthy track on the trilogy is Nightlife. I want to burn that song with fire and then deposit its ashes in a deep-sea trench. - I like this entire album and think the whole thing is underrated because I really like how the guys took the classic GD sound (referring to post-Warning GD) and tweaked it just a little. This album honestly just sounds like regular GD. And that sound is what drew me to them at first.

¡Dos! - Wild One or Baby Eyes - While I like Stray Heart a lot, I don't think that it should've been the only single (I think it was, right?) off the album. And, since I really do loathe Nightlife and Lady Cobra, I would have to go with either Wild One or Baby Eyes. I like the wild party-ish groove (God I sound weird) they've got going on.

¡Tré! - X-Kid, Walk Away, Dirty Rotten Bastards, or The Forgotten - The first two I really find very emotionally moving and even though X-Kid got its own music video (a kid of crappy one, but, nonetheless, a video), I feel like that song has a sort of slightly beachy vibe but, at the same time, is so plaintive. DRB I think some might dismiss because it's a bit of a mess of a song, but it's really fun to sing along to and I like the energy it has (I admit this is a lame reason, but, moving on). I've seen loads of GD fans diss The Forgotten just because it was in 'Twilight'. Yeah, I honestly detest 'Twilight' as much as the next person (i.e. vehemently) but that's not the only thing that makes the song what it is. It's certainly not a masterpiece like JoS, but it's so mournful and moving (and sappy too, but it's still pretty good) that I think it can stand on its own without the 'Twilight' association.

1,039 - Don't Leave Me

Kerplunk - 80/Words I might Have Ate

(Sweet Children EP)

Dookie - Having a Blast

Insomniac - Bab's Uvula Who?

Nimrod - Prosthetic Head

Warning - Jackass/Hold On

American Idiot - Extraordinary Girl

21CB - Restless Heart Syndrome/Little Girl

Uno - Angel Blue

Dos - (Most underrated GD song of all time) Lady Cobra

Tre - Missing You

• 1 month later...

1039:The one that I want

Kerplunk:Android

Dookie:Coming Clean

Insomnia:86

Nimrod:Worry Rock

Warning:Waiting

American Idiot:Letterbomb and Give me Novocaine

21st Century Breakdown:peacemaker

Uno Dos and Tre have to wait

First of all, this was an awesome idea for a thread btw??

Kerplunk: One of My Lies(emphasizes the slang in Billie's voice)

1039 SOSH: At the Library

Dookie: Burnout(it's so awesome to jump before he says"im not growing up". Serioisly you should try this sometime)

Insomniac: Armatage Shanks(catchiest song on the album and i love it so much)

Nimrod:Scattered(♡love the harmonies on the chorus and nice lyrics♡)

Warning: Church on Sunday(for some strange reason it reminds me of a Christmas song)

American Idiot: Letterbomb(honestly my fav off AI)

21st Century Breakdown: Restless Heart Syndrome(kind of sad, but i sing this one the best on GD Rock Band?)

...the trilogy isn't worth my time????

This thread would be more interesting if you guys included justifications and some background for your opinions. This feels like a list thread now.

Yes, #fakemod, but I'm dead bored.

This thread would be more interesting if you guys included justifications and some background for your opinions. This feels like a list thread now.

Yes, #fakemod, but I'm dead bored.

#modobservations

#modobservations

I should have saved that "Tom disapproves list threads" -pic so I could have posted it. Gotta find it :lol:

I should have saved that "Tom disapproves list threads" -pic so I could have posted it. Gotta find it :lol:

You spoiled it now.

:mad:

Archived