The Trilogy Albums: ¡Uno!, ¡Dos!, and ¡Tré!

Liam

the german deluxe edition of UNO on iTunes contains the 12 confirmed songs + Videos of 'Oh Love', 'Kill The DJ', 'Let Yourself Go', 'Stay the Night'

i dont know much about iTunes store, but could it be thhat this 4 songs will be the 'singles' for UNO? with the music video for Oh Love and the other with lyrics video perhaps`?

Did it not say somewhere that there was going to be three singles for UNO?

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://www.stagedmag...-con-green-day/

Really good interview here, it's in Spanish but google translate makes it readabe. Lots of stuff we hadn't heard yet

What was the role of Rob? Was it a producer or became a sort of fourth member of the band?

BJ - Rob was great with us. We had to make friends with him again because he became an asshole for some years. He talked with us, because everything starts with us three, we made up and realized how close we are four. It was back to how we have worked with him in the past: he is able to listen and capture sound and reflect the ideas we have, be a great cheerleader and guide us.

Tre being Tre :lol:

"Do you think that without American Idiot and 21st Century Breakdown had been able to create this trilogy?

MD - All you do is another stepping stone to this thing we do. Probably not. I do not know. Perhaps.

BJ - We have no fucking idea.

MD - No idea, just keep writing.

TC - I definitely know one thing: never been born if my dad had not had sex with my mom's vagina."

Thanks for posting this interview by the way!

So I was right when I said the "nuggets" influence included 60's garage punk legends The Sonics!

and Tre!'s influences included Bob dylan and Neil Young?!? Wow! :D

Really good interview here, it's in Spanish but google translate makes it readabe. Lots of stuff we hadn't heard yet

That's awesome! Thanks for posting! :woot:

TC - I definitely know one thing: never been born if my dad had not had sex with my mom's vagina."

omg Tré! :lol: :lol: th_Latter18.gif

after reading this i cant wait for the kerrang article :D

hopefully someone will upload some scans very quick on wednesday :happy:

Was only expecting 3 singles from the 1st album tbh, Oh Love, Kill The DJ + Stay The Night...

can't complain tho! :P

I'm wondering if the three other tracks will be considered singles or if they're just releases

"MD – Creo que esta vez vamos a ver a dónde nos lleva la música. Es sobrecogedor planear tres años de gira y verlo de esa manera."

does this mean they are actually planning to go on world tour for THREE years??

I'm wondering if the three other tracks will be considered singles or if they're just releases

Calling Kill the DJ as the 2nd single, was thinking there'd be 3 but i don't know now....Stay the Night as 3rd if they have a 3rd "single".

Last will just be a digital release with less fanfare, i'd say.

Like it said in Billboard, I have a feeling maybe 2 or 3 of these will be official singles, and the other one will just be one of the songs promoted online early. I would think it would be "Let Yourself Go," because that's not radio-friendly with all the "fucks" in it ;) But maybe they don't care, or they pulled a Cee-Lo for radio and made the line "I don't give a crap."

Like it said in Billboard, I have a feeling maybe 2 or 3 of these will be official singles, and the other one will just be one of the songs promoted online early. I would think it would be "Let Yourself Go," because that's not radio-friendly with all the "fucks" in it ;) But maybe they don't care, or they pulled a Cee-Lo for radio and made the line "I don't give a crap."

Exactly. As I've said before, Let Yourself Go isn't radio friendly. And Green Day wouldn't pull a Cee-Lo and make a radio friendly version.

I think two will be actual singles. "Oh Love" (obviously) and "Stay the Night," which will be the one released mid-September. Giving "Oh Love" some time.

Exactly. As I've said before, Let Yourself Go isn't radio friendly. And Green Day wouldn't pull a Cee-Lo and make a radio friendly version.

I think two will be actual singles. "Oh Love" (obviously) and "Stay the Night," which will be the one released mid-September. Giving "Oh Love" some time.

So when Billboard referenced August 13th as the date of a new single, they were just referring to some kind of interim online song promotion? ... possibly. But I agree that if there are only 2 official singles, they will wait till mid-September.

It's also kind of insane that the second video is supposed to come August 13th, seeing as we're likely not going to get the Oh Love video until the beginning of August...

So when Billboard referenced August 13th as the date of a new single, they were just referring to some kind of interim online song promotion? ... possibly. But I agree that if there are only 2 official singles, they will wait till mid-September.

Yep, I'm thinking that's the plan. Because Tortella and Billboard weren't clear whether the songs being released were singles. They said they wanted promotion up the butt on this one. Wanted people to know there is an album coming.

I've never had a chance to really listen to and comprehend the lyrics for Let Yourself Go, but what are you basing the song being "radio friendly" on? Sound or content, or maybe censoring? If you're basing it on censoring out certain words, Stay the Night will obviously need to be censored, too.

I've never had a chance to really listen to and comprehend the lyrics for Let Yourself Go, but what are you basing the song being "radio friendly" on? Sound or content, or maybe censoring? If you're basing it on censoring out certain words, Stay the Night will obviously need to be censored, too.

The chorus to Let Yourself Go is entirely based on the word fuck (although I haven't listened to it in a long time). Stay the Night only has one or two, as far as I remember... just like BOBD.... shouldn't be much of an issue.

http://translate.goo...en-day/&act=url

Interview / three-headed monsters

By Luis Arista / Special Envoy to Los Angeles

With the luxury of having three members of Green Day in a row, a possible dream, ametrallamos questions to the most successful punk band ever. Their new album, his future, Latin America, were among the subjects who answered between seriousness and its continuing role of pranksters

Recently said they are at their most prolific and creative period. Do you consider the age and experience are what to see?

Billie Joe Armstrong - I'm not sure. We have no rules. I think we are falling into this thing called 'creativity'. We had fun writing songs as much as we did not. We meet in a room and the songs came and went. There is no reason at all. We have no idea. There is no set agenda, there is no concept behind our work. The purpose of writing is to be in a band.

Does the three-disc release was not planned or just happened?

Mike Dirnt - No, we just locked in a room and not leave until having so many songs, five days a week for a year. Write and write and it was fun.

Tré Cool - something we sometimes swells and becomes so great that operates on three things. In One! Two! And Tré!

BJ - Triplets.

MD - A three-headed monster.

So there is no concept behind this trilogy?

BJ - If there is one, is entirely accidental. I would say the first album (One!) Returns a bit our roots, not just Green Day, but a bit of power pop, early punk rock, like the Ramones and Buzzcocks, things like that, we grew loving. The second album (Two!) Goes on the side of the Nuggets, like a big fuck party garage (gender). And the third is a bit more reflective, for introspection. Given these three stages of life, [the trilogy is] in this regard is a matter of time and see what it represents.

Do you think that without American Idiot and 21st Century Breakdown had been able to create this trilogy?

MT - All you do is another stepping stone to this thing we do. Probably not. I do not know. Perhaps.

BJ - We have no fucking idea.

MT - No idea, just keep writing.

TC - I definitely know one thing: never been born if my dad had not had sex with my mom's vagina.

BJ - I have no idea, but that's the best part. I love the last two albums. Just try to write good songs. The only reason I started a band was playing music for the rest of our lives because we love being in a band. And sometimes it's sad to see how other bands do, because it seems to not like to work together, for we do and is fundamental things like friendship and love playing music for the rest of life.

Noel Gallagher recently said he no longer writes about getting rich and being a rockstar, but basic themes like love and relationships. Do you agree with him?

BJ - I do not think that love is basic to all. I think the issue is to write things that have some personal or emotional value that people can connect. It's the same with the songs with political content. If you think a song like '99 Revolutions' is something I think. Write a love song is, is to write about something you believe or think you can believe.

MD - I do not think the day comes where we say "I do not want to write songs with this theme." The songs come and sometimes you think you're not going to write, but you do.

BJ - (being sarcastic) - As our song 'Fuck Time' was definitely a political statement. Or 'Make out party'.

How did you decide the order of songs on the discs?

BJ - We had different styles of composition. There were some that were power pop and had the vintage sound of Green Day, there were things that were more garage rock like the Sonics, then these things more reflective and even would sound like Dylan or Neil Young. So I think all those songs began to form and after a while we realized what was going to represent each disk

MD - Each disk has its own personality.

Have mentioned that had a great time recording these discs. Any special memories you want to share with our readers?

BJ - I think it was the whole trip. We write a lot of songs in New York, another pile on the beach in California, wrote other things in Austin, Texas, recorded demos when we were on tour in Europe.

Amid all did a documentary showing what we do in our lives as surfing, build a skate ramp, we had a pirate radio station and the police caught us ... doing shows in small venues where we played a lot of new material where we impact our audience. I think we treat them as if we were a new band, it was not necessarily a fun time, it was rather shocking. I think after the first show I wanted to vomit, as when you played your first show. And we volteábamos to see and we wondered if we had done well. It felt like we were in a dream.

You mentioned that you write songs in the middle of the tour. Are you always writing?

BJ - Yeah, I never stop writing songs, be it a lyrical idea or a guitar riff is always continuous and the documents has as much as possible.

Rob Cavallo (producer of the trilogy) said he wanted to return to the sound of Dookie. Do you think you reached the point where it completed the circle in his career?

BJ - I do not think we've completed a circle, rather it has been like a figure eight. To say that we return to the sound of Dookie is to generalize too much. Is One! Two! Tré! We had a lot of stuff and made ​​a lot of sense together. I think when writing songs is when we came back a little, for not overthink things. We write songs on impulse. It was like shooting from the hip.

I also tried my voice as an instrument rather than a horn. There are songs with sexual tension, some with infatuation, others with political content. At the end is a whole thing and it is difficult to summarize or define exactly what it is, because I think it is the first time something like this is done at this scale.

What was the role of Rob? Was it a producer or became a sort of fourth member of the band?

BJ - Rob was great with us. We had to make friends with him again because he became an asshole for some years. He talked with us, because everything starts with us three, we made up and realized how close we are four. It was back to how we have worked with him in the past: he is able to listen and capture sound and reflect the ideas we have, be a great cheerleader and guide us.

We are very interested in our sound and he was very instrumental in this regard. We did not want to sound like American Idiot and 21st Century Breakdown, we wanted to sound more to our roots, have the right instruments and amplifiers and he was concerned to find that sound with us.

Will they go on tour with this trilogy?

All - Yes

TC - We have three albums, so we will definitely go on tour.

Do you know if you go to Latin America?

TC - We are waiting to decide what to do. As stated earlier, we are not doing this under a regulation.

MD - I think this time we'll see where it leads the music. It's overwhelming to plan three years on tour and see it that way. We want people to have music in their hands, so we'll see how it evolves and how we carry.

TC - We will do the same way that all this started: Billy wrote some songs, we meet every day just to practice, practice, and a new band. With these three albums I think we will do the same: we will climb the stage and follow the music.

Billy tweeted this: "Tonight we have given our best show and it was in Argentina. The best part? All Songs ". Did we could share memories of their tours in Latin America?

BJ - We had not been there in over 10 years and was the end of the tour's 21st Century Breakdown. It was amazing, all the shows are so wild. People went crazy and that we love. They sing with us, singing the guitar solos, bass lines, drums, everything. So the whole tour was amazing.

I think writing this meant tweet "Ok, what country will be the loudest?". Of course, if you're in Chile say "fuck Argentina, we are louder." It was to do a bit of healthy competition. It was a funny statement.

MD - also enjoyed the power go out and spend time with the fans. The first time we were there all happened very fast. I felt the last time were longer. Gave 4 in the morning, I said "I can not sleep, I'm going outside to greet fans ahead" and lived with them 30 or 40 minutes.

BJ - Wearing a speedo.

MD - Nude with an erection.

The police found out about their radio station? :o I didn't know that was illegal

Uno and the deluxe version are now up for pre-order on the US itunes store.

The police found out about their radio station? :o I didn't know that was illegal

Yeah, it is. In the US, you have to get "approved" for a frequency channel on the radio wave - when it's going to be powerful and widely broadcasted - hence why personal FM transmitters (like for your iPod/iPhone in your car) are fine since they're short range. The FCC controls all of it. Have to follow specific guidelines, mainly relating to content you push out - no bad words, etc. It's ridiculously picky but I think it's for the good.

That really surprises me about Rob, because of the translation, I wonder if it was meant as a joke or not.

Interesting to see which songs are labeled explicit :P All of them except for Oh Love, Carpe Diem, Sweet 16, Nuclear Family, and Fell For You. That means Billie somehow managed not to say "fuck" for almost half the songs, bless his little heart.

I think they were joking about Rob, like "He didn't produce our last album. What an asshole *laughs*"

Canadian iTunes doesn't seem to have the album up there yet, I can't find it anywhere. :(

Is there actually a point in buying the Deluxe version if all it contains are music videos? I mean, aren't they just gonna be on youtube anyway...?

I see two regular versions of ¡Uno! as well as a deluxe version...did iTunes make a clean version of the album???

Archived