Welcome to Green Day Community
Welcome Green Day fans! Right now you're viewing our site as a guest, which means you don't see or have access to many topics and conversations limited to our registered members. Sign up now to join the largest community of Green Day fans online! After-all, it's free!
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Absolute Radio video interview with Billie Joe

28 posts in this topic

Posted

Tre's idea of having them girls go that far :lol:

Posted

Tre's idea of having them girls go that far :lol:

Yeah XD.

Now people can't blame Bayer. "Oh, it's just Tre..."

The interviewer in fact seemed to rather enjoy talking about that video as well XD.

Good interview, though. I mean, it's just nice to see all of these clips coming out...

...Also, on a completely unrelated note... for UK people, what accent does that guy have? (Don't shoot me >_>.)

Posted

Yeah XD.

The interviewer in fact seemed to rather enjoy talking about that video as well XD.

yeah. I was telling people that the band comes up with the ideas not Sam.

Posted

Cool interview. Some new revelations about Oh Love video :lol:

Well yeah it did caught us off guard xD

Posted

I'm sure it was partly the band's idea, but I think Billie Joe was just referring to the increased levels of nudity being Tre's idea, not the entire concept itself :lol:

Posted

I'm sure it was partly the band's idea, but I think Billie Joe was just referring to the increased levels of nudity being Tre's idea, not the entire concept itself :lol:

Yeah he seemed to imply the idea was there but Tre was trying to push the envelope in terms of what they wear...

...bastard. :pinch:

Posted

See, these are interesting questions! unlike the interview Mike and Tré did earlier today

Posted

I feel like hearing Billie talk about the "Oh Love" video shoot releases a lot of the tension surrounding it....at least for me ( and no, I didn't mean "sexual tension" ;) )

1 person likes this

Posted

I feel like hearing Billie talk about the "Oh Love" video shoot releases a lot of the tension surrounding it....at least for me ( and no, I didn't mean "sexual tension" ;) )

Yeah him being so chill about it definitely makes it more acceptable. xP.

Posted

Yeah him being so chill about it definitely makes it more acceptable. xP.

Is that sarcasm? I honestly can't tell.

If it was, and well, even if it wasn't, that wasn't exactly what I meant.....Just with all the arguments about where the idea came from and what the video was supposed to mean etc. It was nice to get some straight-forward discussion and answers. Of course, he totally threw Tre under the bus lol....But I like that he acknowledged that the video was a total curveball in terms of what people normally expect from them, and that they intentionally ramped up the silliness in order to make things *less* awkward and uncomfortable.

The way the interviewer framed the questions, he clearly was expecting Billie to give a typical horny "guy" answer about how awesome it was to be surrounded by naked chicks. And he didn't.

2 people like this

Posted

Seriously Billie, funniest video that Green Day ever made? Hahah. But I liked the part where they are talking about vid. :happy:

Nice interview, thank you for posting!

1 person likes this

Posted

...Also, on a completely unrelated note... for UK people, what accent does that guy have? (Don't shoot me >_>.)

English, sorry that's all I can tell you, I recognise Scottish regions better than English.

Posted

Yeah XD.

I'm not actually even suprised that this is Tre Cools idea. :lol:
1 person likes this

Posted

See, these are interesting questions! unlike the interview Mike and Tré did earlier today

I don't care if their questions weren't interesting, they were hilarious:) What did you expect when fans were suposed to ask questions, it wasn't not suposed to be interesting, it was suposed to be fun. I just think it was great to see them so happy and not so quiet.

Posted

Is that sarcasm? I honestly can't tell.

If it was, and well, even if it wasn't, that wasn't exactly what I meant.....Just with all the arguments about where the idea came from and what the video was supposed to mean etc. It was nice to get some straight-forward discussion and answers. Of course, he totally threw Tre under the bus lol....But I like that he acknowledged that the video was a total curveball in terms of what people normally expect from them, and that they intentionally ramped up the silliness in order to make things *less* awkward and uncomfortable.

The way the interviewer framed the questions, he clearly was expecting Billie to give a typical horny "guy" answer about how awesome it was to be surrounded by naked chicks. And he didn't.

No, it wasn't sarcasm. I didn't actually realize there was so much argument about where the idea came from. But I totally appreciated that he did not answer the way the interviewer was expecting.

The interviewer seemed to make a lot of assumptions in general actually. I mean, it isn't a unique thing; a lot of times that's what happens in interviews. Billie Joe likes to dodge those expectations, though...

Posted

No, it wasn't sarcasm. I didn't actually realize there was so much argument about where the idea came from. But I totally appreciated that he did not answer the way the interviewer was expecting.

The interviewer seemed to make a lot of assumptions in general actually. I mean, it isn't a unique thing; a lot of times that's what happens in interviews. Billie Joe likes to dodge those expectations, though...

Oh yes, the "Oh Love" video thread was (and, I imagine, still is....I stopped following it once it moved on to a second thread) an absolute wasteland of despair.

Posted

Thanks for posting! :) I'm gonna watch it whenever I can.

Posted

Is this on youtube per chance?

Posted

Is this on youtube per chance?

Not that I can find, they have a youtube channel though, hope they put it up soon

Posted

Awesome interview! :woot: Thanks for posting!

Posted

Is there a youtube link to this? I tried to watch it from the site a thounsand times but I can't because of my fucking-stupid-goddamn slow internet :pinch:

If somebody knows, please let me know.

Posted

Great! thanks for this, I love all this interviews and stuff we are getting. Didnt pay much attention to this in the last "era".

Is there a youtube link to this? I tried to watch it from the site a thounsand times but I can't because of my fucking-stupid-goddamn slow internet :pinch:

If somebody knows, please let me know.

finally I found a user from Argentina haha :)

1 person likes this

Posted

its really nice that for a change the interviewer ask some interesting questions, and his answer totally great.

1 person likes this

Posted

I couldn't watch this yet :( the damn video keeps cutting :pinch:

Is there a way to download it, or is on youtube?