Studio Video Number 8!

Laura!

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I expected something more after waiting like that... at least we know they're doing something.

I think it's older footage. Mike & Jason have longer hair and Billie shorter and no roots.

My attempt at decoding the damn thing! Also, yay new video. If it's in brackets I'm making a total guess.

"Kickin' a sling."

"Okay, well, you wanna hear a new thing?"

"What you got? New song?"

"Count to 3 for a bit of a loop... I like loops!"

"Brrrrrrrrr"

"Awh, I'm digging the way we sound right now, man."

"Yeah I noticed there's a (pig in a bucket) downstairs."

I'm guessing they've probably finished recording and are at the next stage so they're using more older footage now. Not that I know anything about recording in a studio. Haha. Exciting though! So glad we've had another video :D

I think it's older footage. Mike & Jason have longer hair and Billie shorter and no roots.

I think so too!

This is probably from one of their jam sessions of last year in between their secret shows or somewhere before.

I'm sure they are still busy recording, but they like to keep us entertained while we wait.

I like loops :lol:

Fuck yeah! This video makes me so excited for the new music!

Billie says "Something that'll throw you for a bit of a loop".... niiiiiice.

I'm guessing they've probably finished recording and are at the next stage so they're using more older footage now. Not that I know anything about recording in a studio. Haha. Exciting though! So glad we've had another video :D

Meh. Maybe. It's been only a month, which can certainly be enough time to record everything. Only possible if the band has had everything mostly rehearsed and finalized in their songs before entering the studio... that way they're not spending time still writing the album while recording it.

Also, for the last couple albums, it seems as if the band has started at Jingletown in Oakland and then moved to Ocean Way in LA to finish it up. As far as we know, they're still at Jingletown.

But I think it's got to be getting somewhat close. When was American Idiot finished? May? And was released in September. With the festivals they're playing in August, they'll DEFINITELY have a single out by then.

We wait and see....

I noticed that the thumbnail kinda makes it look like Mike has a goatee-like thing and it made me think....Mike would look badass with a goatee or some sort of facial hair. I'm not sure Billie or Tre could pull it off.

i don´t think that they´ve finished after only a month. but i´m exited and all what we can do is waiting.

I noticed that the thumbnail kinda makes it look like Mike has a goatee-like thing and it made me think....Mike would look badass with a goatee or some sort of facial hair. I'm not sure Billie or Tre could pull it off.

Hmm you be the judge :D

beard.jpg

bb.jpg

trebeard.jpg

Great!!! :woot: They're back! :dance: I entered to GD.com and the video wasn't on the main page but then I saw screencaps on the threads... :o omg

The best thing is that Tré's talking on this video :happy:

Well, for me, I like them better without beard :P

I think they can all pull it off well, but maybe that's just me. :lol: I like them better without the beard too.

Meh. Maybe. It's been only a month, which can certainly be enough time to record everything. Only possible if the band has had everything mostly rehearsed and finalized in their songs before entering the studio... that way they're not spending time still writing the album while recording it.

Also, for the last couple albums, it seems as if the band has started at Jingletown in Oakland and then moved to Ocean Way in LA to finish it up. As far as we know, they're still at Jingletown.

But I think it's got to be getting somewhat close. When was American Idiot finished? May? And was released in September. With the festivals they're playing in August, they'll DEFINITELY have a single out by then.

We wait and see....

As time's gone on and we've at least seen glimpses of the musical style they're shooting for (i.e., becoming the current poster-band for cream-of-the-crop Gretsch gear) I'm more likely to think that the album's going in the can right out of Jingletown. It's home, and more importantly, it's had a lot of upgrades over the past few years. If they can get the sound they want with the equipment they have there, there's no technical need to take it to L.A.

Just so long as they bring Chris Lord-Alge in to mix the bastard for them again, I'll be happy with that.

Billie's pretty bad-ass with a beard, but then again he's bad-ass without one. Preference is for without.

I don't know if it's the camera angle in Tre's shot, but he looks thinner and dare I say older in that shot than he looks on stage.

Mike's looks a bit like my brother-in-law's. :pinch:

Aw, I reeeally like how they edited that one. :happy:

Yeah, totally agree with you. The editing is what caught my eye first, to be honest! :happy:

Absolutely loving this! We're definitely getting closer to hearing some big news. Does anyone know which city is displayed over the video?

Oh, and for the record, Billie looks the best with a beard. :D

Yeah, totally agree with you. The editing is what caught my eye first, to be honest! :happy:

Same. :)

I love the extreme height difference in the beginning.

Billie you midget.

Billie takes the money . . .

Yay! their videos are getting so artsy. i see jason nodding in agreement at one point, that a boy! way to contribute

Mike has too much beard so it swallows up his face, billie has too little beard so its like awww hes trying to grow a beard, how precious! but tre is just right mmhmm i think he rocks it

beard.jpg

bb.jpg

trebeard.jpg

Actually, Tre looks pretty damn good too. I might need to see Mike dressed up like an Old West sheriff before I can rest easy.

Please let that be in a video.

Archived