Green Day Random News

Fuzz

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Welcome Back". So Billie has said it at every show since Fox Theater in Pomona. Frick @ Rolling Stone quoted it at the Texas show and it's pretty funny to me that the dude to the right of me when I recorded this video said it, and Billie repeated it, crowd loved it, and there you have it. Billie, working with the crowd. ;) Noticed it, and it amused me. Thought I'd share.

@1:50

It will be funny if people keep doing this throughout the 99 Revs tour

You can also see the back of where they're sitting in this Warriors recap video, including a moment where Billie and Joey jump out of their seats in excitement haha

http://www.nba.com/video/games/warriors/2013/03/23/0021201039-was-gsw-recap.nba/index.html

I think I see Adrienne and Jacob sitting there too but I'm not sure if it's really them or not.

I think I see Adrienne and Jacob sitting there too but I'm not sure if it's really them or not.

It's them.

Ok this isn't 'random news' but I figured it needed to be acknowledged because it's just gotten creepy.

Does anyone remember the dude that was tweeting from his house near the warehouse while the Oh Love video was happening? And then everyone assumed it was Billie? Well he quickly got a following and whoever it is, has been acting like Billie (always acting - he denies it's him obviously) ever since. It probably wouldn't matter if it wasn't for the amount of people who legit believe it's Billie and for the stuff this person is saying.

It's really personal. There's been a lot of (presumably fiction, but still, the fans are taking it as coming from Billie, so they're not seeing it that way) personal stories and views and ideas, about rehab and how he feels lately (and usually the fans tweet him back all worried.) But it's gotten really fucked up as he's suddenly talking about being molested by his step dad as a kid. Whoever this person is, is sick and twisted. There are a LOT of fans who really should know better who follow this account. It wouldn't take long for these ridiculous claims to become legit rumors.

So yeah, I just think some kind of awareness needs to be raised because it's not normal.

Ok this isn't 'random news' but I figured it needed to be acknowledged because it's just gotten creepy.

Does anyone remember the dude that was tweeting from his house near the warehouse while the Oh Love video was happening? And then everyone assumed it was Billie? Well he quickly got a following and whoever it is, has been acting like Billie (always acting - he denies it's him obviously) ever since. It probably wouldn't matter if it wasn't for the amount of people who legit believe it's Billie and for the stuff this person is saying.

It's really personal. There's been a lot of (presumably fiction, but still, the fans are taking it as coming from Billie, so they're not seeing it that way) personal stories and views and ideas, about rehab and how he feels lately (and usually the fans tweet him back all worried.) But it's gotten really fucked up as he's suddenly talking about being molested by his step dad as a kid. Whoever this person is, is sick and twisted. There are a LOT of fans who really should know better who follow this account. It wouldn't take long for these ridiculous claims to become legit rumors.

So yeah, I just think some kind of awareness needs to be raised because it's not normal.

Agreed...this kind of shit gets on my nerves. There are at this point numerous "Billie Joe Armstrong's" all over facebook, "Joey" "Jakob" and now "Adrienne" have fake Instagrams and then there is this fake twitter. The dangerous part of all this is the direct contact these assholes have with fans. They have already convinced them over time that they are legit then they drop a bombshell like this...and the fans believe it. It's beyond a joke. Something needs to be done...seriously...before a headline reads that Billie was abused by his stepdad according to "sources" or some crap. How many people will retweet this?!

Sidenote...these fakes need lives...seriously.

Do people still think it's him? I mean, I realized the minute I started following him that it wasn't... It's kind of sad if people think it is... =/

Do people still think it's him? I mean, I realized the minute I started following him that it wasn't... It's kind of sad if people think it is... =/

If they do, that's really sad. I know I see posts on tumblr where people seem to think Joey Armstrong is their friend on Instagram or whatever and responding to them when obviously he only has a private one and doesn't friend Green Day fans. There are a lot of stupid and/or delusional people out there.

That being said, I highly doubt legitimate rumors would end up spreading from these types of people, however slanderous and inappropriate their claims. Just a few gullible teenage girls might get extremely duped. I think it's fine to ignore it. Not really worth anyone's time to launch a campaign against these imitators, as far as I'm concerned, they probably aren't capable of any genuine damage except to the hearts and minds of some really dumb people who we can pity :P

There are a lot of "popular" people who believe it's him though, and tell other people it's him. When I was in line at Shepherd's Bush someone was telling everyone all about Billie's secret Twitter, and there's one guy who based his trilogy interpretations on JK stuff. It's really sick now anyway with this stepdad bullshit, regardless of how many people believe it. Whoever runs that account is vile.

Unless GDA know better, maybe they could make an announcement to discourage people from interacting with him? Since we won't be able to report him unless he directly claims he's Billie.

I'd prefer we don't give him anymore attention by telling people it's not him. I was always very skeptical, then was pretty certain it wasn't him. He definitely always just seemed like someone who liked the attention and went about it cleverly. I think the best thing to do is for fans to reach out to other fans just to say it's not him.

I'd prefer we don't give him anymore attention by telling people it's not him. I was always very skeptical, then was pretty certain it wasn't him. He definitely always just seemed like someone who liked the attention and went about it cleverly. I think the best thing to do is for fans to reach out to other fans just to say it's not him.

I've been trying to do that for ages but they all just act like they know better and I'm not part of their little tribe. And it's not just teenage girls - grown adults who work on gda/gdc have followed and had conversations with him, making it a lot more credible by association.

Like I say, the other stuff was wrong but I could handle it, but this new stuff about his stepdad is something on a whole different level. It's a serious allegation.

According to Green Day Inc (via facebook) Billie Joe Armstrong will be on the cover of the newest issue of the Kerrang! magazine. They also added a picture:

30xem4j.jpg

I wonder if whoever this person is that is pretending to be Billie got the wrong idea from the "finger fucked as a child" comment.

Archived