Green Day Q&A Thread

Fuzz

How did they make all of the funky sounds in Wow! That's Loud?

Mostly amp feedback (done by holding the guitar really close to the amp and making noises), and in the live video from Cuatro, Billie rubs a bunch of stuff on the guitar strings, like the microphone stand.

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mostly amp feedback (done by holding the guitar really close to the amp and making noises), and in the live video from Cuatro, Billie rubs a bunch of stuff on the guitar strings, like the microphone stand.

Oh yeah, I remember that lol

This sounds stupid, but I thought I'd still ask. I've seen people tweeting from soundchecks. Was there some competition to win entrance or are they privilleged for whatever reason? :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vfd5NS10f44

Looks like this guy was just hanging out outside the venue

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtYKGMabjto

However, this guy got in somehow

Question:

Is this a song? Wtf?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wb7JbTFbadc

Is Tré singing?

I don't know... Did I just stumble across a new song, or is this some other band? But it was at a Green Day soundcheck

I don't know... Did I just stumble across a new song, or is this some other band? But it was at a Green Day soundcheck

This. It sounded more like Mike or Jason singing a little to me.

Question:

Is this a song? Wtf?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wb7JbTFbadc

For the soundcheck video, it was the show when people from the Oakland Children's Hospital got in. One of them might have recorded it.

As for the other video, it me it sounds more like another band's soundcheck.

What does billie yell to the techs in jaded in Chicago right after his guitar messes up

:o i've never heard about this. i wish they would've actually done something :(

Umm... in 1992. or something, Tim Armstrong told Billie Joe that he wants him in the Rancid, but Billie Joe refused.

Umm... in 1992. or something, Tim Armstrong told Billie Joe that he wants him in the Rancid, but Billie Joe refused.

That's not what we're talking about though, this was a new thing aroun 07-08

I can't remember if I already asked this or not, but does anyone have any advice on tuning my toms to sound like Longview? Like just any general info would be appreciated, I'm pretty new to drums but I have a good ear for intervals and what-not so if that helps at all.

That's not what we're talking about though, this was a new thing aroun 07-08

Oh, sorry, i don't know anything about it. What happened?

Oh, sorry, i don't know anything about it. What happened?

I don't know. Guess it didn't happen

if I were to join IN, would I have access to all the older videos/interviews/anything that was released exclusively to IN members? and I'm not just on about within the past year or so, I mean everything they've ever done (for as long as IN/IC has existed) as an exclusive for IN.

if I were to join IN, would I have access to all the older videos/interviews/anything that was released exclusively to IN members? and I'm not just on about within the past year or so, I mean everything they've ever done (for as long as IN/IC has existed) as an exclusive for IN.

Good question. I've been wondering about this myself trying to decide if I want to join or not.

no the stuff is kinda recent. the desing right now is related to the trilogy, so is the stuff (pictures/videos) on it.

there's a few things from 21stCB but that's it. don't expect to find stuff from the 1994 idiot club.

but imo it really worth the 20$ with all the Q&As, the contests, the HD exclusive tour pictures, etc.

I follow this guy on Twitter, I think he "knew someone" from the Armstrong family, or knew someone who knew someone from the Armstrong family, I can't remember. Anyway, because of that he got backstage passes and hung out with band before the show.

no the stuff is kinda recent. the desing right now is related to the trilogy, so is the stuff (pictures/videos) on it.

there's a few things from 21stCB but that's it. don't expect to find stuff from the 1994 idiot club.

but imo it really worth the 20$ with all the Q&As, the contests, the HD exclusive tour pictures, etc.

that kinda sucks... I'll probably still join tbh, just a major shame they don't archive everything.

did they do something special in 2004 for the 10th anniversary of Dookie?

did they do something special in 2004 for the 10th anniversary of Dookie?

Not even...in 2004 they had all the American Idiot stuff to deal with...Dookie wasn't as big of a priority.

Not even...in 2004 they had all the American Idiot stuff to deal with...Dookie wasn't as big of a priority.

I don't know if you know this, but Billie, Mike, and Tré don't personally deal with every little thing related to the name Green Day. They have a label and a manager and probably even people they pay just to hold their dicks while they piss.

This is not a three-man operation is what I'm saying.

Anyone know why "Mirwais Ahmadzaï" is given writing credits for Kill the DJ in the iUno! tab book? Googling his name throws up a few results, but nothing in connection to green day.

Archived