Green Day References

Liam

In "Van Wilder 2: The Rise of Taj", Taj has to tell his favorite English poem (its a rather posh University and he doesn't know any traditional English Poems" so he ends up using Rolling Stones and Police lyrics, then at the end uses American Idiot and Good Riddance, i was surprised, anyways watch the film if you wanna see it, it happens about 40 mins into it, not a bad film although in the Van Wilder series, "Party Liaison" is much better in my opinion :)

I was at a festival yesterday and one of the bands played a cover of Longview and later at the "beer tent" a guy came up to me and started singing Basket Case, but only the first few lines because then he had to bend over to puke on my shoes.

But he gave me one of his flip flops, so it's ok.

• Like 3

On The Cleveland Show I found this:

I saw this when I was watching that episode! I don't fucking get it! Is it just supposed to be random? Or am I missing something?

• Like 1

I just heard Know Your Enemy on TV. The rowing from the Olympics is on and they just came back from a commercial and played te beginnning of it :happy:

I bought a t-shirt yesterday and it has a bunch of small pictures, and one it's from a motel called Holiday. :)

Not really a GD ref but the comedian Christopher Titus has made a new gamr called Ker-plunkjng

facebook_2007240189jpg.jpg

Edited by WhiteTim
  • Like 3

In the song "Underclass Hero" by Sum 41 he says " We're the elite of just alright" which could be a reference to Stuck with Me's "I'm not part of your elite I'm just alright"

On Cleverbot:

25z067d.png

And in one little wayne song on the album rebirth i think, idk the one that was supposed to be "rock" he says "do you have the time to listen to me whine"

Edited by StuckWithInsomnia

It's more Die Toten Hosen reference, cos the song is on compilation from 2011, but I think I can put it here. There is song of DTH called "Uno, Dos, Ultraviolento"

In the ad for the program Beaver Falls, a clip of American Idiot plays

Aww, my sister is watching some cartoon on TV where their town is called Green Day. :D

• Like 3

this is a tv series in germany about cops doing their job (the tv show itself sucks imo, but i switched through all tv channels and i heard that GDs Espionage is the title song for this show :D and imo Espionage isnt that famous)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ohvhp00xzaw

That....is...priceless :lol: