Velocity

• Replies 687
  • Created
  • Last Reply

started watching episode 1 now, hoping to see Mr.Armstrong soon :P

Edit, just realized, I like this show :P Why haven't I watched it before? :lol:

started watching episode 1 now, hoping to see Mr.Armstrong soon :P

Edit, just realized, I like this show :P Why haven't I watched it before? :lol:

Episode 1? Like as in the auditions? It'll be awhile, man ;).

I also sort of realized the samet hing. Except I know exactly why I never watched it before... Because the promos made it look like such a ridiculously cheesy overblown thing and because I don't really like the other 'talent competitions'. They tend to play up all the wrong aspects.

Episode 1? Like as in the auditions? It'll be awhile, man ;).

I also sort of realized the samet hing. Except I know exactly why I never watched it before... Because the promos made it look like such a ridiculously cheesy overblown thing and because I don't really like the other 'talent competitions'. They tend to play up all the wrong aspects.

Well seeing as it's the voice not the looks that's focused on in the beginning, I like that aspect, and can't see how that's wrong :P

Well seeing as it's the voice not the looks that's focused on in the beginning, I like that aspect, and can't see how that's wrong :P

Oh, I was saying I didn't watch it because I didn't like the other shows which play up the wrong aspects. Though reading again that may not have been clear.

did anyone record it? y'know youtube links or something please

Yeah, unfortunately they're not showing clips of him offering anything other than praise. Right now he sounds like Paula Abdul on American Idol. Still love him though. :P

My point exactly! The mentors help A LOT on the battle rounds stage and you can cleary see Bublé, Blige and Thomas being great advisors and helping a lot with good tips, but billie joe doesnt say anything usefull to the artists. He's only praising them and thats it. But this is not what he's "part" is about. He's supposed to be there to help, to talk about his experience, to help them to do a great performance. =( I'm disappointed!

I love the show and I'm not watching it because of Billie, but I was soooo excited to see him there. Now I'm not anymore! :( I like the other mentors better (as MENTORS ON THE VOICE, please dont get me bad!! hahaha OF COURSE as artists I love Billie Joe more than "anyone else", but I'm talking as a mentor)...

I'm such a wuss sometimes, I totally got misty eyed when Adam said Melanie won the battle. She's just so damn cute.

In all fairness to Billie, he hasn't really needed to give much guidance so far because Christina does a pretty good job of it for both of them. She kind of covers all the bases and Billie gives them a confidence boost. Also, there hasn't really been too much for him to say thus far. I'm sure he'll bestow some wisdom upon them in future shows.

I still can't get over the fact how short the arms from that one (celo or something like that?) mentor are. :|

Billie definitely comes off more competent in that interview than the show makes him look.

Also, I died laughing at "the bee's knees". What year is it, Billie?

Cool videos! I enjoyed the multiple "at the same time"'s :D

Anyone know if there's anywhere to watch last night's episode?

dont focus on vocal acrobatics instead of the meaning of the words you're singing

thank you billie joe! annoys me to no end

Maybe this was already mentioned..but like why did all the other mentors get like an extra part where they talked to the contestant like alone with the coach? Were Christina's contestants not nervous like the others? And I wish Billie had the opportunity to say more..but Christina pretty much answered all the questions and merely got Billie's appraisal. I mean Billie even said in that interview he can't offer any like vocal advice..(well in my opinion I think he's a great singer) but he could offer them a way to interpret the meaning of the song for themselves, so they could give an actual performance. But I think for this show, the judges are looking for the best voice. I think Billie's advice would be best for more advanced in the season or maybe after they win xD but like I said someone in this thread before, anyone can teach pitch and vibrato..ou could probably even buy a book! But what Billie could have offered I personally think is more valuable(;

lol the interview made me laugh so hard! I love how billie slipped in the terms "the bees knees and "Quacker Jacks??" ( to i guess describe musical runs). Aww Billie :)

can anyone tel me roughly what time(s) Billie is on on last night's show, I don't want to watch it all :lol:

She talks about billie at the 1:00 mark.

"He's so amazing to come from the genre he does and being a real artist, being a real songwriter". - The truth from the lips of a pop singer.

"He's so amazing to come from the genre he does and being a real artist, being a real songwriter". - The truth from the lips of a pop singer.

Aguilera isn't your cliche dumb blonde. She had a a pretty rough time growing up, her dad was in the army and traveled all the time and was never home. At the same time her mother was abusive and she was bullied out of school and had to be home schooled.

"That overachieving, ambitious, nobody-can-hold-me-down attitude I had, which came from a place of anger and aggression, has transformed into feeling like I will take on the world, but I will do it with an embrace, rather than with my dukes up.", doesn't sound like something a non-reflected, stupid person would say.

She has also won awards for original songs, so don't say she doesn't write any of her own material.

I wasn't able to see the 2 episodes yet!!! :pinch: Could somebody please tell me for how long does he appears?

Archived