(Rumour) Green Day to tour Australia

blueboy

i thinking Green Day won't do Warped Tour because they're too popular for it. Besides I've heard at Warped Tour overseas all bands play for about the same time so it wouldn't be the same as other festivals anyway.

The longer it is til the tour announcement the more it looks like they'll be in Australia in December. Like it was mentioned earlier it'll be 4 years since they were last here. I thought the announcement would've happened by now!

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The longer it is til the tour announcement the more it looks like they'll be in Australia in December. Like it was mentioned earlier it'll be 4 years since they were last here. I thought the announcement would've happened by now!

I would expect that we will hear in the next few weeks. Frontier Touring are just getting through on the pre-sales for taylor swift, 30 seconds to mars etc. Once this is out of the way I think tour plans will be released. Anyways I have planned my December for it to be then.

I would expect that we will hear in the next few weeks. Frontier Touring are just getting through on the pre-sales for taylor swift, 30 seconds to mars etc. Once this is out of the way I think tour plans will be released. Anyways I have planned my December for it to be then.

Yeah I think so too. I thought when Frontier were announcing a tour that it would be Green Day, not Taylor Swift but oh well. Yes I have planned for it to be December too.

There are so many things happening near the end of the year, particularly in December!

Ok ticketek have put a teaser on their website "who will turn around their red chair & announce their tour dates in 3 days. Well the obvious choices are good Charlotte & Ricky Martin is already wait listed & they wouldn't say "their" for him. But it could be Green day cause billie was on the American voice. Here's hoping again guys.

Hoping the smaller club shows they don't play at aren't 18+, I know its unlikely to get in anyway and I can always go to the arena's. But it would be so great to see them at a club.

To add to Taylor Swift and Muse in December, we have Fleetwood Mac touring too.

Looking like summer is going to be busy as fuck this year. Last time it was like this was 2005. Exciting times.

As far as the "heritage act" somebody mentioned from the triple m article, I understand that at the time of that article being published, it was meant to be The Rolling Stones having a tour hint. That may have changed now.

Also, does anyone know any truth to the murmur the American Idiot musical was going to tour in conjunction with the 99 Revolutions tour? It came from a sketchy source, but both tours have no dates after August. It'd be fucking cool if we had both things tour simultaneously.

Ok ticketek have put a teaser on their website "who will turn around their red chair & announce their tour dates in 3 days. Well the obvious choices are good Charlotte & Ricky Martin is already wait listed & they wouldn't say "their" for him. But it could be Green day cause billie was on the American voice. Here's hoping again guys.

What a teaser to put up on ticketek's website!

It just sounds like it should be Green Day but you could never rule out Good Charlotte I guess.

Only judges had "red chairs"

Only judges had "red chairs"

lol I know that - we are just pretty desperate here in Australia for tour news.

Dam -it was Ricky. & the wait continues

They would have said "their" to not give away a gender.

Dam -it was Ricky. & the wait continues

All we can do is wait...

If they do Aussie, then they'd better hop the ditch to New Zealand. NZ hasn't seen them since 09 for god's sake!

Thats exactly how long its been since they were in Australia as well.

By the looking at the tour dates it looks like they have no concerts after the Reading/Leads festival in late August. So hopefully that means that they will have a short break, then head out here. As the only places remaining are Australia, Asia and maybe South America. Then they can go back and do more shows in North America and Europe. So hopefully October early November.

• 2 weeks later...

I was so pissed off with my mum in 09 for not letting me go see them. Still am. She said I could only go see them if they came to Wellington :angry. I want, want, WANT to see them, more than any other band, as I've been a massive fan of their's for 10 years now. I can ride or fly up to see them if they come to Auckland again, otherwise I'll have to take time off work if they just go to Aus, which will piss my boss off, but it's Green Day. They can't NOT go to Aus though, right?

I was so pissed off with my mum in 09 for not letting me go see them. Still am. She said I could only go see them if they came to Wellington :angry. I want, want, WANT to see them, more than any other band, as I've been a massive fan of their's for 10 years now. I can ride or fly up to see them if they come to Auckland again, otherwise I'll have to take time off work if they just go to Aus, which will piss my boss off, but it's Green Day. They can't NOT go to Aus though, right?

Someone asked about Aus to Mike on his Instagram and he said it will happen, no indication when though. I hope they do come to NZ as well, I can't go to Aus.

I like to think they're coming in December and are just waiting for the right time to announce it.

For some reason the last few times they've toured Australia, it's always been in Summer.

In 2005 they came in March and December, and 2009 was in December. They must love summer :P

But I do remember that when they announced the '09 December tour, it was announced in around June, I think - and tickets went on sale in July.

Ticketek also have that 'waitlist' thing for upcoming tours - and there have already been a couple of tours from some waitlists that have been announced, so that's promising!

Ticketek, trolled me this morning by sending me an email about a whole heap of artists. When I first saw it I thought they had announced the dates

That sucks - I think we would hear from Frontier first. But not sure. Surely its gotta be happening soon.

It makes me feel so anxious whenever they say "big tour announcement tomorrow!"

I get SO nervous and then it always turns out to be someone lame - like Taylor Swift.

Scanning ticketek again - surely the heritage band that triple m is talking about touring is Green Day not the Eagles.

I'm sure we would hear it from Frontier before Triple M :(

I am thinking that they may not end up coming out here until next year. It seems as though it is getting too late to announce dates, not just for use but for anywhere. The current dates end in August. So any dates would be pushing it for that time. I believe that they may take a few months off the relax and then start getting back into things with some tv appearances (mainly to promote the 2nd US tour leg, but also to get a little more attention for the Trilogy, to try and get some more sales, now they can do some promotion), and maybe to shoot a music video or two. Maybe do a few US shows, then come out here and do Australia, New Zealand, and Japan, before returning to the US.

Yeah, the whole tour seems a bit muddled up because of what happened with Billie's rehab. But I still have faith!

I am thinking that they may not end up coming out here until next year. It seems as though it is getting too late to announce dates, not just for use but for anywhere. The current dates end in August. So any dates would be pushing it for that time. I believe that they may take a few months off the relax and then start getting back into things with some tv appearances (mainly to promote the 2nd US tour leg, but also to get a little more attention for the Trilogy, to try and get some more sales, now they can do some promotion), and maybe to shoot a music video or two. Maybe do a few US shows, then come out here and do Australia, New Zealand, and Japan, before returning to the US.

I know December is bad for you - I am still hoping for then but don't really mind - as long as they release dates. Last time they release dates in June for December - so it is cutting it close now.

Archived